Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What to expect from your Virgin Media TiVo 15.2 Upgrade

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

What to expect from your Virgin Media TiVo 15.2 Upgrade

Old 25-11-2011, 20:01   #46
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What to expect from your Virgin Media TiVo 15.2 Upgrade

I have the "won't download from Android Market" all the time... trick is, just download it from a browser instead. No need to reset the whole phone, especially since it's usually an intermittent problem!

I think there's a version of CyanogenMod for HTC Desire, might be worth looking into. I have it on my Samsung Galaxy Ace and it really opens up what you can do... SuperUser app allows root permissions, for example.

It is true, TiVo IR remotes are known for being slow to respond. I much prefer using the app or a USB keyboard to get things done quicker, especially since you can get the SD menus by pressing F11.
zekeisaszekedoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-11-2011, 16:42   #47
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this is a result of the upgrade, but still...

POSITIVE CHANGES
  • The homescreen has a handful numeric shortcuts which you can access both by remote and USB keyboard.
    • 1 - Manage My Series Links (SD Menu)
    • 2 - My Planned Recordings (SD Menu)
    • 3 - WishList Search (SD Menu)
    • 4 - Search All TV (HD Menu)
    • 5 - Browse All TV (HD Menu)

Pretty useful for speeding through the menus!
Old 27-11-2011, 17:02   #48
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekeisaszekedoes View Post
Not sure if this is a result of the upgrade, but still...

POSITIVE CHANGES
  • The homescreen has a handful numeric shortcuts which you can access both by remote and USB keyboard.
    • 1 - Manage My Series Links (SD Menu)
    • 2 - My Planned Recordings (SD Menu)
    • 3 - WishList Search (SD Menu)
    • 4 - Search All TV (HD Menu)
    • 5 - Browse All TV (HD Menu)

Pretty useful for speeding through the menus!
They were there previously to 5.2
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 17:27   #49
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

But are handy to know so cheers!
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 19:11   #50
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

I'm watching the same channel as a recording started, I did'nt get the black screen I used to get as the buffer wiped for the new recording.
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 23:34   #51
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

STILL TO FIX/ADD
  • Spotify app.
    • Too basic; lacks even a search function.
    • Long playlists won't load beyond the 300th item.
    • Unstable; some users report frequent crashes.
    • A little on the slow side.
    • USB keyboard support.
    • You need a Spotify account. In order to get a Spotify account, you must have a Facebook account. If you don't have or want a Facebook account (don't look at me like that; not everyone likes social networking, especially not one as intrusive and fast/loose with privacy as Facebook) you're basically screwed.

Granted that last one was more of an author tract, but whatever.
Old 29-11-2011, 00:36   #52
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
You need a Spotify account. In order to get a Spotify account, you must have a Facebook account. If you don't have or want a Facebook account (don't look at me like that; not everyone likes social networking, especially not one as intrusive and fast/loose with privacy as Facebook) you're basically screwed.
We've been over this - No you don't need a Facebook account.

Will I need to be on Facebook or create a Facebook account to register for a Virgin Media Spotify account?

If you’re taking one of our cable Broadband or Virgin Mobile offers, you don’t need to be on Facebook to register.
Old 29-11-2011, 00:54   #53
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Amusingly, My Virgin Media doesn't work right now to take it from the cable broadband side and my mobile tariff isn't eligible, so
Old 30-11-2011, 04:55   #54
jackassuk56
Inactive

jackassuk56 is an unknown quantity at this point

is there any chance you can email me the tivo commander android app file as i cant find it on the market and no matter how hard i search on the internet i cant find it. its as if its been removed. im using a galaxy s 2
jackassuk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 15:23   #55
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Old 30-11-2011, 16:46   #56
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
We've been over this - No you don't need a Facebook account.

Will I need to be on Facebook or create a Facebook account to register for a Virgin Media Spotify account?

If you’re taking one of our cable Broadband or Virgin Mobile offers, you don’t need to be on Facebook to register.
I second that i opened an account through spotify themselves no need for facebook at all.
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 17:09   #57
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
I second that i opened an account through spotify themselves no need for facebook at all.
The weird thing is I had a free Spotify only account, from before the Facebook change, and in the spirit of generosity they've deleted it. Nice message to send to your users, that.
Old 30-11-2011, 23:25   #58
jackassuk56
Inactive

jackassuk56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Thankyou
jackassuk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 00:21   #59
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

When you create a wishlist In the 15.2 update there is now a subcategory after you select the HD category. Is This new ?

Also

You can Thumbs up to add favourite channel in the TV Guide and Mini Guide. You can also press thumbs down to remove a favourite channel

You do not need to go into the menus. Is this new ?

Also you can now set recordings on a 2nd TiVo box
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...ht/true#M33690
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:51   #60
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
Also you can now set recordings on a 2nd TiVo box
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...ht/true#M33690
I think that's because they are using the TiVo Commander app. The proper TV Guide app hasn't been updated to target a specific box yet