Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | No Internet Access and VM can't help :-(

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

100mb availability in Nottingham

Old 12-04-2011, 19:41   #1
Phil-ntl
Body of a God (Buddha)!

Services: VVIP 500mb aka Ultimate Oomph (who the hell thought that name up??) 4X V6 Samsung UE55KU6470 4K TV
Phil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation era
Talking 100mb availability in Nottingham

For anyone who's waiting, it would seem that as of yesterday, the 100mb service is now available in most area's of Nottingham 2 months earlier than the pdf reckons.

also confirmed by retentions

Phil
Phil-ntl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2011, 19:43   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: 100mb availability in Nottingham

sweet, hopefully we'll follow shortly because all of our traffic comes through you apparently
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 19:52   #3
DABhand
Inactive

DABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of light

It's a shame a customer has to contact customer services/retentions to find out. They really need to find a new way of updating the 100mb page to show up to date changes rather than wait a couple of months to release a new pdf file.
DABhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 20:13   #4
Phil-ntl
Body of a God (Buddha)!

Services: VVIP 500mb aka Ultimate Oomph (who the hell thought that name up??) 4X V6 Samsung UE55KU6470 4K TV
Phil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABhand View Post
It's a shame a customer has to contact customer services/retentions to find out. They really need to find a new way of updating the 100mb page to show up to date changes rather than wait a couple of months to release a new pdf file.
I only found out by accident. I actually rang up to arrange my tivo install after getting the email and was offered a new package - "tivo vip 100" for less than i'm paying now.

i agreed to it then phoned retentions to check it was on the level. Not that i dont trust the offshore brigade you understand.

Phil
Old 12-04-2011, 20:23   #5
DABhand
Inactive

DABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah I know exactly what you mean Phil :P
DABhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 22:40   #6
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABhand View Post
Yeah agreed. Indeed some links show the March update to the schedule whilst others show a November 2010 pdf. I don't know why they bother. We might as well be kept completely in the dark rather than be misled. Coventry was being planned, then briefly became April 2011, now it is being planned depending upon which link you follow. Then we hear that Nottingham has gone live without warning.

OH Well! My TIVO arrives this week by way of compensation.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 23:21   #7
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

To be honest I'd rather see less asymmetricity in the u/d speeds.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 23:45   #8
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
To be honest I'd rather see less asymmetricity in the u/d speeds.
Yes. 50Mb/5Mb begins to look like a decent product.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 08:06   #9
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

It is available to the Mapperley area at present so check your connection at the top of the page first.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 10:53   #10
bizarre_opinion
Inactive

bizarre_opinion is an unknown quantity at this point

So i guess the rest of nottingham will get it before june?
bizarre_opinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 11:22   #11
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
sweet, hopefully we'll follow shortly because all of our traffic comes through you apparently
Technically correct but not related to any upgrades. Nottingham is a core network access point which Lincoln connects to, Lincoln has its own hubsite and separate UBR's so would be a separate upgrade project to any of the Nottingham UBR's.

HTH

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 11:24   #12
Phil-ntl
Body of a God (Buddha)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
It is available to the Mapperley area at present so check your connection at the top of the page first.
Clifton as well
Old 14-04-2011, 12:03   #13
bizarre_opinion
Inactive

bizarre_opinion is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems as though 100mb is available for me too. Well, so say's the virginmedia website via my postcode, ng7.

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-ntl View Post
Clifton as well
Have you gone for 100mb? I'm going to hold off until virgin sort out the issue's with the superhub.
bizarre_opinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 13:49   #14
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Its also now available in Glasgow
Old 14-04-2011, 19:13   #15
Phil-ntl
Body of a God (Buddha)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_opinion View Post

Have you gone for 100mb? I'm going to hold off until virgin sort out the issue's with the superhub.
I've gone for it simply because i was offered a "Tivo vip 100" package for less than i'm paying now for 50mb etc. I've had the superhub for a while and even when testing the beta firmware, had very little problem with it.

Phil