Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Contractors

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Contractors

Old 14-03-2011, 14:11   #46
dicko
Inactive

Services: v+/v/20mb/tel
dicko is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Contractors

thanks
dicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-03-2011, 18:12   #47
S@Notts
Inactive

S@Notts is an unknown quantity at this point

ive just had a call from a lady from VM about the job i applied for, she mentioned some technical questions, but i was looking after my daughter and cooking at the time so she said to call her back tommorow, which i will, 1 question tho, is this going to be an interview on the phone ? as ive never done this before
S@Notts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 19:47   #48
ary13
Inactive

ary13 is an unknown quantity at this point

These are questions about what you do before, upon and after arriving at the job, i.e. tlephone before arrival, show company id badge put on over shoes

That sort of thing
ary13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 22:01   #49
S@Notts
Inactive

S@Notts is an unknown quantity at this point

thx for the reply, will see how it goes tommorow
S@Notts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 09:01   #50
stacky
Inactive

stacky is an unknown quantity at this point

i work for flexicomms in yorkshire , does any1 knw the potential contractor to virgin in the next few month!? Have heard a few rumors but nothing concrete
stacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 12:12   #51
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacky View Post
i work for flexicomms in yorkshire , does any1 knw the potential contractor to virgin in the next few month!? Have heard a few rumors but nothing concrete
All rumours Stacky, nothing confirmed at the moment.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 17:13   #52
ary13
Inactive

When will the new contacts be anounced, Ive heard that they begin on the 4.4.2011.
What about transition periods with engineers for new contracts tooling vans ect.
Old 16-03-2011, 18:39   #53
beller
Inactive

Services: 30mb, M tv, XL phone
beller is an unknown quantity at this point

The Avonline Bristol guys done the van and tools ect last week!
beller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 18:54   #54
stacky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
All rumours Stacky, nothing confirmed at the moment.
were do u work from? Thats what i do new builds and networks. Would be good to find who has it wee ste. As you know what ths games like m8 , if u leave it until last min theyl just get guys that dont know wat ther doing and leave the guys who do in the job centres , or going back on resi,s. No disrispect to you res,i guys but it 1nce was good money until mapp showed up and kept it in ther pockets rather than passing it down to the real hard workers. !
Old 16-03-2011, 19:13   #55
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal

The only thing the contractor does here for network is pull the cables we put all the ends on and commision the amps .And we do our own copper jointing aswell .We use fibre tek for fibre .Our main contractor here is Map but for how long who knows the have sent crews to help out in Brighton .Does anyone know who got the cab clean contract ?
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 20:50   #56
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacky View Post
were do u work from? Thats what i do new builds and networks. Would be good to find who has it wee ste. As you know what ths games like m8 , if u leave it until last min theyl just get guys that dont know wat ther doing and leave the guys who do in the job centres , or going back on resi,s. No disrispect to you res,i guys but it 1nce was good money until mapp showed up and kept it in ther pockets rather than passing it down to the real hard workers. !
Im based in Bellshill stacky, I mainly cover the North East and North West franchises. We have Fujitsu in the North East who do all civils and cable work whereas NMC cover the north west and Flexicomms do some of the cable work subcontarcted by NMC.

We wont hear any changes to contractors until later this year now, plenty rumours flying around but I wouldn't like to speculate

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 21:19   #57
stacky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
Im based in Bellshill stacky, I mainly cover the North East and North West franchises. We have Fujitsu in the North East who do all civils and cable work whereas NMC cover the north west and Flexicomms do some of the cable work subcontarcted by NMC.

We wont hear any changes to contractors until later this year now, plenty rumours flying around but I wouldn't like to speculate

ye we get al our work of nmc m8, but i know they hav also invested alot in to new vans and a hell of alot of cable equipment. Wil just hav to wait and see m8 cheers. Geting through to belshil is a nitemare lol many times getin hold of people proves hard . Think we deal with c watson.
Old 16-03-2011, 22:03   #58
ary13
Inactive

MAP for the cab cleans
Old 17-03-2011, 17:00   #59
dazj10
Inactive

dazj10 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all,, i work in stoke with kelly communications but as you all know contracts are to be renewed in april ,, and the main runners for stoke apart from kellys are fujitsu and mc nicholas,, but was wondering what their pay structures are like ,, at tthe minute i am on a 2 man crew ,and my pay is

single pull - £25
dual pull - £32
triple pull - £42
repull - £18
and then the add outlets, exts, re cables and such things are £7
doin an average of 5-6 jobs a day

am i goin to be worse off, same or better
dazj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 17:44   #60
stacky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazj10 View Post
hi all,, i work in stoke with kelly communications but as you all know contracts are to be renewed in april ,, and the main runners for stoke apart from kellys are fujitsu and mc nicholas,, but was wondering what their pay structures are like ,, at tthe minute i am on a 2 man crew ,and my pay is

single pull - £25
dual pull - £32
triple pull - £42
repull - £18
and then the add outlets, exts, re cables and such things are £7
doin an average of 5-6 jobs a day

am i goin to be worse off, same or better
ey up daz, its what u make it mate, imean everytime a contractor comes in the rate of pay lowers. Wel thats in my experiance any way. Ive worked for endless contractors m8 and the pay never gets beter unless you do more. I wish the good old rates would come back for us al, but thats like asking your boss if you can finish early . Never happens