Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 23:58   #5236
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

No mention of multi room streaming? That along with the iPad app was the one I was most looking forward to.
Advertisement
Old 13-10-2011, 00:03   #5237
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
I think its important to note that the update adds support for future red button apps, and not those apps themselves.

So, getting the update doesn't mean you'll instantly get red button. That will follow later. VM previously said (on the Help & Support Forums) that the next update will be a depencacy for future functionality and by the looks of it, red button is it.
This the post you were talking about.
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/.../708349#M17554
Ken has said there will be a 2nd update in novemeber
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post3108.html
Old 13-10-2011, 00:04   #5238
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Why do the BBC have to pioneer these things? Let companies like Sky and ITV, ie. the ones we don't directly fund, spend the money on these ventures.
Because when it's left to companies like Sky to come up with new ventures you get people complaining when they end up being only available for Sky customers. Just look at the complaints prior to now about the Sky red button apps not being available on cable. At least with the Beeb coming up with new technology their remit forces them to make it available to everyone due to their public funding.
Old 13-10-2011, 00:05   #5239
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
No mention of multi room streaming? That along with the iPad app was the one I was most looking forward to.
Quote:
Here’s a sneak peek of what you can expect:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...er/td-p/774391e
It might still be in the update
Old 13-10-2011, 00:09   #5240
zantarous

zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

if it was in there you would think they would mention it seeing as it is a biggie.
Old 13-10-2011, 00:10   #5241
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Quote:
if it was in there you would think they would mention it seeing as it is a biggie.
the iPad app is coming in the 1st update
Quote:
the UK’s leading digital entertainment provider, today announced details of a key new feature coming to their next-generation connected TV offering which will allow customers to take control of the TiVo powered service through a cutting-edge iPad companion app.The feature will be made available as part of the first major software update for the system and is designed to build on the user experience of the award-winning service. Virgin Media plans to roll-out the software update, which will feature the companion app as well as other new features to be announced, in the coming months.
http://mediacentre.virginmedia.com/S...vice-21aa.aspx
Old 13-10-2011, 00:27   #5242
zantarous

I am not talking about the iPad app I am talking about multiroon streaming.
Old 13-10-2011, 00:35   #5243
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I am not talking about the iPad app I am talking about multiroon streaming.
Quote:
Neil Berkett also appears to imply that the next software update for TiVo will be in October, and will feature multi-room streaming from other TiVos in your home:

Just think about October, the second drop. The access your hard drive from another device. Your connected TV would by then know you. It will be recording things the things you've forgot to record.
http://virgintivo.blogspot.com/2011/...ill-equal.html
Old 13-10-2011, 00:53   #5244
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
Because when it's left to companies like Sky to come up with new ventures you get people complaining when they end up being only available for Sky customers. Just look at the complaints prior to now about the Sky red button apps not being available on cable. At least with the Beeb coming up with new technology their remit forces them to make it available to everyone due to their public funding.
I get that but it seems as if the BBC are world beaters (by being first and best) at services so I'd love to see what their R&D costs are for things like iPlayer and Red Button.

Something like iPlayer, which has been around for years, is only now being matched for quality by Hulu. It insane that the BBC is at the forefront of TV progression when billion dollar companies appear to do nothing.

Old 13-10-2011, 01:21   #5245
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

I think everyone will get the Tivo update at the end of October
Quote:
Hi Unknown,

Could you explain how the update announcement was vague? We went into great detail about a number of the new features and what they'd do.

We're starting a pilot this week, so a larger number of customers will get the update. After passing that test, we'll push the update on to everyone else. Again, until we're confident of the date it doesn't make sense to post anything, but I will try to give at least a few days advance notice as the TiVo will likely reboot overnight to be updated.

Thanks
Nick Ontiveros
TV Strategy, Digital Entertainment
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/.../748153/page/3
Old 13-10-2011, 01:29   #5246
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
I really hope so, currently my TiVo is SUCH a pain to use. It is so sloooowww, and I am forever jumping a page in the menus.

Any news on the flip out keyboard remote tha US users have?
Old 13-10-2011, 01:31   #5247
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davekg77 View Post
Message has come up on my TiVo box saying we need to make an update to your TiVo box in the early hours (2am-430) on Thursday 13th October.please ensure your box is switched on. Don't ever remember having this message before.
Can you us what the update is like in the morning ?
Old 13-10-2011, 01:43   #5248
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
Can you us what the update is like in the morning ?
I second that! Oh and post a Youtube video so we can see the speed increase!
Old 13-10-2011, 08:26   #5249
Davekg77
Inactive

Davekg77 is an unknown quantity at this point

So far I have noticed sky channels now showing in the mini box,track skipping on playlists for music on demand,apps are listed by category order. Off to work so not had much time to play with the box.
Old 13-10-2011, 09:27   #5250
m0j00
Inactive

m0j00 is on a distinguished roadm0j00 is on a distinguished road

No update for me this Monring .
I would like to think the update has made the box faster than the snail it already is.
Closed Thread