Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | More price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

More price rises

Old 28-08-2016, 12:11   #121
yorkshireborn
Inactive

Services: SkyQ silver 2TB SkyQ mini multiroom Boxset skysports HD skymovies HD Virgin vivid 350meg
yorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about them
Re: More price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
I'm thinking of dropping the landline and just having the XL tv and BB.
you wont save owt doing that the landline is basically the reason you get the bundle cheaper its your discount and their free money.

you will find dropping the line your price might go up.
yorkshireborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-08-2016, 19:55   #122
Dave_Gosport
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD TV, Box Sets with Sky Cinema & Sports HD, Sky Broadband Unlimited and Sky Talk Anytime Extra
Dave_Gosport is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the email today of a £3.49 price increase. So I phoned Virgin to cancel everything and I'm off to Sky with the Money Saving Expert offer!

Getting it installed on the 17th October.
Dave_Gosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 10:41   #123
yorkshireborn
Inactive

Services: SkyQ silver 2TB SkyQ mini multiroom Boxset skysports HD skymovies HD Virgin vivid 350meg
yorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about them

we cancelled just kept the internet we was never offered a deal of any kind as soon as I said were moving tv to sky he moved straight to say give me one min while I do the keyboard tapping all done a dusted in 5 mins.
Old 30-08-2016, 11:30   #124
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Sounds like a smart move. No point in wasting time trying to bribe people away from a loss-making deal from Sky. They'll just keep asking for discounts and continue to be unprofitable. Better to let the competition lose a few pounds on them.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 12:48   #125
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

I haven't got letter yet or email surname starts with a B so is it region by region? West Yorkshire here

My mother, mother in law and sister in law haven't got anything yet either
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 13:14   #126
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Same area here West Yorkshire, surname begins Y.
E mail received over weekend.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 13:43   #127
yorkshireborn
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZMANUK View Post
I haven't got letter yet or email surname starts with a B so is it region by region? West Yorkshire here

My mother, mother in law and sister in law haven't got anything yet either
you don't have to wait for the letter before you cancel

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Sounds like a smart move. No point in wasting time trying to bribe people away from a loss-making deal from Sky. They'll just keep asking for discounts and continue to be unprofitable. Better to let the competition lose a few pounds on them.
Sky maybe losing a few pounds but Virgin are losing a hell of a lot more.
After my 12 months are up theres a good chance Virgin may have a good deal for new customers then I might return.
Old 30-08-2016, 13:54   #128
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
In the short term thats probably true, but its not good for your long term business if all your customers move away, and tempting them back will cost.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 14:04   #129
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

My landline was disconnected over the weekend but I'm only 10 days into my 30 days cancellation notice. when I called to enquire about this virgin said Sky had requested it and then we got chatting about why I left virgin.

anyway, they offered me the VIP package for 92 a month (74 + line rental) ... with Sky it would cost me 78 a month for same package + 76mb broadband, so I figured for an extra 14 a month 200mbit is worth staying for.... so I've cancelled my move to sky and staying with virgin... for now
lonespeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 14:46   #130
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
Sky maybe losing a few pounds but Virgin are losing a hell of a lot more.
After my 12 months are up theres a good chance Virgin may have a good deal for new customers then I might return.
Not really. If it costs VM more to supply you than they would be receiving from you if they matched the Sky deal they're losing less than if you just leave.

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
In the short term thats probably true, but its not good for your long term business if all your customers move away, and tempting them back will cost.
I suspect a part of it is the bet that Project Lightning will offset it, which it seems to be.

Speaking with people many are saying that broadband needs to get more expensive in order to keep up with customers' demands. VM don't make very much from TV as far as I know. Telephony is due a transition in the not too distant.

Besides the most expensive part of acquiring the customer, building the network then the drop to their home, is done. Intro deals and providing CPE as a loan are a different matter.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 15:10   #131
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

Still no notification yet. Sky ought to do a TV advert to tell VM customers that they can cancel due to VM price increase.
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 15:49   #132
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

I pay £72.98 all xl and extra box discounts applied after the new quote it will be £79.72 with new £3.49 cost and so called discounts carried over.

I dont think so as calling back another chap said only one discount will be carried over not 2.

I asked how much to downgrade to L tv and loose a tivo box £74.73 to downgrade xl phone to talk evening and weekends £71.73 and from 200 meg to 100 meg £66.73

Would leave me with 1 box, large tv, 100meg bb, talk evening and weekends line rental £66.73

At a loss now unsure what to do.

I definitely want to keep the broadband but £45.25 just for 200, 100 costs £37.25

Only option im looking at is 100 meg bb and tv with sky loose landline all together.

Sky pack £20.40

Any advice as having internet with sky etc is not an option
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 19:57   #133
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

.... wait to see what the rest of the price rises/bundle changes this week will be before deciding.

But you can't really "lose" the landline. As I was saying here the other day, it's just too expensive taking one service from one supplier and a different service from another supplier. That's why they all bundle.

I'm waiting for the price rises this week and the new tivo prices (October launch according to another thread) and then make a decision.

But one option for you, could be bb with virgin, freeview tv and now tv with the possibility of adding netflix and/or amazon too. Depends what you want and what you're prepared to pay for it.

Last edited by Horizon; 30-08-2016 at 20:02.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 20:49   #134
tucker61
Inactive

Services: Vivid200, v6, full house tv pack
tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice

I got my email notification today and phoned them. The advisor said that he could not stop the increase, as it is going across everything. But he did increase my broadband from 152 to 200 and reduced my bill by £3.00 for 6 months.

I am happy enough with that, as it give me some time to sort out non Virgin email addresses.

Also in West Yorkshire. Surname begins with a T..

Last edited by tucker61; 30-08-2016 at 20:52.
tucker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 21:39   #135
yorkshireborn
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZMANUK View Post
I pay £72.98 all xl and extra box discounts applied after the new quote it will be £79.72 with new £3.49 cost and so called discounts carried over.

I dont think so as calling back another chap said only one discount will be carried over not 2.

I asked how much to downgrade to L tv and loose a tivo box £74.73 to downgrade xl phone to talk evening and weekends £71.73 and from 200 meg to 100 meg £66.73

Would leave me with 1 box, large tv, 100meg bb, talk evening and weekends line rental £66.73

At a loss now unsure what to do.

I definitely want to keep the broadband but £45.25 just for 200, 100 costs £37.25

Only option im looking at is 100 meg bb and tv with sky loose landline all together.

Sky pack £20.40

Any advice as having internet with sky etc is not an option
I booted the the tv and phone line they told me theres a promotion on stand alone internet so I got 200Meg at £39.25 instead of £45.25
the sky offer of box set with movies and sport for £29 I don't need a phone as every one in the house has a mobile.