Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Can I just cut the cable?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

VM Coax & Box

Old 03-04-2011, 22:00   #1
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
VM Coax & Box

I have a Virgin phone line and broadband (business service), but not the TV service.

I am about to lift a wooden floor in the living room and at the same time plan to run in some speaker points and network sockets. Does anyone know where I can get a length of coax that Virgin would use from the Omnibox to the internal wall outlet and ideally a wall outlet so that I could run these in while the floor is up? In the future I like the idea of TIVO so woudl like to run in the cable while the room is being worked on.

I am assuming if I use the correct grade cable an installation engineer would be willing to use this.

Sorry meant to post in installations... if a Mod is around could this be moved please?
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2011, 22:39   #2
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Re: VM Coax & Box

rg6, it's quite common some place's will call it "satelite cable"

Old Age And Treachery Will Defeat Youth and Enthusiasm Everytime.
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 22:06   #3
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

great thanks - is the internal VM wall plate available anywhere?
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 20:21   #4
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal

google f connector wall plate, I think that should cover any type you like the look of

Old Age And Treachery Will Defeat Youth and Enthusiasm Everytime.
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:52   #5
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

sometimes the VM branded boxes appear on ebay for cheap, otherwise if your getting an engineer out then just ask them to leave you (or fit) one.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote