Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | One of a thousand

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

One of a thousand

Old 05-02-2011, 09:41   #1
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age
One of a thousand

Just got a nice surprise A Tivo remote with my name on it. Apparently I'm one of 1000 customers to be given the Tivo. You get the remote in a nice box with your name on and a unique number to enter on a personalised webpage.

When you go on the site the women in the video talks to you personally and shows you your remote with your name on. Very cool. You then fill in a form for installation and have a link for a tivo forum( that dosnt appear to be working yet)

Regards

John.
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2011, 09:46   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: One of a thousand

Well that is something different.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:48   #3
pythagoras
cf.addict

Yes really nice idea
Old 05-02-2011, 10:22   #4
pythagoras
cf.addict

Some photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0500.jpg (365.6 KB, 604 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0499.jpg (331.4 KB, 541 views)
Old 05-02-2011, 10:42   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

That does show your name clearly on the back of the remote.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:15   #6
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Impressive. Did you register for TiVo or has this come completely out of the blue?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:26   #7
pythagoras
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Impressive. Did you register for TiVo or has this come completely out of the blue?
I registered but have also been in contact with the ceo's office in connection with the vip package and tivo, not sure which got me on the 1000 list.

Regards

John.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:29   #8
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
Just got a nice surprise A Tivo remote with my name on it. Apparently I'm one of 1000 customers to be given the Tivo. You get the remote in a nice box with your name on and a unique number to enter on a personalised webpage.

When you go on the site the women in the video talks to you personally and shows you your remote with your name on. Very cool. You then fill in a form for installation and have a link for a tivo forum( that dosnt appear to be working yet)

Regards

John.
i got one too nice surprise
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:38   #9
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
I registered but have also been in contact with the ceo's office in connection with the vip package and tivo, not sure which got me on the 1000 list.

Regards

John.
I've just had a courier deliver one of these as well. I had pre-registered, but had not had any contact with the CEO's office. Now just waiting anxiously for the return phone call!
Topgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:39   #10
pythagoras
cf.addict

Thats 3 of us all on vip50, maybe thats it.

Regards

John.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:57   #11
whizzard
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo & V+ XL TV / XL Telephone / XL 30Mb Broadband with Super Hub
whizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to all

Looks like being a VIP has it's upsides after all
whizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:08   #12
bowwow
cf.member

bowwow is an unknown quantity at this point

Also got one this morning, on VIP50 as well.
bowwow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:12   #13
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Well done lads glad to see loyalty has been rewarded hope when you VIP have yours they start on us XL customers LOL.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:13   #14
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun View Post
I've just had a courier deliver one of these as well. I had pre-registered, but had not had any contact with the CEO's office. Now just waiting anxiously for the return phone call!
Thinking outside the box here.

If you pre-registered and havn't had a phone call yet then I can only assume you are getting TiVo for free!? They wouldn't send a personalised remote out of the blue and then expect you to pay £150 whether you want it or not.

Well done VM for treating your top tier customers well
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:20   #15
pythagoras
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Thinking outside the box here.

If you pre-registered and havn't had a phone call yet then I can only assume you are getting TiVo for free!? They wouldn't send a personalised remote out of the blue and then expect you to pay £150 whether you want it or not.

Well done VM for treating your top tier customers well
Yes free box and no tivo monthly fee for life, very generous.

regards

John.