Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 21-06-2017, 05:15   #1621
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I don't see Sky or BT giving way anytime soon.
Not a hope I'm hell as you say MM.
Old 21-06-2017, 10:42   #1622
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
UHD material is currently available on Netflix and Youtube. The amount of UHD content will increase over time.
So it's either third party content via YouTube or £8.99 for Netflix uhd. But virgin didn't do anything
Old 21-06-2017, 11:39   #1623
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
So it's either third party content via YouTube or £8.99 for Netflix uhd. But virgin didn't do anything
Virgin are not content providers, so I am afraid you will have to wait until carriage deals can be agreed.

Hopefully, however, we will start to see on demand stuff being commissioned before long. I can't see any UHD channels being launched on VM at all this year, I'm afraid, although they must be able to do deals with providers other than Sky and BT. To date, they have not shown any indication of doing so.

This would be good for starters:

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/64880...hinese-launch/

The Liberty Global deal with All3Media may produce the first on demand UHD content for us, I suspect, but hopefully, VM/Liberty Global will have their fingers in many other pies:

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/62644...t-investments/

Last edited by OLD BOY; 21-06-2017 at 11:59.
Old 21-06-2017, 12:17   #1624
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Base on information MB HQ has seen UKTV's W is broadcasting on Virgin Ireland Channels 160 and 512.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 21-06-2017, 12:46   #1625
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

With the exception of Live Sport UHD will be predominantly On Demand.

Sky already makes it's original shows it commissions in UHD available in this way.
Old 21-06-2017, 13:11   #1626
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
With the exception of Live Sport UHD will be predominantly On Demand.

Sky already makes it's original shows it commissions in UHD available in this way.
I am a little bit jealous Sky customers have shows like the Blacklist etc in their on-demand UHD section.

I was hoping Virgin would start their UHD offerings with this kind of content. I don't know much about whether this would still demand a high carriage price (from Sky) or even if Virgin are interested.

Last edited by Ultimate.Conj; 21-06-2017 at 14:00.
Old 21-06-2017, 13:53   #1627
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
I am a little bit jealous Sky customers have shows like the Blacklist etc in their on-demand UHD section.

I was hoping Virgin would start their UHD offerings with this kind of content. I don't know much about whether this would still demand a high carriage price though or even if Virgin are interested.
The problem is, this programme is on Sky Living and so until VM negotiates a new contract with Sky, I guess the only programmes we will see in UHD are those that Virgin negotiates directly with the studios or other content providers.
Old 21-06-2017, 13:59   #1628
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The problem is, this programme is on Sky Living and so until VM negotiates a new contract with Sky, I guess the only programmes we will see in UHD are those that Virgin negotiates directly with the studios or other content providers.
Sorry I left out Sky's name in my post. You are right, until a deal is agreed with Sky we won't see it. Which is a shame because it is a good show.
Old 21-06-2017, 17:33   #1629
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Virgin are not content providers, so I am afraid you will have to wait until carriage deals can be agreed.

Hopefully, however, we will start to see on demand stuff being commissioned before long. I can't see any UHD channels being launched on VM at all this year, I'm afraid, although they must be able to do deals with providers other than Sky and BT. To date, they have not shown any indication of doing so.

This would be good for starters:

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/64880...hinese-launch/

The Liberty Global deal with All3Media may produce the first on demand UHD content for us, I suspect, but hopefully, VM/Liberty Global will have their fingers in many other pies:

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/62644...t-investments/
I thought that VM were changing their strategy and were to start obtaining their own content again. Has this not come to fruition?
Old 21-06-2017, 17:40   #1630
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I thought that VM were changing their strategy and were to start obtaining their own content again. Has this not come to fruition?
The only thing VM obtain are price rises with very little in return.
Old 21-06-2017, 17:55   #1631
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It's still their new strategy, I think, as you can see with the Virgin on demand exclusives. However, these are few and far between.

Hopefully, they are out there doing deals as we speak, but it does seem to be taking a long time. Maybe they are preparing for a big splurge of new stuff come the autumn season, but that's my hope, not a prediction or statement of fact!
Old 21-06-2017, 19:57   #1632
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Totally agree but when was last price rise
Old 21-06-2017, 19:59   #1633
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
That is a bit OTT.
Old 21-06-2017, 20:09   #1634
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Totally agree but when was last price rise
November, almost 8 months ago.
Old 21-06-2017, 20:17   #1635
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Virgin Media reacts to Sky Asia Pack changes

https://www.bizasialive.com/virgin-m...-pack-changes/
looks like VM aren't going to do anything to compete, probably because they already put much of their Asian channels into the normal packs anyway.

What caught my eye was the comment from the VM spokesman "we are in talks with a number of TV channel owners to add even more content to our platform.".

Wonder if this means in general or for more Asian stuff?? Hopefully it's the former as opposed to the latter.
Closed Thread