Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tivo Update - Can someone post a video of it? ( 15.2 )

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Tivo Update - Can someone post a video of it? ( 15.2 )

Old 29-10-2011, 20:40   #46
MarkyUK
Inactive

MarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Tivo Update - Can someone post a video of it? ( 15.2 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Many thanks again Marky.

It looks the same to me. I'm sure I read a post from someone saying the UI had been given a complete revamp
Yeah the UI revamp was revealed on the community forums as coming in the next update - obviously another feature that wasn't included in the pilot version
MarkyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-10-2011, 00:12   #47
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
Many thanks again Marky.

It looks the same to me. I'm sure I read a post from someone saying the UI had been given a complete revamp
I am pretty sure I read somewhere it depend on how you access the app, not sure if the new one is through apps or if you go to explore this show. If you have a look in the Community forums there are a few people there on the pilot that are complaining about the new look.
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 00:19   #48
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

Quote:
Many thanks again Marky.

I think they may have rolled it back as there was a poster that kept complaining on the community forums that it auto-played video when you accessed it and some of the things it played wasn't suitable for children.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 06:47   #49
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

The new You Tube app on my media player is the same. It auto plays and each time there is swearing on it. I believe it is a dedicated HD app as there are actually 2 You Tube apps on my WD Live Hub.
Tricky Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 11:00   #50
MarkyUK
Inactive

MarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about them

Just found that you can still access the new Youtube app by going through "Explore This Show"!

Pictures below...

MarkyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 15:36   #51
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

That function on the last photo is the same as on my media player
Tricky Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 19:58   #52
petehbsn
Inactive

Services: 1T ViVo, V+ box, 50 Meg broadband, SKy Sports HD, Sony Bravia
petehbsn is an unknown quantity at this point

is the sky sports red button working the new update ?

cheers
petehbsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 20:11   #53
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

Quote:
That function on the last photo is the same as on my media player
I think YouTube are trying to standardise the experience across the various media players.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2011, 21:31   #54
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

http://www.youtube.com/leanback
jtaylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 19:21   #55
REM
Inactive

Services: TV Full House V6 200Mb/s + Telephone
REM is just really niceREM is just really niceREM is just really niceREM is just really niceREM is just really niceREM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06 View Post
I've never seen that before.

How do you get back from watching a video to the search screen without pressing ESC. It seems really silly that you can do everything with a pointing device yet you need a keyboard just to press escape.

I must be missing something obvious. Google can't be that stupid. If it wasn't for escape I could do everything from my Magic Tablet on my mac while sat on my sofa.

EDIT: Hmm. Well a two finger swipe works on the tablet, but I'd still be stuck with the mouse only.
REM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 22:58   #56
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
What did the new update entail?
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 23:11   #57
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
What did the new update entail?
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...er/td-p/774391

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by REM View Post
EDIT: Hmm. Well a two finger swipe works on the tablet, but I'd still be stuck with the mouse only.
Seems it's either Esc or you've got a Mouse with a 'Back' button

I'm assuming leanback is designed for Media PCs that use a remote that'll have an approriate key
Old 01-11-2011, 16:34   #58
JHM
Inactive

Services: VM VIP 100 package V+ PVR TiVo PVR 3View PVR
JHM has a spectacular aura about themJHM has a spectacular aura about themJHM has a spectacular aura about themJHM has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by petehbsn View Post
is the sky sports red button working the new update ?

cheers
Having got V15,2 I can confirm that Sky Sports red button is NOT in the update.

--John
JHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 23:07   #59
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

A friend has asked me to post this for your info:

[/QUOTE]We're going to announce the dates later this week.
Nick Ontiveros
TV Strategy, Digital Entertainment [/QUOTE]
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...t/false#M26459[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 13:51   #60
windy
Inactive

Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD Samsung Galaxy s3
windy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
A friend has asked me to post this for your info:
We're going to announce the dates later this week.
Nick Ontiveros
TV Strategy, Digital Entertainment [/QUOTE]
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...t/false#M26459[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

"Page not found"
windy is offline   Reply With Quote