Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | cheap wii remotes from China etc

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems

cheap wii remotes from China etc

Old 30-12-2009, 13:38   #1
tvout
Inactive

Services: VM L Broadband (10MB) XL TV V+ HD Box Off peak caller phone HTC Wildfire on T-Mobile UK Freeview
tvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enough
cheap wii remotes from China etc

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone could advise on the cheap Wii remotes available on ebay etc from China and Hong Kong. They look really tempting at like prices of only a few quid.
Has anyone tried one or know anything about them? Are they the same technology just without the Nintendo branding? Do they work as well or complete junk?

I know that many people are purists and would only buy true branded stuff but was curious to know if the cheap alternatives are any good...
tvout is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-12-2009, 13:40   #2
Woolly One
Inactive

Services: 20mb bb - XL TV
Woolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of Quads
Re: cheap wii remotes from China etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvout View Post
I wondered if anyone could advise on the cheap Wii remotes available on ebay etc from China and Hong Kong. They look really tempting at like prices of only a few quid.
TBH - I think it's a case of 'buyer beware'. I had a quick look on T'Bay and can see what you mean about the prices. whilst all the pictures look legit, it's amazing what counterfeiters can do. The best option is to look at the sellers feedback on same/similar items to see if their goods work.

One thing I noticed on several of the descriptions was that the controllers were - Region Free - I wasn't aware that Wii Remotes were tied to a region!?! Can anyone help on this?

Hope that this is of some help.

p.s. - If you do get a good seller let us know
Woolly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 19:33   #3
TuesdayWildchild
Inactive

Location: started life in Kent moved to Lincolnshire then Bedfordshire back to Lincs next who knows.
Services: Virgin phone,tv,internet, 2 virgin moblies. Freeview, Wii,Sky freeview,moblie satalite system.
TuesdayWildchild is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a third paty remote when buying the system in the UK. Its not as good as the Wii one that comes with the console.
TuesdayWildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 21:56   #4
tvout
Inactive

Services: VM L Broadband (10MB) XL TV V+ HD Box Off peak caller phone HTC Wildfire on T-Mobile UK Freeview
tvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enough

Hi TuesdayWildchild, like the sig by the way - it's similar to my story, started in Kent then London, Bristol, Hertfordshire, Essex and now West Midlands. I don't think I'd move abroad though!

I may need to get another Wii remote as one doesn't seem to work very well any more. It doesn't seem to like rechargeable batteries or battery packs which work fine in the other one. The blue leds at the bottom come up very dim for some reason and even though it shows full battery on the Home screen it plays up loads...
tvout is offline   Reply With Quote