Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Google Android

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Google Android

Old 21-10-2011, 19:48   #151
Jameseh

Re: Google Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnwalker View Post
I'm hoping once the Galaxy Nexus is released that Google won't be too much longer releasing ICS for the Nexus S as apparently it's been confirmed that it definitely will be coming to that phone (which happens to be my current device )
The Nexus S will get ICS without a doubt, it'll very likely be the first device to be updated to it.
Advertisement
Old 21-10-2011, 19:51   #152
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Hopefully it will go on nexus one , I still love it
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 19:51   #153
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

I'm hoping the Defy + will get it (it should do, as it came with Gingerbread from new)
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 20:15   #154
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/10...ream-sandwich/

just spotted this...my nexus one might not get it
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 10:14   #155
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

It seems Android apps are really improving , I've just downloaded the update to the Sky+ android app and it's now equally as good as the iOS version and identical in looks

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile...ounced-1041707
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 10:44   #156
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Android 4.0 (ICS Ice Cream Sandwich) has been released to developers so we should start seeing ROM's for phones & tablets released quite soon (Jan I reckon)
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 10:44   #157
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Android 4.0 (ICS Ice Cream Sandwich) has been released to developers so we should start seeing ROM's for phones & tablets released quite soon (Jan I reckon)
Or earlier

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...g-galaxy-s-ii/
Old 19-11-2011, 18:05   #158
alferret
cf.mega poster

alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

I was running EXTRAordinary_5.1_ICS_SGS2 ROM on my old Galaxy S phone for a couple of weeks inc the shown software buttons which were working.
Themed ROM. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1136449
Old 19-11-2011, 18:33   #159
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I've been looking at a HTC Sensation when my contracts up in the new year how upgradable would that be ie Would it get this update to the latest version of Android ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 19:07   #160
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Apparently so

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/htc-...sire-50005958/
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 19:14   #161
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I've been looking at a HTC Sensation when my contracts up in the new year how upgradable would that be ie Would it get this update to the latest version of Android ?
HTC has announced that the Sensation WILL be getting ICS, you can also officially unlock the Sensations bootloader too now which means you can use custom roms.

http://www.t3.com/news/htc-sensation...date-confirmed

http://htcdev.com/bootloader

Techguyone beat me to it!
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 21:28   #162
alferret
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
you can also officially unlock the Sensations bootloader too now which means you can use custom roms.
http://htcdev.com/bootloader
Good news for HTC phones, official unlock will mean many folks taking advantage of custom ROM's.

I was looking at the Sensation as 1 of 2 phones when I recently upgraded but chose the SGSII for ease of customisation.
Old 19-11-2011, 23:25   #163
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I chose the Sensation as it felt smaller and better in my hands.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011, 19:19   #164
Tuftus

Well i have a dilemma...

I have an early upgrade opportunity that comes online next Sunday. I guess development has gone as far as the hardware in the Nexus One will allow at 2.3.7 however ebay values on the N1 are still high.

Would it make better sense to upgrade to maybe the SGS2 no on sim free and ignore the early upgrade, hoping that there will be something better in June next year for the 'free' upgrade and then flog the SGS2?

6 months of no meaningfull updates makes me a sad panda
Old 20-11-2011, 20:25   #165
alferret
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I chose the Sensation as it felt smaller and better in my hands.
Yea, the SGS2 is a large phone, feels a lot bigger than the SGS even though its size isnt much bigger.