Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

Old 29-12-2015, 17:02   #856
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

Heh, not quite but near enough. Getting 19.2 atm.

I've never really had poor speeds from steam in recent years, not since the client properly started using the nearest content servers. Their stats make interesting reading too. Click on the UK to see the ISP average speeds: http://store.steampowered.com/stats/content/

Students!
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-12-2015, 00:35   #857
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Sadly that page requires Flash. I don't do Flash but thanks for the information!
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2015, 02:46   #858
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
- surprised they don't add the size of their small manhood's too....
I used to but the service I used for it got overloaded and stopped working BECAUSE IT WAS TOO BIG.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2015, 08:49   #859
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Sadly that page requires Flash. I don't do Flash but thanks for the information!
One of the reasons I like having Chrome side-by-side with Firefox. Chrome for Flash, Firefox for everything else.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2015, 10:27   #860
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

I assume one of the benefits for VM of faster speeds is increased capacity, hence why some users have found it cheaper to upgrade their speeds.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2015, 23:52   #861
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

Been put on 200mb from 152. Currently getting 191mb down on speed test 20-25MB downloads on steam so that is just right
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 14:53   #862
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I think Virgin haven't got a clue about the planned rollout schedule, most people are meant to be upgraded before the end of 2015, this is clearly not happening judging by the spread of complaints about this on this forum alone.

My upgrade as of last week was meant to be between April and June 2016 but i have now just checked and i can activate it now if i wish.
Old 03-01-2016, 16:21   #863
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Just checked mine hoping for the same but no luck. It went from end of November 2015, to Jan-March 2016, April to June 2016 and now it says by end of Feb. Do you think they did a lucky dip for Christmas and pulled a month out of a hat?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 16:48   #864
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Just checked mine hoping for the same but no luck. It went from end of November 2015, to Jan-March 2016, April to June 2016 and now it says by end of Feb. Do you think they did a lucky dip for Christmas and pulled a month out of a hat?
It'll be whatever to keep you hanging on and paying each month. They promised the vast majority would be done before the end of 2015, so you and all the others must be isolated cases ; )
Ask them if they'll postpone your price increase until they give you your 'free' upgrade.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:19   #865
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Manually rebooted this morning still no update then 10mins later it rebooted itself now on 150, i will now consider downgrading eventually to save money.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:29   #866
David-T-Rex
Inactive

David-T-Rex is on a distinguished roadDavid-T-Rex is on a distinguished road

Just had my SH2 delivered today - Upgrade earlier than the original date
Getting over the full speed down and over the full speed up. Very happy.
I am on the 200 Mb/s as I work a lot from home and need decent upload speeds to the work server
David-T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:48   #867
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

My Sam Knows December average download is 191Mb so not too bad (low is now 47Mb, high is 210Mb) - my low used to be in the single digit area. Lowest speed also coincides with largest packet loss so could have had service issue at that point.
Old 25-01-2016, 20:21   #868
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

https://www.virginmedia.ie/broadband...ile-world.html

https://www.virginmedia.ie/broadband...nd-speed-test/

360Mb down, 36Mb up in Ireland. Sweet.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 20:38   #869
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation

Are you kidding me, the gap grows even wider... About time VM UK pulled their finger out.
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 20:43   #870
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
wtf! For €30!!!!!
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote