Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | mastercare or currys coverplan

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

mastercare or currys coverplan

Old 25-08-2004, 12:08   #1
andy 1

mastercare or currys coverplan

has anybody tried getting a credit note out of mastercare for a faulty tv set.
my tv thats 4 years old developed a fault.i rang mastercare through currys coverplan.
two days later an engineer arrived saw the fault said he needed to order some parts and went.
a week later mastercare rang me said they couldn't get the bits and under the terms of the coverplan would issue me with a credit note for the full cost of the set.
here i am two weeks later my set sitting on the floor of a warehouse in sheffield waiting to be taken to newton aycliffe nr darlington,before mastercare will give me a credit note.(the lorry only goes to newton aycliffe twice a week and your tv set missed the lorry)is all i get over the phone.
anybody know how i can hurry mastercare up,its not much fun sat here without a telly.

thanks
andy 1
Advertisement
Old 25-08-2004, 12:13   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: mastercare or currys coverplan

Erm In my opinion those coverplans that they offer aren't worth the paper they are written on. You can always try finding out the contact details to someone high up in Mastercare and email/ phone/ write letters and generally pester them until its resolved.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2004, 12:18   #3
Paul K
Inactive

Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Hmmm just found my second interesting site of the day
http://www.applegate.co.uk/elec/company/co_27055.htm
and if you follow the link given on the page
http://www.mastercare.org.uk/ lol
More information here though
Quote:
How to contact us:

Ask in any Currys store or;

Phone: 0870 600 1550
Fax: 0870 600 1770
E-mail: coverplan@dixons.co.uk

Write to: Currys Coverplan Customer Services
PO Box 1686, Sheffield,
S2 5YB, England

Currys Coverplan is the administrator of the Service Agreement and aims to provide the service in accordance with the terms of the Service Agreement. In the event of a complaint please follow the procedure outlined below:

†¢ Contact Customer Services by one of the means indicated above.
†¢ If you are not satisfied with the outcome please write to the Customer Relations Manager at the address above.

If you have a complaint about the way in which the Service Agreement was sold please contact Currys by one of the means listed above, quoting your reference number.
and if you want mastercares numbers
Mastercare
Old 25-08-2004, 12:19   #4
andy 1

thanks for the reply paul.
anybody out there know anybody high up in mastercare who i can call.
andy
Old 25-08-2004, 12:37   #5
Paul K
Inactive

Could start here
Our head office address is:

Dixons Group plc
Maylands Avenue
Hemel Hempstead
Herts HP2 7TG
Tel: 0870 850 3333
Old 25-08-2004, 13:38   #6
mrm1
Un-Technically Minded

mrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Erm In my opinion those coverplans that they offer aren't worth the paper they are written on.
I wouldnt say that. bought a set two years ago for £199 which developed a fault they could not repair. They gave me a loan set (after I asked) then about 10 days after I had vouchers for £ 280 for a set and £ 70 towards a new cover plan.

Cover plans are only a waste of money if nothing goes wrong, but if it does..................!
mrm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2004, 13:48   #7
Paul K
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm1
I wouldnt say that. bought a set two years ago for £199 which developed a fault they could not repair. They gave me a loan set (after I asked) then about 10 days after I had vouchers for £ 280 for a set and £ 70 towards a new cover plan.

Cover plans are only a waste of money if nothing goes wrong, but if it does..................!
That's your experience of them and I'm glad that you got the result you did. Yours was a fault they couldn't fix though, many people are left waiting because their property is sent for repairs or they have to await a technichian to call.
I've had equipment under a mastercare agreement that spent most of its time in a repair center as they refused to replace it with a new unit Recently we had a fault with the washing machine that they told us would mean a 10 day wait for an engineer as the one in our area was on holiday 2 minutes later I had the back off the washer and had replaced the shod belt that was the fault. It took longer to get Mastercare on the phone than it did to repair the machine.
Old 25-08-2004, 14:19   #8
bob_builder
Inactive

Services: ntl digital basepack ntl 1M broadband
bob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to behold

'NEVER, EVER buy ANYTHING from Curry's or Dixons'

£35,186 not spent at DSG †“ so far

Google pulls anti-Dixons adwords
bob_builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2004, 14:29   #9
zoombini
Inactive

Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
zoombini has reached the bronze age
zoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze age

Hmm, it seems the mastercre blog is no more.
zoombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2004, 15:01   #10
MikeyB
cf.geek

Services: BT FTTP, Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat+
MikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud of
Exclamation Re: mastercare or currys coverplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombini
Hmm, it seems the mastercre blog is no more.
Luckily the Google cache of it still exists
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cac...are+blog&hl=en

What a nightmare of a story, I've had dealings with Mastercare a couple of times in the past, and they've been okay, a little slow at times, but nothing quite like THAT slow.
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 15:46   #11
redhead
Inactive

redhead is an unknown quantity at this point

similar problem with dishwasher. Phoned Feb 10, engineer turned up 10 days later said he couldn't fix it. No reply to letters and no replacement (policy says I am entitled to replacement after 6 weeks). Have now given them 2 weeks to cough up or it's County Court.
redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 18:55   #12
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Another thread from the crypt almost 6 years old.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 19:13   #13
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

I'm certain there is a MUCH more recent thread that could have been resurrected.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 20:19   #14
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
I'm certain there is a MUCH more recent thread that could have been resurrected.
Don't suppose you have a link?
Old 12-07-2010, 20:22   #15
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Don't suppose you have a link?
Here you go http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22...l#post34975125
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote