Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | One of a thousand

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

One of a thousand

Old 05-02-2011, 16:09   #46
Cozzy
Inactive

Cozzy is on a distinguished roadCozzy is on a distinguished road
Re: One of a thousand

I can only guess there must be more than 1000 VIP50 subscribers so theres gonna be a few very unhappy peeps if some get it free and others dont ... maybe they have to stagger the VIP50 peeps or they in fact have a shortage of trained staff in some areas causing delays .. who knows ??? the customer is usually the last to know

I cant say I would be happy if some get it and others dont and I would be pretty unhappy even if i did get it and others didnt as it would be just wrong...

bit like the Lotto this .. not much chance of winning with the high odds .. lol ... great idea to give free boxes to VIP50 ... terrible way to do it if its only a select 1000

Confusion reigns but then we are talking about a big company so its nothing unusual

Cozzy
Cozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2011, 16:10   #47
JayAy
Inactive

JayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
They had 41,400 50meg customers in Q4 last year, so, some amount less than that.
So we appear to have better than 1 in 41 chance of getting selected (better odds than winning the lottery by a good way).

Or putting it another way there will be 40,000 (I know, probably less) disgruntled VIP50 subscribers.
JayAy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 16:12   #48
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepomone View Post
Don't worry Firmsky I'm in the same boat as you. Don't forget our post is always a day behind everyone else. It has to get from Chelmsford.
I thought the same buddy but would of thought our names would have worked in the URL or are people thinking it won't work unless the remote's been dispatched?
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 16:13   #49
WillPS
Inactive

Services: VM XXL Broadband, XL TV with V+ and L Phone
WillPS has a spectacular aura about themWillPS has a spectacular aura about themWillPS has a spectacular aura about themWillPS has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAy View Post
So we appear to have better than 1 in 41 chance of getting selected (better odds than winning the lottery by a good way).

Or putting it another way there will be 40,000 (I know, probably less) disgruntled VIP50 subscribers.
I used to be a 50meg customer, yet I didn't have VIP50 - I'm sure that over half of that number are the same.
WillPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 16:14   #50
Cozzy
Inactive

a second thought occurs .... perhaps its only peeps with common names like "John" or "Peter" or "Paul" until they can get the bird on the vid to redo everyones christian name ... pity those named Umbogo though my name aint that common either
Old 05-02-2011, 16:14   #51
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post
I thought the same buddy but would of thought our names would have worked in the URL or are people thinking it won't work unless the remote's been dispatched?
They might be doing batches.

Guess we'll never know unless someone who's name doesn't work suddenly starts working.

I know I'll be trying mine pretty frequently!
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 16:17   #52
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozzy View Post
a second thought occurs .... perhaps its only peeps with common names like "John" or "Peter" or "Paul" until they can get the bird on the vid to redo everyones christian name ... pity those named Umbogo though my name aint that common either
That was my thinking too, got the vid to pop on a fair few John's, but nothing else.

I've got a pretty popular name so thought I might have a chance! Would be interesting to know the first names of the people who've got letters.
Old 05-02-2011, 16:20   #53
indie1982
Inactive

Services: M Phone, XL BB, XL TV and 2 SA V+
indie1982 will become famous soon enoughindie1982 will become famous soon enoughindie1982 will become famous soon enough

Looks like you lucky people also get access to a private TiVo forum!

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Tivo/ct-p/Tivo
indie1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 16:25   #54
frobozz
Inactive

frobozz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
That was my thinking too, got the vid to pop on a fair few John's, but nothing else.
I got it to work on a nigel too
frobozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 16:30   #55
indie1982
Inactive

Services: M Phone, XL BB, XL TV and 2 SA V+
indie1982 will become famous soon enoughindie1982 will become famous soon enoughindie1982 will become famous soon enough

Do the links appear to be made up of your actual name or your username? Tried both, no free TiVo for me!
indie1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 16:34   #56
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Got the vid up on my name and that is it? and also the community it said that i did have access?

WHAT IS HAPPENING?
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 16:38   #57
Cozzy
Inactive

congrats if you get a personal greeting ... means you have a freebie remote in the post at a guess ... lucky devil

dont suppose there was ever gonna be a perfect launch ... but this one is certainly weird and a little hard to swallow if some get it and others dont .. or at best a delay for staggered installs on those that miss first wave
Old 05-02-2011, 16:40   #58
TheDon
Inactive

If it's not free for all VIP50's I'm going to be seriously annoyed. A lottery on who gets it for free isn't acceptable IMO.
Old 05-02-2011, 16:43   #59
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozzy View Post
congrats if you get a personal greeting ... means you have a freebie remote in the post at a guess ... lucky devil

dont suppose there was ever gonna be a perfect launch ... but this one is certainly weird and a little hard to swallow if some get it and others dont .. or at best a delay for staggered installs on those that miss first wave
No it was not personalised message so i am missing out on it
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 16:44   #60
TheDon
Inactive

There's two videos, one says your first name, and shows the personalised remote.
If you get that one, you're on the list. If you don't, you're not.