Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 16-03-2017, 18:06   #811
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Not at all, Sky doesn't even own the satellites, they use space on the SES Astra fleet. BT, however, is another matter, originally being publicly owned as a part of the GPO.

Indeed.

As mentioned previously, the concern with the Sky takeover is the Murdoch empire's control of and influence over the media. Bearing in mind the reasons for the fate of the Murdoch controlled newspaper "News of The World", the concerns are well founded.
Oh i remember that News of the world scandal yeah it is a bit of a concern with murdoch tbf.
Advertisement
Old 16-03-2017, 18:45   #812
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
You're meaning, I think, that you reckon Sky News will be converted into "fair and balanced" "news".

I hope NOT.

By all means have Fox News on VM, I'd welcome that, but Sky News shouldn't be changed into Fox News UK.
I agree and think it's unlikely, certainly in the short term. However, News Corporation pledged safeguards for the autonomy of Sky News in the event of a successful takeover. I don't recall seeing anything of the sort from 21st Century Fox.
Old 17-03-2017, 08:41   #813
Jacquesb
cf.addict

Services: VM phone , 2xV6 (Full house XL), ViViD200 Optical fibre BB. Stream - Netflix, iPlayer,
Jacquesb is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
I agree and think it's unlikely, certainly in the short term. However, News Corporation pledged safeguards for the autonomy of Sky News in the event of a successful takeover. I don't recall seeing anything of the sort from 21st Century Fox.
I would not think that any safeguards offered by Murdoch would be worth the paper they were (n't) written on. Sky/Murdoch/News Corp are far too powerful already & need to be stopped.
Old 17-03-2017, 08:48   #814
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
No info yet mate.
It is disappointing that VM haven't pursued Wurl TV yet - this would be a further indication that it was taking its TV content deficiencies more seriously.

Surely, for VM this should be a no brainer. There are no affiliate fees or upfront costs for cable operators to carry any channels offered through the Wurl Network, and these channels are not currently available on Sky.

Wurl’s TV Channel Line-Up looks like this:

Streaming News Network – 24-hour news covering domestic and international news, politics, sports, entertainment, business and tech. Streaming News Network brings together content from many of the world’s top digital news producers.

The Sports Feed – Wurl’s 24-hour sports news, covering teams, players and scores in all major sports from around the world.

The Alt Channel – Millennial-targeted programming covering a wide range of topics and interests from leading digital media producers.

Baeble Music TV –The inside scoop on bands, artists and music. Exclusive Concerts, Sessions and Interviews give you a front row seat to some of the best music and bands of today. Mumford & Sons, Bloc Party, Chvrches and hundreds more.

Popcornflix – a 24-hour movie channel, produced in partnership with Screen Media, the largest independent distributor of motion pictures to the TV industry. Popcornflix features popular movies for all age groups, from major studios and independent producers, covering all genres including family, kids, comedy, horror and documentary.
Old 17-03-2017, 11:04   #815
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Last time I looked the Murdoch's were pretty much pulling the strings at Sky now.
Old 17-03-2017, 13:09   #816
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It is disappointing that VM haven't pursued Wurl TV yet - this would be a further indication that it was taking its TV content deficiencies more seriously.

Surely, for VM this should be a no brainer. There are no affiliate fees or upfront costs for cable operators to carry any channels offered through the Wurl Network, and these channels are not currently available on Sky.

Wurl’s TV Channel Line-Up looks like this:

Streaming News Network – 24-hour news covering domestic and international news, politics, sports, entertainment, business and tech. Streaming News Network brings together content from many of the world’s top digital news producers.

The Sports Feed – Wurl’s 24-hour sports news, covering teams, players and scores in all major sports from around the world.

The Alt Channel – Millennial-targeted programming covering a wide range of topics and interests from leading digital media producers.

Baeble Music TV –The inside scoop on bands, artists and music. Exclusive Concerts, Sessions and Interviews give you a front row seat to some of the best music and bands of today. Mumford & Sons, Bloc Party, Chvrches and hundreds more.

Popcornflix – a 24-hour movie channel, produced in partnership with Screen Media, the largest independent distributor of motion pictures to the TV industry. Popcornflix features popular movies for all age groups, from major studios and independent producers, covering all genres including family, kids, comedy, horror and documentary.
This would indeed be a good addition to vms line up, the only tv service i've heard coming to vm v6 boxes only was pluto tv but that rumour seems to have gone quiet for now.
Old 17-03-2017, 14:02   #817
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Last time I looked the Murdoch's were pretty much pulling the strings at Sky now.
he have to much power if he get full control of sky
Old 17-03-2017, 14:14   #818
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
he have to much power if he get full control of sky
They pretty much run it as they see fit now. On a purely personal note I couldn't care less whether it's approved or not.
Old 17-03-2017, 14:16   #819
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
They pretty much run it as they see fit now. On a purely personal note I couldn't care less whether it's approved or not.
What not on your regular commission anymore MM.
Old 17-03-2017, 14:23   #820
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
What not on your regular commission anymore MM.
Put it one way if I was I'd be behind yours from Virgin by a good few million.
Old 17-03-2017, 14:32   #821
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Put it one way if I was I'd be behind yours from Virgin by a good few million.
Good grief there might be a job at the sensationalist Daily Mail for you yet with such wild claims.
Old 17-03-2017, 14:33   #822
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Agreed.
Old 17-03-2017, 16:26   #823
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Good grief there might be a job at the sensationalist Daily Mail for you yet with such wild claims.
These days, I think it's better trying the London Evening Standard.
Old 17-03-2017, 19:29   #824
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I agree - like him or loathe him, Rupert should be allowed to have control of the company he founded.

He deserves credit for transforming the TV industry in this country - without him, I dare say we would have been a five channel country for at least another decade.

If you feel strongly about it one way or the other you have a small window of opportunity to express your love or hate for the man: 30 March.

However, as the result is a foregone conclusion, I wouldn't waste my time if I were you.

Now, what's coming soon to Virgin Media TV? Any more Virgin exclusives, anyone?....

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/67481...for-sky-probe/
Old 18-03-2017, 00:09   #825
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

........ changing the subject but just to note I think we have a first this weekend.

3 premier League games are being shown via the XL/Full house pack this weekend. 2 on BT and 1 on Mix.

With the 42 BT games and Mix having shown 5 games so far and 3 more confirmed to come (and maybe more in May) that's a minimum of 50 this season via XL.
Closed Thread