Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Good service from VM engineers.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Good service from VM engineers.

Old 17-09-2017, 18:53   #1
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Good service from VM engineers.

Virgin Media is often maligned for its poor customer services and its oversubscribed network. I have been one of those criticising CS, although not the internet service. I get my headline internet speeds plus more 24/7.
It is a pleasure, therefore, to report a good attentive service from that provided by VM engineers.

My need for an engineer began after the installation of two V6 boxes to replace my old kit. I was unable, after installation, to access 'catch up' and 'on demand' on both boxes. Very quickly, within 24 hours, low power levels in the building were found to be responsible. The power levels in the street box were at their max, so the engineers replaced the main splitter with a more modern one, found levels to be still too low and so installed a signal booster. My services were fully restored.

Rather than leave it at that the engineers deduced that some of the power loss was on the length of coax between the street box and my property. They fixed a date to replace the whole cable with something newer , but on replacement day found that the old NTL concrete trunking further down the street had been compromised. They couldn't pull the cable through. The date for them to dig up the road, with council permission, has been fixed, for next Wednesday 8.00 am until 1.00. I don't need to be at home until 1.00. I liked the good communication used to let me know at every stage the reason for the hold up and then the precise timeslot. A phone number has been given for me to communicate directly with engineers doing the actual job.

I know some of you might say that this is the quality of service that should always be provided. I would agree, but it was not always like this. VM, at least on the engineers service side of things, has improved its performance.

VM are installing a whole new network right next to our old NTL area. This is fibre to the premises. Given that VM plans to upgrade all the old NTL areas to fibre eventually, using the existing conduits/trunking, wouldn't it be a lovely surprise if they fibred our street. At least half the street must be affected by the compromised trunking. I wouldn't be surprised if the engineers have to replace other lengths of coax. Nah! I'm living in a dream world. Of course they would have to upgrade the street box too. That isn't going to happen.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-09-2017, 18:59   #2
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age
Re: Good service from VM engineers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Virgin Media is often maligned for its poor customer services and its oversubscribed network. I have been one of those criticising CS, although not the internet service. I get my headline internet speeds plus more 24/7.
It is a pleasure, therefore, to report a good attentive service from that provided by VM engineers.
Always great to hear a good news story - you may be lucky fibre may be on its way.
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote