Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 22:14   #6031
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
Thats the TiVo service in the states, hasnt effected any Virgin Media customers.

Regards

John.
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2011, 22:59   #6032
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
Thats the TiVo service in the states, hasnt effected any Virgin Media customers.

Regards

John.
I know, but its more bad news for TiVo, on top of their financial problems.
Old 03-04-2011, 23:13   #6033
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
I know, but its more bad news for TiVo, on top of their financial problems.
I have a sneaky suspicion their subs have bombed in the US as people can now access PVR's from their Cable/satellite provider cheaper , plus when you consider that the premiere has a sub but most big TV manufacturers offer access to all the apps the TIVO has you can see why people have left in their droves.

Example of services available to connected TV users in the US below

http://www.vizio.com/discover/via
Old 03-04-2011, 23:18   #6034
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Sticks and stones can break my bones but insults will nether hurt me.
You sure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Correct Den there's a few on here who take things way to personal LOL
When one or two do it it can be considered a joke. When more than two do it, and repeatedly, it can be considered bullying. Look it up.

Quote:
It's called being neutral one or two on here want to try it , have I ever said sky don't make negotiations hard NO merely said there's always to sides to any story , I've commended VM for many things like their BB , and even TIVO seems a decent enough product but a product to make people leave Sky in their droves I think not.
Personally, I like to think I am neutral. If I think someone would be better served by Sky, I say so. In this case, however, I think Tivo is something Sky will have difficulty competing with.
Old 03-04-2011, 23:21   #6035
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
You sure?

When one or two do it it can be considered a joke. When more than two do it, and repeatedly, it can be considered bullying. Look it up.

Personally, I like to think I am neutral. If I think someone would be better served by Sky, I say so. In this case, however, I think Tivo is something Sky will have difficulty competing with.
Not saying your wrong , however things aren't that great around the world for TIVO look at Australia and the USA , and let's not forget Sky has more subscribers in the UK than TIVO does in the World so they must be doing something right. That's not to say TIVO isn't a good product .
Old 04-04-2011, 00:30   #6036
gaz2810i
Inactive

Services: Panasonic 55VT30, Pioneer VSX-LX53, BDP-LX54, Virgin TiVo 1tb (VIP), Toshiba HD-EX1, VM 50gb BB, PS3
gaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
But one of the tivo services is suggested programs and i have had to turn it off because all it seems to record is sd and ad programs when hd ones are available,Luckly i won a tivo so i dont after pay £3 per month for 12 months.If i was i would certainly be questioning the charge.
Why did you feel the need to turn it off for these reasons

---------- Post added at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
I was hoping they had,Must admit i have had my suggestions turned off for a couple of days(sick of constant deleting) so when it suggested that in hd thought they had sorted it
Oh I see but why are you deleting them. They have an expiry date and delete themselves when HDD space is needed. The space % does not reflect the amount of suggestions the box has recorded and if you change channels when 3 suggestions are recording it will simply stop one of them without bothering the viewer at all.
Old 04-04-2011, 00:42   #6037
pythagoras
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz2810i View Post
Why did you feel the need to turn it off for these reasons

---------- Post added at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:14 ----------

Oh I see but why are you deleting them. They have an expiry date and delete themselves when HDD space is needed. The space % does not reflect the amount of suggestions the box has recorded and if you change channels when 3 suggestions are recording it will simply stop one of them without bothering the viewer at all.
I used to do it all the time, I think its habit from the V+, were you have little space to record and once its full it wont record anything else. You tend to be ruthless with recordings then. Takes some getting used to, the Tivo way, record as much as possible then get rid of low priority stuff automatically, when you start to run out of space.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:49   #6038
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Angry Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
You sure?

I think Stuart is having a funny turn please sit down and count to ten Stuart
Old 04-04-2011, 07:08   #6039
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Not saying your wrong , however things aren't that great around the world for TIVO look at Australia and the USA , and let's not forget Sky has more subscribers in the UK than TIVO does in the World so they must be doing something right. That's not to say TIVO isn't a good product .
Tivo is losing direct customers yes, but they are also signing deals with cable companies to use Tivo technology in the cable box which wil not be part of the direct user numbers. I think there are 2 recent deals in the USA, VM and one elsewhere in Europe from memory but would have to go back to previous posts to confirm exact details. Right strategy IMHO for Tivo.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:51   #6040
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone
Sticks and stones can break my bones but insults will nether hurt me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
I think Stuart is having a funny turn please sit down and count to ten Stuart
Oh, the irony.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:06   #6041
spj20016
cf.addict

Services: Virgin media VIP
spj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nice

Reply from Cindy Rose about Tivo pricing: Dear Mr ,
Thank you for reaching out to us, we always appreciate receiving feedback from our customers.** Thank you also for your specific interest in our new Tivo product.
Firstly, please allow me to sincerely apologise for the use of the wrong name on the email.* This was an unfortunate case of human error, and I am genuinely sorry if it caused offense. We have now corrected the emails, but clearly this did not happen quickly enough!
Please let me assure you that we have given a lot of thought to how we price Tivo to our customer base, and we are delighted to be able to offer our 1Tb Tivo box to our customers for £50 less than new customers will be paying. Tivo is a premium product with some ground breaking functionality and worth every penny!* However, I fully appreciate that this offer may not be for you.* We will be coming out with a lower priced box late Spring, and you may decide to wait until then to place your order.
If you have pre-registered your interest in Tivo online, we will shortly be emailing you to let you know that our pre-sale window for the 1Tb box is open, during which you can order Tivo in advance of it going on sale to new customers.* At that time, we will also be communicating some special offers available only to our existing customers, including our VIP customers.
Whichever offer you take advantage of, you won't be disappointed.
Thanks again for your email and best regards,
Cindy
Digital Entertainment
Old 04-04-2011, 09:15   #6042
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Received this morning
Looks like the standard e-mail reply

Thank you for reaching out to us, we always appreciate receiving feedback from our customers. Thank you also for your specific interest in our new Tivo product, and for taking the time to pre-register online.

Firstly, please allow me to sincerely apologise for the use of the wrong name on the email. This was an unfortunate case of human error, and I am genuinely sorry if it caused offense. We have now corrected the emails, but clearly this did not happen quickly enough!

Please let me assure you that we have given a lot of thought to how we price Tivo to our customer base, and we are delighted to be able to offer our 1Tb Tivo box to our customers for £50 less than new customers will be paying. Tivo is a premium product with some ground breaking functionality and worth every penny! However, I fully appreciate that this offer may not be for you. We will be coming out with a lower priced box late Spring, and you may decide to wait until then to place your order.

As you have pre-registered your interest in Tivo online, we will shortly be emailing you to let you know that our pre-sale window for the 1Tb box is open, during which you can order Tivo in advance of it going on sale to new customers. At that time, we will also be communicating some special offers available only to our existing customers, including our VIP customers.

Cindy

Interesting?
Old 04-04-2011, 09:24   #6043
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post
Received this morning
Looks like the standard e-mail reply

Thank you for reaching out to us, we always appreciate receiving feedback from our customers. Thank you also for your specific interest in our new Tivo product, and for taking the time to pre-register online.

Firstly, please allow me to sincerely apologise for the use of the wrong name on the email. This was an unfortunate case of human error, and I am genuinely sorry if it caused offense. We have now corrected the emails, but clearly this did not happen quickly enough!

Please let me assure you that we have given a lot of thought to how we price Tivo to our customer base, and we are delighted to be able to offer our 1Tb Tivo box to our customers for £50 less than new customers will be paying. Tivo is a premium product with some ground breaking functionality and worth every penny! However, I fully appreciate that this offer may not be for you. We will be coming out with a lower priced box late Spring, and you may decide to wait until then to place your order.

As you have pre-registered your interest in Tivo online, we will shortly be emailing you to let you know that our pre-sale window for the 1Tb box is open, during which you can order Tivo in advance of it going on sale to new customers. At that time, we will also be communicating some special offers available only to our existing customers, including our VIP customers.

Cindy

Interesting?
It may seem a standard responce, but at least she took the time and replied to anyone with this query.

There are indeed further offers for our customers, and a lower spec box will also launch in due course.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:45   #6044
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
It may seem a standard responce, but at least she took the time and replied to anyone with this query.

There are indeed further offers for our customers, and a lower spec box will also launch in due course.
It makes it difficult to decide whether to take the 1TB TiVo if you don't have a clue on the spec of the 'cheaper' box.

Some rumours suggest a 0.5TB TiVo for £100 less. If this box has the same functionality as the existing box then anyone opting for the current box will be unhappy.

Do I delay or not?
Old 04-04-2011, 09:46   #6045
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Thanks DF i shall await the e-mailo next week before i decide what to do.
Closed Thread