Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Catch Up - missing programmes

Old 27-12-2017, 19:49   #1
murfitUK
cf.addict

murfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to all
Catch Up - missing programmes

I am missing lots of programmes from catch-up and wonder if anyone else has a problem. The ones I am particularly keen to watch are

Feud: Bette and Joan (episodes 3 and 4 broadcast BBC2 Saturday 23/12/17)
and
Doctor Who (BBC1 Christmas Day)

There are too many to list on other channels like Universal, Alibi and Fox. Not too worried about these as often they are available for weeks after, but the BBC ones are only up for 7 days.
murfitUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-12-2017, 20:38   #2
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Catch Up - missing programmes

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfitUK View Post
I am missing lots of programmes from catch-up and wonder if anyone else has a problem. The ones I am particularly keen to watch are

Feud: Bette and Joan (episodes 3 and 4 broadcast BBC2 Saturday 23/12/17)
and
Doctor Who (BBC1 Christmas Day)

There are too many to list on other channels like Universal, Alibi and Fox. Not too worried about these as often they are available for weeks after, but the BBC ones are only up for 7 days.
The BBC iPlayer currently has all 8 episodes of Bette and Joan on it.

On my Catch-Up service, episodes 1-4 are displayed.

Try re-booting your box, and if that doesn't work, go to 'Apps & Games' on your menu and select the BBC i-Player. I am assuming you either have a Tivo or V6 box. If not, your version of the iPlayer may not have all 8 episodes on it.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 22:06   #3
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

I'd put money on the OP having a legacy box & not having access to the BBC's app. The same thing happened last year when it took several days to upload the backlog of material onto VM's OD servers.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2017, 00:25   #4
murfitUK
cf.addict

murfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to all

I've got an old box - think it is called just V but might be V HD. I have check the BBC i-player and these eps are not on it. The BBC used to be best on catch-up but now hardly any of their progs show.

I find catch-up to be so unreliable now that it is not worth having.

Does anyone know if these particular programmes will be added to catch up before the week is out or do I have to contact support myself?
Old 28-12-2017, 10:10   #5
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I've got an old box - think it is called just V but might be V HD. I have check the BBC i-player and these eps are not on it. The BBC used to be best on catch-up but now hardly any of their progs show.

I find catch-up to be so unreliable now that it is not worth having.

Does anyone know if these particular programmes will be added to catch up before the week is out or do I have to contact support myself?
It is worth getting in touch with Customer Services, but I would really advise you to get a new V6 box. You might be able to get a good deal, particularly if you haven't updated your package for a while.
Old 28-12-2017, 10:13   #6
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

There is already an open fault ticket for Doctor Who. I've just raised one for Feud: Bette and Joan.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2017, 10:51   #7
murfitUK
cf.addict

Thanks spider.

No BBC progs at all on catch-up from 11am yesterday (Wednesday).

I haven't updated package for years - maybe I should give it a try. I still miss my old Nynex box, at least I could record from it onto vhs then I'd only worry about missing a prog if the tape got chewed up. [Not joking. Have had cable since Nynex, then it became ntl before VM.]
Old 28-12-2017, 11:27   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
That one's already logged as well.

Quote:
I still miss my old Nynex box, at least I could record from it onto vhs
Can't you record from your current box onto VHS?
Old 28-12-2017, 13:15   #9
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Thanks spider.

I haven't updated package for years - maybe I should give it a try. I still miss my old Nynex box, at least I could record from it onto vhs then I'd only worry about missing a prog if the tape got chewed up. [Not joking. Have had cable since Nynex, then it became ntl before VM.]
I think you will find it far easier to record on a V6! I hated those VHS tapes!
Old 29-12-2017, 20:52   #10
murfitUK
cf.addict

I've been on the phone to faults and after running some tests they have found no problems. She kept asking me what error message came up when I tried to watch a catch-up programme. It took ages to explain that I couldn't select a prog because there was nothing there. Anyway she says she will escalate it to the network team and it may take up to 15 days to resolve.

No BBC, Channel 4 or Channel 5 progs on catch-up since Tuesday.

I'll wait til the new year and then enquire about a new V+ or tivo box. Don't really want to pay any more than I do now but it might solve some problems.
Old 29-12-2017, 21:22   #11
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
I've been on the phone to faults and after running some tests they have found no problems. She kept asking me what error message came up when I tried to watch a catch-up programme. It took ages to explain that I couldn't select a prog because there was nothing there. Anyway she says she will escalate it to the network team and it may take up to 15 days to resolve.

I'll wait til the new year and then enquire about a new V+ or tivo box. Don't really want to pay any more than I do now but it might solve some problems.
I don’t think you will get a V+ box now. However, the V6 is your best bet. The Tivos are too slow these days.
Old 29-12-2017, 23:21   #12
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:

The fault is now reported to be fixed, but it'll take a while for all the missing programmes to be uploaded to all the regions.

Doctor Who was affected by a different fault and may not be fixed yet.
Old 30-12-2017, 10:55   #13
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Last night, I recorded the championship rugby Doncaster v Yorkshire Carnegie on Sky Sports Action HD - or at least I should have.

The recording happened, but was not the live match as expected.

I tried going back in the EPG, saw it was on again earlier this morning but was unable to watch it - only set a series link.

The match was played, might well have been a cracker judging by the result.

Anyone have:

1) any idea why my recording was not as expected?

2) why I cannot watch it via catch-up?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 12:02   #14
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Last night, I recorded the championship rugby Doncaster v Yorkshire Carnegie on Sky Sports Action HD - or at least I should have.

The recording happened, but was not the live match as expected.

I tried going back in the EPG, saw it was on again earlier this morning but was unable to watch it - only set a series link.

The match was played, might well have been a cracker judging by the result.

Anyone have:

1) any idea why my recording was not as expected?

2) why I cannot watch it via catch-up?
It's on again at the moment
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 14:29   #15
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It's on again at the moment

Thanks for the reply, just read message - obviously too late to watch it.

Checked EPG, as I did this morning, shouldn't have been on - which channel was it on?

Obviously Virgin cannot be bothered to keep the EPG up to date.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote