Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 18:41   #61
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Hope it's not Westlife and Bros LOL
If you had Tivo, you'd be able to add (now) any of these pilots you think may be good and get to see any that get picked up and make it to a UK channel.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/tub...he-pilots.html

a Boston Leagal take on Wonder Woman has to be worth at least a one episode watch!
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2011, 18:43   #62
Strangerstill
Inactive

Services: Vmedia TiVo ex NTL.
Strangerstill is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
What worries me about the promotional team at VM, is that I've read two recent reviews of Tivo (one was What HI-FI) where they described the recording functionality as the same as the V+, i.e. record two and watch a third. If I was sending the Tivo out for Review, I'd make sure these reviewers were aware of one of the massive feature advantages over V+ and Sky in that Tivo records on all three channels. What other Tivo features are the not emphasising?
I posted on that review/blog that TiVo would record on 3 channels while watching a previous recording, but you are right, VM should jump on these mistakes, WHF are not the only review sight with incorrect information on important features.
Old 04-04-2011, 18:49   #63
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
If you had Tivo, you'd be able to add (now) any of these pilots you think may be good and get to see any that get picked up and make it to a UK channel.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/tub...he-pilots.html

a Boston Leagal take on Wonder Woman has to be worth at least a one episode watch!
I'll have to wait until a few weeks before and press my green button , the Alcatraz one is in the never miss database.
Old 04-04-2011, 18:59   #64
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
the Alcatraz one is in the never miss database.
That's interesting. Maybe it's had an early pickup since that list was done and Sky have bought the rights? Or is it a different Alcatraz?
Old 04-04-2011, 19:02   #65
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

When a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners turn up in the present day it is left to the FBI and a female police officer to track them down and solve the mystery surrounding their dissapearance 30 years ago. Produced by JJ Abrams, this spooky series sports an impressive all-star cast and crew.

It says coming 2011/12 you can add to be reminded may just do that so thanks.
Old 04-04-2011, 19:07   #66
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
When a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners turn up in the present day it is left to the FBI and a female police officer to track them down and solve the mystery surrounding their dissapearance 30 years ago. Produced by JJ Abrams, this spooky series sports an impressive all-star cast and crew.

It says coming 2011/12 you can add to be reminded may just do that so thanks.
Well done Sky.
Old 04-04-2011, 19:08   #67
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

I do not hope that it is meant to be true to life as only no-one has escaped and lived to say?

http://www.alcatrazhistory.com/escapes1.htm

But who knows?
Old 04-04-2011, 19:10   #68
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

I could have sworn that the was a topic about TiVo somewhere in here but it appears to be a coming soon thread.
Old 04-04-2011, 19:16   #69
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
I could have sworn that the was a topic about TiVo somewhere in here but it appears to be a coming soon thread.
Sorry I apologise
Old 04-04-2011, 19:17   #70
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Sorry I apologise
I think the mods would have noticed sooner or later.
Old 04-04-2011, 19:19   #71
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
I think the mods would have noticed sooner or later.
I do not want to get in trouble again as i have been in trouble on another forum recently
Old 04-04-2011, 19:19   #72
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
This thread has lost it's way totally! It should not have been given a new lease of life. In the absence of anything new people are going over old ground again and again.
Old 04-04-2011, 19:20   #73
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
It is about tivo; it's about the wishlist functionality using real world examples of what the wishlist functionality will do.

We're highlighting functionality as the VM PR department sometimes don't seem to (see the post No. 48 on the What HIFI review).
Old 04-04-2011, 19:21   #74
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
It is about tivo; it's about the wishlist functionality using real world examples of what the wishlist functionality will do.

We're highlighting functionality as the VM PR department sometimes don't seem to (see the post on the What HIFI review).
Yes but it could easily be in another thread such as functionality rather discussing a series link.
Old 04-04-2011, 19:29   #75
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Yes but it could easily be in another thread such as functionality rather discussing a series link.
The functionality is tivo functionality; I would have thought it belongs in the tivo thread.

We weren't discussing a series link; you can't add a show that doesn't exist to a series link. But you can (and this is a major Tivo feature and the point being made) add it to a wishlist.
Closed Thread