Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 16:24   #61
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
because chellozonbe wa snot interested in geting mroe channesl on virign before they rebranded cbs, but cbs are in negetiotn to get the other added hopefully this year, wont say soon because you will take it out of context later in the year if it doesnt happen

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

you need to look in coming soon 2009 they said it on the podcast for question and answer after the last quarter results. but most people have took it out of context and used it as reason to moan at virign. what they said was they hoped to have aabout 20-30 hd channesl bid mid to summer 2010 or was t spring cant remeber myself if it was spring or mid
Thanks.

So this is more like what he actually said?
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2010, 18:26   #62
sakiblateef
Inactive

sakiblateef will become famous soon enoughsakiblateef will become famous soon enoughsakiblateef will become famous soon enough

Any news on Virgin getting Colors India's number one TV channel?

http://media247.co.uk/bizasia/newsar...s_begins_u.php
Old 09-01-2010, 20:08   #63
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Thanks.

So this is more like what he actually said?
No.... this was said back in about october last year, at that poitn he sia dhwo many they could have but a few months ago he said they hope to have between 20-30 hd channels this year and then we got that survey out so that kinda got peopel thiknig there where more on the way

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

here is the link to the webcast for all to listen to

http://www.thomson-webcast.net/uk/di...1123455ef8759d

this is what was said in the quesiton and answers after the last investor meeting he does not say 2009 he doe snot say they will have. he says he hopes to assume ofcom opens up the market
Old 09-01-2010, 20:50   #64
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Hi Toto, l believe the answer to the HD channels in 2009, has already been answered, it was said by VM, way back in 2008, that we would get them by the end of 2009, but this has happened. It has been stated that we will get them this year.
Old 09-01-2010, 22:03   #65
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Hi Toto, l believe the answer to the HD channels in 2009, has already been answered, it was said by VM, way back in 2008, that we would get them by the end of 2009, but this has happened. It has been stated that we will get them this year.
Arthur NO IT WAS NOT, stop twisting things for oyu own good. firstly back in dec 08 they said they hoped to have them by 1st quater 09 then they said they where workign on it, then a internal source said it would be july 09, that then happoened. they then said late last year they hope to have 20-30 hd channels by mid 2010 on the question and answer. WHAT THEY DID SAY IN 2008 WAS, they could have up to 30-40 hd channels if they switched off analogue ie that how much space they would have not that they would have.
Old 09-01-2010, 22:57   #66
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
No.... this was said back in about october last year, at that poitn he sia dhwo many they could have but a few months ago he said they hope to have between 20-30 hd channels this year and then we got that survey out so that kinda got peopel thiknig there where more on the way

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

here is the link to the webcast for all to listen to

http://www.thomson-webcast.net/uk/di...1123455ef8759d

this is what was said in the quesiton and answers after the last investor meeting he does not say 2009 he doe snot say they will have. he says he hopes to assume ofcom opens up the market
Cheers, I'll have a listen.
Old 09-01-2010, 23:18   #67
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Stop blowing a gasket Andy, l was answering Toto's question, that has already been answered by someone else.

As far as l am concerned, it is forgotten about, and if you have read an article by me, l have stop talking about it, and l understand it is due to arrive this year,
Old 09-01-2010, 23:30   #68
Toto
Inactive

Quote:
Stop blowing a gasket Andy, l was answering Toto's question, that has already been answered by someone else.

As far as l am concerned, it is forgotten about, and if you have read an article by me, l have stop talking about it, and l understand it is due to arrive this year,
Sorry Arthur, I do not think you have. In post #32 on this thread you said:

Quote:
in 2008 it was announced by VM, that by the end of 2009 we would have approx 30 HD channels, on VM
So what was your answer? Did VM announce in 2008 that by the end of 2009 they would have approx 30 channels, or was it said in 2009, and did they say they would, or that they hoped to?
Old 09-01-2010, 23:51   #69
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Hi Toto, Just to clarify it, l read an article in October 2008 and it was by CEO of VM, that he planned to have between 20/30 HD channels by the end of 2009.

I believe this was at the time when we had the trouble with Sky basic channels. We have now heard that this will be this year 2010.

I won't get into an argument over this, as this has been confirmed by several members on this forum, and not just me, I am now accepting the fact, from what l have read, that it will be this year. I read a lot into this over the past 18 months, but some people do dismiss it.
Old 10-01-2010, 00:47   #70
musicbravo
Inactive

Services: Virgin v+ xl TV Virgin M Broadband and phone
musicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these parts

I have read The Beano twice in the last 18 months, thats a lot for me too!!! However there is a distinct difference between planned and definately happening. the best of plans may not happen. Hitler planned to take over the world and irradicate in his opinion the inferior species' within the world. That didnt quite go to plan now did it. I plan a lot of lessons being a teacher and all that but that does not mean I will necessarily deliver all of them. Things crop up that stop our plans happening as we hope they will do.

As we all know Media boy works hard to turn speculation into fact, but as we know that does not always happen for one reason or another. Does that mean we need need to be negative towards him? Correct answer = NO

We really must stop being so opinionated over what is fact/speculation/fiction. Lets just wait and see and above all be patient. There is nothing like a surprise.

Happy new year all by the way.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:09   #71
Toto
Inactive

Quote:
Hi Toto, Just to clarify it, l read an article in October 2008 and it was by CEO of VM, that he planned to have between 20/30 HD channels by the end of 2009.

I believe this was at the time when we had the trouble with Sky basic channels. We have now heard that this will be this year 2010.

I won't get into an argument over this, as this has been confirmed by several members on this forum, and not just me, I am now accepting the fact, from what l have read, that it will be this year. I read a lot into this over the past 18 months, but some people do dismiss it.
Well, I'm not going to detract from the work that Media Boy does by countering what you say Arthur, I think your record speaks for itself, but thanks for taking the time.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:17   #72
Fred Fish
Inactive

Services: Virgin VIP
Fred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbravo View Post
I have read The Beano twice in the last 18 months, thats a lot for me too!!! However there is a distinct difference between planned and definately happening. the best of plans may not happen. Hitler planned to take over the world and irradicate in his opinion the inferior species' within the world. That didnt quite go to plan now did it. I plan a lot of lessons being a teacher and all that but that does not mean I will necessarily deliver all of them. Things crop up that stop our plans happening as we hope they will do.

As we all know Media boy works hard to turn speculation into fact, but as we know that does not always happen for one reason or another. Does that mean we need need to be negative towards him? Correct answer = NO

We really must stop being so opinionated over what is fact/speculation/fiction. Lets just wait and see and above all be patient. There is nothing like a surprise.

Happy new year all by the way.
I am somewhat surprised that a Beano reader has the audacity to express such opinions - It is a well known fact that ALL right minded people favour the Dandy - To have read the Beno one is a mistake, to confess to it is tragic, to then read it a second time is boardering on criminality !!!!
Old 10-01-2010, 14:56   #73
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

This weeks live sport on ESPN.
Old 11-01-2010, 13:27   #74
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Breaking News: Virgin Media axe some Local BBC Radio channels.

Reports are coming in on Digital Spy forums that both BBC Radio Leeds and BBC Radio Sheffield have disappeared from Virgin Media with an sign saying they are no longer available on digital.

Keep up to date on this Breaking story here - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...9#post37787569
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 11-01-2010, 17:26   #75
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

MEDIA BOY NEED YOU: Can you tell me if any of the following Channels are still broadcasting in Ex-Telewest areas?

EPG - Channel name - Broadcast area,
930 - BBC London 94.9 - Croydon, Haringey and Hayes
930 - BBC Radio Lancashire - Preston
930 - BBC Radio Merseyside - Knowsley
930 - BBC Radio Newcastle - Gateshead
931 - BBC Radio Kent - Basildon
931 - BBC Tees - Gateshead
932 - BBC Radio Leeds - Barnsley
933 - Kiss 100 London - Croydon, Haringey and Hayes
935 - Magic 105.4 FM - Croydon, Haringey and Hayes
945 - BBC Radio Shropshire - Perry Barr (Witton) and Wolverhampton
946 - BBC WM - Perry Barr (Witton) and Wolverhampton

Also is BBC Radio London still broadcasting in London and York on Virgin Channel 937 in Ex-ntl or Ex-CW areas?
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Closed Thread