Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ITV1 HD on Virgin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ITV1 HD on Virgin

Old 14-02-2010, 13:23   #16
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ITV1 HD on Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
E-Mailed me today
ITV sent me that email last year - I think they sent it to everyone who ask about ITV HD.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2010, 15:16   #17
mu10
Inactive

Services: 10meg internet, M tv, Phone
mu10 is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont get why everyone is complaining about picture quality now a few years back before hd came out i didn't see anyone complaining then
mu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 15:25   #18
musicbravo
Inactive

Services: Virgin v+ xl TV Virgin M Broadband and phone
musicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these parts

As long as the cretin who i quote maintained that SD was "barely watchable" doesnt show up again i'm not that bothered. Don't get me wrong, HD looks nice but there is still nothing wrong with SD. I say VM get HD channels when you can, The TV industry is not a sprint, it is a marathon. Yes you could race to get there first for the first 200 metres, but there will still be nearly 26 miles left to race. Or for another analogy it is like the tortoise and the hare. Steady and sure aways wins the race
musicbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 16:13   #19
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

ITV is generally poor for picture quality on football though I think was the point being made and I agree cause it can be really pixellated at times
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 16:20   #20
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu10 View Post
i dont get why everyone is complaining about picture quality now a few years back before hd came out i didn't see anyone complaining then
In the past few years there's been a noticeable reduction in quality as platforms have tried to cram more and more channels into the same bandwidth.

It's not that people have looked at HD and gone "actually SD is pretty poor" it's that SD has deteriorated to the point that it's now pretty poor.

HD on sky is going the same way already, there's a huge bandwidth grab to add more into the same space.
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 16:53   #21
beeman
Kiss My Stinger

Services: Virgin VIP package, FREEVIEW
beeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
In the past few years there's been a noticeable reduction in quality as platforms have tried to cram more and more channels into the same bandwidth.

It's not that people have looked at HD and gone "actually SD is pretty poor" it's that SD has deteriorated to the point that it's now pretty poor.
Ontop of that you have the increasing screen sizes. even with a very poor quality source on a 19'' screen the picture would look OK put that same picture on a 47'' and its unwatchable.

THEN theres the modern technology in TV's that "optimize" the sets for HD viewing making SD even poorer. THEN there are the people who have looked at HD and said "actually SD is pretty poor" :P
beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 18:57   #22
smokieUK
Inactive

smokieUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Still, so long as it's only football that's not watchable then I'm not bothered as I don't watch it! :-)

Have to say, the Rugby today looked great in HD. WHat I don't get is why I don't seem to always get good surround sound for sports stuff - when I first hooked up V+ to the home theatre, the surround crowd effects were great - but today I hardly noticed them. Maybe someone has been fiddling...
smokieUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 12:50   #23
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
ITV is generally poor for picture quality on football though I think was the point being made and I agree cause it can be really pixellated at times
Exactly a couple of friends were round and said that picture is awful is that freeview? I said no it is Virgin. They said but I thought you said it upscaled. I said yes but ITV is awful.
It certainly didn't conviince them to bin their Sky+ for virgin put it that way.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 12:55   #24
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

ITV picture on Sky is well known for being poor as well though.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 13:06   #25
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

We will be getting ITV HD on Monday
Old 15-02-2010, 13:17   #26
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I heard that those pesky pigs were asking for landing permission again
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 19:55   #27
sniper007
Inactive

sniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
"We" being VM customers?
sniper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 07:05   #28
bayards
Inactive

Services: V HD, Bluray 3D, HD-DVD, cassette and 8 track
bayards will become famous soon enoughbayards will become famous soon enoughbayards will become famous soon enough

Defo have ITV1 HD in my house next week - just ordered a Freeview HD box from Amazon.
bayards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 07:27   #29
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Its don't know why you just didn't get freesat, freesat boxes cost as little as £40.

ITV HD has been around for a while on that.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 08:02   #30
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
Its don't know why you just didn't get freesat, freesat boxes cost as little as £40.

ITV HD has been around for a while on that.
Doesn't freesat require a dish? Some people cannot install dishes on their properties
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote