Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile - end of Contract

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Unlocking a Virgin V3i

Old 13-04-2006, 23:03   #1
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Unlocking a Virgin V3i

I'm thinking about getting one of these to replace my broken Orange K700i.

Am I going to easily be able to unlock it to use on EasyMobile?
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-04-2006, 23:07   #2
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W
Re: Unlocking a Virgin V3i

tis certainly possible to unlock v3is....

a local small mobile store (or market) will probably do it for about a tenner, or you can get the networks to do it, but you may well get charged more.

Not sure if it applies to the v3 but when you unlock some phones it means you can't use MMS and GPRS on other networks...
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 23:11   #3
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

That doesn't sound good. Trouble is when you go looking for info on unlocking and if there are any known issues, all you get are sites trying to flog you codes.
Old 13-04-2006, 23:13   #4
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

a local shop will know about any known issues, so worth just an enquiry there before you get it done
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 23:17   #5
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

Virgin will give you the unlock code if you have spent over £30 on airtime.
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2006, 00:09   #6
Shaun
Inactive

Well I get £25 free airtime with the phone so maybe it's worth spending another £5 to get the unlock code from them?

I was going to flog the airtime on EBay, hmmmm.........always something new to think about when I post here!
Old 14-04-2006, 01:11   #7
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

yeah but Shaun, it doesnt work that way with them unfortunatly, I've had virgin before and you had to have used the credits before and made at least another 10 quids top up, they dont calculate the dosh that you got with the phone as this is considered as a freebie
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 01:13   #8
Shaun
Inactive

Well it should arrive tommorow so I'll have to nip it into town and get it unlocked.

One thing I forgot to ask, is there a program out there for unlocking v3is? I know there's one for nokias but...... would save me a trip into town.
Old 24-04-2006, 01:22   #9
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Nope, not one for the V3i. Nor any other motorola to my knowledge.

How much did this phone cost you btw, thinking of buying one.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 14:17   #10
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Yep, I never managed to find anything (software wise) for unlocking Motorolas. I ended up getting mine unlocked by the telco, who did it for free but as it was Orange France I ended up spending a fortune on call charges to call them from the UK to get the 'free' code

Now, I get my phone and all my calls paid for by my company, which is nice, but means that they get to choose which model I use and who I'm with.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 15:36   #11
Shaun
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii
Nope, not one for the V3i. Nor any other motorola to my knowledge.

How much did this phone cost you btw, thinking of buying one.

Shame there's no software - will have to take it to the shop in town.

got it for £139.99 from CPW on their price promise. Their price is £189.99 but I found it on the LXdirect.com site for the lower price.

Didn't want to buy it from LX though as there was a 3 week wait. Only thing that bugs me is CPW matched the price but wouldn't match the £25 free airtime.

Still saved £50 though
Old 24-04-2006, 15:47   #12
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

Are you sure it is locked? CPW sometimes sell unlocked phones on the Virgin tariff so it is probably worth checking first.
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 17:29   #13
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
Shame there's no software - will have to take it to the shop in town. got it for £139.99 from CPW on their price promise. Their price is £189.99 but I found it on the LXdirect.com site for the lower price. Didn't want to buy it from LX though as there was a 3 week wait. Only thing that bugs me is CPW matched the price but wouldn't match the £25 free airtime. Still saved £50 though
Laughs manically, thanks for the point in the right direction

If i manage to get my money sorted i will be replacing this unlocked 3220.

And yeah, Kig Of Fools is correct, they sometimes do sell unlocked phones just with a SIM, they did it to my friend Rob, sold it to him on Orange, and he replaced it with an EasyMobile sim no problems
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 19:26   #14
jellybaby
Inactive

Services: VM VIP50
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
Send a message via AIM to jellybaby Send a message via MSN to jellybaby

http://www.motox.info/showthread.php?t=7905
jellybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 13:47   #15
Shaun
Inactive

Thansk for the help guys but as some of you guessed it was unlocked already. Talk about surprised. A V31 for 139.99 ready unlocked!!!! :shock:

Saved me a trip into town.