Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media in Plymouth

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Is there a list of error codes anywhere ??

Old 23-10-2008, 19:23   #1
clumsymum
Inactive

Services: BB M TV L and V+ Phone L
clumsymum is on a distinguished roadclumsymum is on a distinguished road
Is there a list of error codes anywhere ??

I'm still having problems with the on demand services, specifically catch up TV and BBC iPlayer.

I'd been complaining about unreliability generally for about 6 months when VM finally agreed to supply a new STB about 4 weeks ago.
All seemed much better, but about a week ago it became VERY difficult to use On Demand, having to try and retry before it would play the program, sometimes I just gave up.

Anyway, after reporting that yesterday, an engineer rang me this morning, and said the error codes we have been getting (1051 or 1081), were indicative of network overload problems. In other words, I can't watch on demand in the evening, cos that is when every one else wants to watch.

However, a guy on the disconnections line (yes, I'm threatening to leave over this), said the codes indicated server problems, some of which they have been working on over the last week, and the service will be better from today onwards

So I don't know who to believe. Can I get the info from anywhere?
clumsymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-10-2008, 19:48   #2
VMboy
Inactive

VMboy is infamous around these partsVMboy is infamous around these parts
Re: Is there a list of error codes anywhere ??

Please see my posts here.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...available.html
VMboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 20:19   #3
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

1051 and 1081 might be network faults, or may be the server (or possibly even your STB). Whereabouts are you, clumsymum?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 22:55   #4
clumsymum
Inactive

We're in Nottingham.

Different code tonight, 1068. It's getting like playing bingo !!
Old 23-10-2008, 23:26   #5
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Aha! Yes, there has indeed been a server problem in Nottingham for a few days. Not overloaded, just faulty. It is being worked on. Hang in there and it will get fixed.
Old 24-10-2008, 13:03   #6
clumsymum
Inactive

Then why did the engineer lie to me? Wouldn't it be easier to tell the truth, especially if the issue is being resolved?

As it was, I just assumed that overloaded meant it will never be right.
Old 24-10-2008, 23:12   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

He probably wasn't aware of the fault, so just told you a likely cause of those error codes. It's only by chance that I know about it.

Incidentally, if the servers do become overloaded, extra hardware is added to increase capacity.
Old 25-10-2008, 19:32   #8
clumsymum
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
He probably wasn't aware of the fault, so just told you a likely cause of those error codes.
Well that is ridiculous. This was a call-back I received, from the technical department, the day after I reported the problem. If they call back, just to make up a likely excuse, it isn't customer service.
Old 26-10-2008, 00:31   #9
VMboy
Inactive

VMboy is infamous around these partsVMboy is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumsymum View Post
Well that is ridiculous. This was a call-back I received, from the technical department, the day after I reported the problem. If they call back, just to make up a likely excuse, it isn't customer service.
When I received a call back they didn't even leave a message, so I just had to call them back.

I knew it was them as when you return using the call ID phone number the message informs that VM had called.
VMboy is offline   Reply With Quote