Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 12:46   #1246
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
It was a great series and it proved how good Hugh Laurie is, but will he do now?
He's quite rightly said he'll do well to be in anything quite as good again and will concentrate on writing and directing.

That Guardian article is a bit scathing though, isn't it?
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2012, 12:50   #1247
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy View Post
The one they're moving out of then?
BBC News is moving to Broadcasting House from Televison Centre later this year!

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
MTV to upgrade to HD and rebrand MTVN HD

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35379267-post341.html
It is already been renamed MTV Live HD in all other nations, also any news about MTV HD?
Old 10-02-2012, 13:16   #1248
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Any news on MTV HD coming to Virgin TV?

Also are we getting MTV Live SD?
Old 10-02-2012, 13:59   #1249
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

I guess this will be another channel, (MTV HD) we miss out on as I assume MTVNHD will just rebrand in the same epg slot. Wish VM would carry the missing MTV channels.

I know theres been lots of discussion over lack of channels on VM, but I do feel like VM are getting left behind now. I live in an area where most people have VM over Sky, and know 11 homes that have switched in since christmas.
Old 10-02-2012, 14:04   #1250
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
I guess this will be another channel, (MTV HD) we miss out on as I assume MTVNHD will just rebrand in the same epg slot. Wish VM would carry the missing MTV channels.

I know theres been lots of discussion over lack of channels on VM, but I do feel like VM are getting left behind now. I live in an area where most people have VM over Sky, and know 11 homes that have switched in since christmas.
Strange my son is thinking about moving to Virgin from Sky.

2 things are stopping him.

Full Red button(BBC) on TiVo ( which he really likes - sad !!!) & Red button on S4C ( Which seems to be only on Sky web site says its on freeview but it never works for me)
Old 10-02-2012, 14:06   #1251
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
It was a great series and it proved how good Hugh Laurie is, but will he do now?
Hopefully another series of Blackadder
Old 10-02-2012, 14:13   #1252
toby53
Inactive

toby53 is on a distinguished roadtoby53 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Because there are no regional opt outs on BBC One HD, so it would have to be either everyone gets BBC London, or nothing. So everyone gets nothing
Sorry if this is a bit thick but if ITV can have regional news running why can't the BBC do the same?
Old 10-02-2012, 14:14   #1253
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

If we do get MTV HD and MTV Live SD (and even MTV Classics and MTV Music), here is where it might go on the EPG:

309: MTV Live (New)
310: MTV Live HD
311: MTV
312: MTV HD (New)
313: VIVA
314: MTV Music (New)
315: MTV Base
316: MTV Classic (New)
317: MTV Htis
319: MTV Dance
320: VH1
325: MTV Rocks
Old 10-02-2012, 15:18   #1254
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby53 View Post
Sorry if this is a bit thick but if ITV can have regional news running why can't the BBC do the same?
ITV have 'super regions' i.e. each ITV HD region covers a bigger area so some people do get the 'wrong' news.

I would guess that the BBC reckon (probably correctly) that they would get far too many complaints if they did that - 'I pay my licence fee and you can't give me my news' etc.

Old 10-02-2012, 15:23   #1255
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
ITV have 'super regions' i.e. each ITV HD region covers a bigger area so some people do get the 'wrong' news.

I would guess that the BBC reckon (probably correctly) that they would get far too many complaints if they did that - 'I pay my licence fee and you can't give me my news' etc.

Would these super-regions change if ITV lost their Channel 3 broadcasting franchises, also have the Channel 3 franchises themselfs merged?
Old 10-02-2012, 15:26   #1256
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Would these super-regions change if ITV lost their Channel 3 broadcasting franchises, also have the Channel 3 franchises themselfs merged?
I have no idea. From what people have said, the only reason ITV are doing it on ITV HD are for technical reasons. I believe STV HD do the same and only carry one variation of the Scottish news
Old 10-02-2012, 15:28   #1257
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I have no idea. From what people have said, the only reason ITV are doing it on ITV HD are for technical reasons. I believe STV HD do the same and only carry one variation of the Scottish news
ITV HD is now called ITV1 HD!
Old 10-02-2012, 15:37   #1258
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Hopefully another series of Blackadder
Yes that would be nice.
Old 10-02-2012, 15:39   #1259
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes that would be nice.
But it is unlikely:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackadder#Future
Old 10-02-2012, 18:02   #1260
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Basically the BBC have to offer the Same service on ALL platforms, they have to be impartial, so whilst they could offer regional news on BBC 1 HD via Virgin, they couldn't do it on Freesat, there just aint enough HD mux's available to them. ITV sort of fudged the issue, for instance if you Live in Leeds, you get your news from Manchester on ITV HD 1, now i bet that goes down well.
Closed Thread