Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | After 13 years with Virgin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

After 13 years with Virgin

Old 04-05-2012, 22:12   #1
Nor
Inactive

Nor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to behold
After 13 years with Virgin

I've taken the plunge and cancelled. I actually think Virgin is great, but £105 a month for my package and I don't even have Sky movies or Sports in HD, and haven't made a phonecall in a year. Just too expensive.

Time to move on.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2012, 22:14   #2
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: After 13 years with Virgin

Well at least you gave them a call and asked them if there might be some deal available to reduce your monthly amount; right? I mean; who wouldn't?
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 22:34   #3
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Well at least you gave them a call and asked them if there might be some deal available to reduce your monthly amount; right? I mean; who wouldn't?
That would have formed part of the call by default, they do not just say thank you and goodbye.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 22:35   #4
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor View Post
I've taken the plunge and cancelled. I actually think Virgin is great, but £105 a month for my package and I don't even have Sky movies or Sports in HD, and haven't made a phonecall in a year. Just too expensive.

Time to move on.
For £105 a month mate you should have Sky Sports and the Movies, thats what i pay and im on the VIP package with 4 boxes, i'd be asking questions if i was you.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 23:19   #5
mikcoles
Inactive

Services: VirginMedia Premier collection.
mikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nice

Quote:

Time to move on.
I would try ringing, I am long term customer who had a call from them tonight offering me the VIP Collection for 103 .90. This is 100mb broadband and includes Sky sports and Movies and Talk unlimited.
mikcoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 00:00   #6
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

Time to move on.
That price seems wrong on so many levels ?

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 00:02   #7
Nor
Inactive

Nor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to behold

Hi lads; I did ring to cancel. The lady was very nice, explained that I should reduce my packages etc to save money etc. She was very nice, persistent, but I think I am kinda finished.

I genuinely do like Virgin, 13 years+ so far, but it's just too expensive. I am planning to go to BT Vision. I know it's not going to be as good, but it will be half the price, albeit for a poorer service.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 00:07   #8
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
explained that I should reduce my packages etc to save money etc.
I'd try again because, as some have explained already, there should be more they can do.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:28   #9
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Get back on the phone to them and press the button that they tell you to press if you're thinking of leaving, and ask for a better deal. Don't just give up your services without a fight. Especially if you are happy with the service you get.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:22   #10
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Nor,

I would advise as per the other posters to ring and speak to retentions on the 'thinking of leaving us option' and tell them exactly what services you want and roughly what you are willing to pay.

I've been a little peeved lately with the recent price increase and little to show for it in terms of new channels, etc, but have always been happy with VM's services. As I'm recently out of contract I rang up just the other day, advised them I didn't particularly wish to leave but told them what I wanted and the comparable offer with Sky. They worked out the best price they could offer me for my requirements and I was content to accept and renew my contract for 12 months.

I am pretty sure they would be willing to keep you as a customer too. You don't mention what services you have but if you currently pay £105, you could switch to the new VIP Collection for £103.90 and pretty much get everything they have to offer including your Sky HD channels - http://store.virginmedia.com/bundles/vip.html

Hope this helps and good luck getting a better deal.
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:11   #11
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I can't imagine where they get £105 from, but if I'm reading the op correctly, he doesn't want to increase his services, but reduce his bill. Assuming that the current cost includes some heavy call charges not included in his packages, the vip deal will probably increase his bill and give him channels he's not bothered about.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:29   #12
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I can't imagine where they get £105 from, but if I'm reading the op correctly, he doesn't want to increase his services, but reduce his bill. Assuming that the current cost includes some heavy call charges not included in his packages, the vip deal will probably increase his bill and give him channels he's not bothered about.
Suspect they are one of those who have never bothered to review their package so are paying the top rates for everything.

However, without knowing exactly what they have (only they do not get Sky Sports & Movies) it is hared to say where & why they are paying over the top.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:36   #13
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Phone up and haggle. You wouldn't think of doing anything else if it was a car insurance quote. If you don't haggle, you don't get!
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:09   #14
TbGbe
Inactive

Services: Phone M, 10Mb, TV XL (V+)
TbGbe is on a distinguished roadTbGbe is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Time to move on.
Reading this again (and looking at his old posts... )

He has
50Mb BB
TiVo (with Sky Movies and Sports - but only in SD) - guess TV XL
Phone M {guess as he says no calls}

So using Premiere Collection and Bundle builder for SKY M&Sp comes to 88.40

So just guessing - add extra TV (say Adult collection) comes to 105.40 per month. So the cost (for package *could* be OK).

So only money saving by "losing" some TV add-ons (or whatever it is that bumps the cost above 88.40)??
TbGbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 13:18   #15
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I don't understand, your going to bt vision, that's like comparing apples to pears? If so why not downgrade virgin to m+ tv with TiVo?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote