Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Speed availability in area

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Speed availability in area

Old 02-05-2017, 22:43   #1
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Speed availability in area

I wonder if anyone from VM could comment here.... My area has recently been upgraded from 12 to 16 downstream channels. As a Virgin Media Business customer if I select my own address on the VMB checker it still quotes max of 200 Mb/s available yet a few doors down 350 MB/s is available, and then goes back to 200 Mb/s again, yet there is only one VM cabinet close by, which is the smaller type ie distribution point not main node so I would expect all properties serviced from it to have the same services available. Therefore I wonder if the database is not yet correct.

Prior to the recent upgrade work the same addresses all showed 200 Mb/s
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2017, 23:09   #2
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Speed availability in area

I wouldn't assume that all the addresses you're checking are fed from the same green box, there's possibly other boxes about (including underground ones) you might not be aware of.

All you can do is phone up and see what they can offer you. All the forum posters in the world telling you what you can and can't get isn't going to make a difference if you can't order it.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 23:11   #3
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Speed availability in area

Understood, however often VM people post here who might be able to check
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote