Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 11-07-2017, 22:10   #4861
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Baby Driver - 9 / 10 : Very fun film set to music
My Life as Courgette - 9/10 : Nice little animated film, worth catching if you can
Spiderman 8/10 : One of the better superhero films
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-07-2017, 15:54   #4862
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Dunkirk 9/10 - great, tense, film. One of those you need to see in a cinema
Old 22-07-2017, 17:25   #4863
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I agree that you need to see it in the cinema but I would only give it 6.5/10. I was expecting it to be like Private Ryan with a story, characters and dialogue however it was more like Gravity. I really enjoyed Gravity but I knew what to expect.

I am sure this is going to be nominated for a few Oscars and technically it did a brilliant job of portraying what happened and the sound effects were excellent, I felt like I was really there. I was expecting it to be more of an entertaining war film like Black Hawk Down (also based on a true story) but it felt more like a National Geographic special.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 21:47   #4864
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I agree that you need to see it in the cinema but I would only give it 6.5/10. I was expecting it to be like Private Ryan with a story, characters and dialogue however it was more like Gravity. I really enjoyed Gravity but I knew what to expect.

I am sure this is going to be nominated for a few Oscars and technically it did a brilliant job of portraying what happened and the sound effects were excellent, I felt like I was really there. I was expecting it to be more of an entertaining war film like Black Hawk Down (also based on a true story) but it felt more like a National Geographic special.
I can see that. I think if you were expecting a story-driven film then this would surprise you. It is a film driven by picture and sound rather than dialog.

The thing about seeing it in the cinema is that it's perfect for that medium. It wouldn't work on television as well as it does with large screens a big sound systems. I also love that this and other films such as Mad Max, Gravity and Baby Driver to a less extent are taking advantage of cinema more.

This is the kind of film Michael Bay would like to do but lacks the ability. It's how you do a specular film.
Old 22-07-2017, 22:18   #4865
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Transformers: The Last Knight. 1/10

Realised I just ranted last time and didn't actually rate. As before just an absolute pile of crap. Clearly just aimed at the Chinese market.

I worry Pacific Rim 2 will now be pushed with the same goal.
Old 22-07-2017, 22:28   #4866
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

T2: Trainspotting 8/10. It would be fair to say it's an unnecessary sequel, but, we really enjoyed it, and again every Begbie scene has you on the edge of your seat worried about what he'll do

It's not quite as good as the first one, but that being the iconic film it is, it would be hard to live up to that, but it didn't disappoint.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 14:56   #4867
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Dunkirk 9/10.

If you can, see it in IMAX - the sound, especially in the opening sequence, is amazing.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 22:47   #4868
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Dunkirk 9/10.

If you can, see it in IMAX - the sound, especially in the opening sequence, is amazing.
Agreed. I saw it in 15/70mm IMAX at the BFI and it was amazing, so amazing I booked to go again next week. The water sweeps under you.

You're right about the sound too, the opening scene shocks you and then it's unrelenting until the end.
Old 28-07-2017, 23:08   #4869
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Guardians of the Galaxy - 8/10 , it's very silly, but exciting, and made us laugh, perfect switch of brain and enjoy for a Friday night
Old 28-07-2017, 23:14   #4870
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

First or second one?
Old 28-07-2017, 23:45   #4871
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

The Mechanic 1 & 2 - good films if you like that kind of action film. 7/10.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2017, 00:37   #4872
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Spider-Man homecoming.

It was ok I guess but nothing special.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2017, 08:09   #4873
admars
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
First or second one?
First one, we didn't get round to seeing it at cinema, then I recorded it when it on BBC, probably when 2nd was about to be cinema. 2nd one comes out to buy in Sep, prob get round to that when it's on BBC in another 3 years, when the 3rd film comes out at cinema
Old 29-07-2017, 17:00   #4874
General Maximus
Ran Away

if you really enjoy them you really need to make a point of seeing them at the cinema. Don't wait till the second one comes out on tv because it will be too late. Avengers: Infinity Wars is coming out next year and the Guardians of the Galaxy are in it. You need to watch the second one so you can go and see Infinity Wars at the cinema, it is going to be amazing. If you haven't done so already, you to need the watch Iron Man films, Captain Americas, Thors and Avengers' (preferably in the order the were released).
Old 29-07-2017, 18:26   #4875
admars
cf.mega poster

sadly don't have the time or money to go to the cinema like we used to