Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The PS4 Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

The PS4 Thread
View Poll Results: Will you buy the ps4
Never 25 28.09%
Maybe 22 24.72%
Defo 37 41.57%
No sure 5 5.62%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-02-2013, 09:35   #1
andrewstevenson

The PS4 Thread

Well the ps4 did look good but after some revelations it's thanks but no thanks

1. Ps3 saves can't be transferred to ps4

2. Ps3 downloaded games from psn won't work on a ps4

3. No idea how it works wether we need to buy ps3 games online or stream.

4. How much it will cost.

5. Rumoured ps plus increase for ps4.

6. No pic or hard drive size info

That don't sound tempting to me
Advertisement
Old 22-02-2013, 10:06   #2
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age
Re: Ps4 no thanks

Ive put maybe, Its always nice to see gaming going to the next level, but if PS3 saves can't be transfered to a PS4 then it wont get out of the starting blocks for me.

The multiplayer fps games on the PS3 have never been as well supported by the devs as much as the xbox 360 imo, so I might give this one a miss, but I will still be tempted. The one thing I do love about the PS3 is the control pad, it's excellent and hardy enough to last years of abuse, so I hope the new pad hasnt tried to copy the xbox 360's style too much because the thumb sticks become worn and sloppy within 2 or 3 days of using a new one.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 10:31   #3
tizmeinnit

when its £150 and they change the used games policy a year down the line when they realise its not selling then maybe lol
Old 22-02-2013, 10:52   #4
andrewstevenson

Well I have 85 games purchased from psn so why get a ps4 when you can't play purchased games
Old 22-02-2013, 11:34   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Don't see the backwards compatibility thing being too much of an issue. The PS3 dropped it quite quickly but that didn't stop people buying it.

Anyway, I've already got a PS3 to play my PS3 games on
Old 22-02-2013, 11:46   #6
andrewstevenson

I agree but all psn downloaded content on ps3 not being available on ps4, so then only games on a new console are fully priced and expensive
Old 22-02-2013, 12:22   #7
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post
Well the ps4 did look good but after some revelations it's thanks but no thanks

1. Ps3 saves can't be transferred to ps4

2. Ps3 downloaded games from psn won't work on a ps4

3. No idea how it works wether we need to buy ps3 games online or stream.

4. How much it will cost.

5. Rumoured ps plus increase for ps4.

6. No pic or hard drive size info

That don't sound tempting to me
1) I can't recall that being such a big deal when transitioning from the PS2 to the PS3, I can't recall outcries for Memory Card slots on the PS3.

2) The idea of Next Generation is you play Next Generation games. If you wish to play PS3 games then you have a PS3. Backwards compatibility is a bonus not a must have.

3) See points 1 & 2

4) I'd find it funny if anyone expected a brand new console to be cheap. £250 barebones minimum.

5) You say it like it's a bad thing? Microsoft have been charging since day one with regards to their online platform and look how widely successful it is. Paying a subscription for premium features gives Sony/Microsoft developers the chance to add unique features to each system and expand their on board content further, such as Netflix, Sky and so on.

6) I'd put it at three versions, 500gb, 1tb and 2tb editions.

Most of you are being way too quick in jumping the gun with criticism and seemed to have forgotten this was simply an announcement and a quick peek, we are yet to reach the biggest gaming expo of the year and anyone who assumed Sony would simply flaunt everything now was simply mislead. Sony will reveal everything at E3 2013 and every question answered fully then.

To answer the Poll, I'd say never because I'm sold by Microsoft every time but I'm open to both consoles for individual features, that meaning I'm hoping they actually have some sort of differences this time round and not some Blu Ray player I could care less about.
Old 22-02-2013, 12:42   #8
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
1) I can't recall that being such a big deal when transitioning from the PS2 to the PS3, I can't recall outcries for Memory Card slots on the PS3.

2) The idea of Next Generation is you play Next Generation games. If you wish to play PS3 games then you have a PS3. Backwards compatibility is a bonus not a must have.

3) See points 1 & 2

4) I'd find it funny if anyone expected a brand new console to be cheap. £250 barebones minimum.

5) You say it like it's a bad thing? Microsoft have been charging since day one with regards to their online platform and look how widely successful it is. Paying a subscription for premium features gives Sony/Microsoft developers the chance to add unique features to each system and expand their on board content further, such as Netflix, Sky and so on.

6) I'd put it at three versions, 500gb, 1tb and 2tb editions.

Most of you are being way too quick in jumping the gun with criticism and seemed to have forgotten this was simply an announcement and a quick peek, we are yet to reach the biggest gaming expo of the year and anyone who assumed Sony would simply flaunt everything now was simply mislead. Sony will reveal everything at E3 2013 and every question answered fully then.

To answer the Poll, I'd say never because I'm sold by Microsoft every time but I'm open to both consoles for individual features, that meaning I'm hoping they actually have some sort of differences this time round and not some Blu Ray player I could care less about.
Point 1 what? who said anything about memory card slots?

Point 2 Some models of PS3 do play PS2 games Sony removed the option on none jailbroken consoles cuz they are fools I do agree though the option would be a bonus

Point 3 seeing as your point 1 makes no sense I have no reply

Point 4 I agree

Point 5 MS may well have been doing it a long time. A success?? not so sure full of cheats I have been told and unruly loud mouthed gob*****s

Point 6 well a 2TB 2.5 inch hard drive alone is nearly £150 so I personally doubt there will be a 2TB version if there was it will be ridiculously expensive

The biggest downfall on both the new consoles is the tied up games you buy you can not sell the main market for console games surely is the play them sell them idiom that has existed previously.
Old 22-02-2013, 12:49   #9
andrewstevenson

I think a bigger concern is no psn games purchased will work on psn even need for speed and FIFA 13
Old 22-02-2013, 13:00   #10
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
Point 1 what? who said anything about memory card slots?

Point 2 Some models of PS3 do play PS2 games Sony removed the option on none jailbroken consoles cuz they are fools I do agree though the option would be a bonus

Point 3 seeing as your point 1 makes no sense I have no reply

Point 4 I agree

Point 5 MS may well have been doing it a long time. A success?? not so sure full of cheats I have been told and unruly loud mouthed gob*****s

Point 6 well a 2TB 2.5 inch hard drive alone is nearly £150 so I personally doubt there will be a 2TB version if there was it will be ridiculously expensive

The biggest downfall on both the new consoles is the tied up games you buy you can not sell the main market for console games surely is the play them sell them idiom that has existed previously.
My first was just a bit of humor heh, I was referring to the PS3 launch in which you couldn't transfer saves to the PS3 from the PS2, something you'll also not be able to do PS3>PS4.

As for the online bit, There are indeed cheaters and big mouth's across all online services but it's rare to come across said cheaters on the xbox live service unless you're actively looking for them. Cheating on consoles is still a long way off the PC luckily, it isn't plagued with wallhacking aimbotters.
Funnily enough, the USB functions on the Xbox are the highest cause of 'cheaters' but also another reason people pay for the service... Yeah people pay a sub so they can cheat online, Hilarious I know.
Old 22-02-2013, 13:11   #11
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post
I think a bigger concern is no psn games purchased will work on psn even need for speed and FIFA 13
I disagree I think the lack of transfer rights outweighs this 10x you can still play your games on a PS3 but if you buy a game finish it and do not really like it you are stuck with it
Old 22-02-2013, 13:21   #12
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
I disagree I think the lack of transfer rights outweighs this 10x you can still play your games on a PS3 but if you buy a game finish it and do not really like it you are stuck with it
Indeed, surely these developers have though about renting games from the PSN store, should work fine. Similar to OnLive.
Old 22-02-2013, 13:21   #13
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Sony removed the option on none jailbroken consoles cuz they are fools I do agree though the option would be a bonus
They physically removed hardware needed to run PS2 games in order to make the PS3 cheaper http://www.semperthree.com/backwards-compatibility.html
Old 22-02-2013, 13:22   #14
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

With the rumour that the M$ xbox720 will restrict the play of used/2ndhand games then I'm tempted to ditch m$ and go with Sony the next time around.
Old 22-02-2013, 13:30   #15
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
They physically removed hardware needed to run PS2 games in order to make it cheaper http://www.semperthree.com/backwards-compatibility.html
that is really strange because a little search around the hack scene tells a different story

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
With the rumour that the M$ xbox720 will restrict the play of used/2ndhand games then I'm tempted to ditch m$ and go with Sony the next time around.
Sony are doing the same that is the point I have been making