Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The General Cricket Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The General Cricket Thread
Closed Thread

Old 21-02-2012, 18:19   #1156
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
He has denphone its Englands to lose from here on in.

Saaf is now with his hands in his head refusing even to put the sports news bulletins on.
Well there are always the morning papers for him to perouse.
Old 21-02-2012, 18:21   #1157
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well there are always the morning papers for him to perouse.
Headlines "How Pakistan threw the one day series"

Old 21-02-2012, 18:36   #1158
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Headlines "How Pakistan threw the one day series"
Are you doing interviews tonight Saaf as it will be very interesting to listen to your comments.
Old 21-02-2012, 18:38   #1159
richard1960

Quote:
Are you doing interviews tonight Saaf as it will be very interesting to listen to your comments.
The only comments i have are "The best team won" Saaf.

Old 21-02-2012, 21:22   #1160
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
The only comments i have are "The best team won" Saaf.

Indeed - England were the best team in the one day series. Pakistan batted extremely poor in all 4 matches, not enough players fulfilling their potential. I think they got carried away from the test series win.

Anyway let's bring on the T20s. At the start of the series I thought this would be the only format Pakistan had a chance in against England, so I'm not too sad.
Old 23-02-2012, 16:15   #1161
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Come on PAkistan!
Old 23-02-2012, 16:18   #1162
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
Come on PAkistan!
Come on England and another whitewash methinks.
Old 23-02-2012, 16:33   #1163
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Quote:
Come on England and another whitewash methinks.
It's all about the test matches though isn't it. Real cricket
Old 23-02-2012, 16:54   #1164
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Yes l do agree with you on that but just remember what comes round usually comes round on the other foot in the end and England and its shores awaits for your test heroes down the road and l suspect a heavy defeat awaits as well.

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

Well Pakistan are up to their old tricks again as they lose a 5th wicket and are now 77-5.
Old 23-02-2012, 22:00   #1165
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Quote:

Well Pakistan are up to their old tricks again as they lose a 5th wicket and are now 77-5.

They thought they'd make the game interesting.....
Old 24-02-2012, 05:44   #1166
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
They thought they'd make the game interesting.....
Well give praise where praise is due and well we have got to give you a chance here or there.
Old 24-02-2012, 14:02   #1167
richard1960

Quote:
not going to denegrate 20/20 stuff but i prefer the Test and 50 over games! to me i have just started to get into the game when its over.!

Horses for courses though i must be indeed i am one of the old guard.

Old 24-02-2012, 14:11   #1168
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

I love 20/20. I wish they were showing both remaining games over the weekend though, as opposed to the 3rd next week.

Did you notice the significant increase in supporters and a much better world cup-esque atmosphere in the ground.
Old 24-02-2012, 14:24   #1169
richard1960

Quote:
I love 20/20. I wish they were showing both remaining games over the weekend though, as opposed to the 3rd next week.

Did you notice the significant increase in supporters and a much better world cup-esque atmosphere in the ground.
Yep i agree with you about showing the remaining games over the weekend that would have made much more sense IMO.

I certainly noticed the increased number of supporters and atmosphere and i know 20/20 is very popular in the sub continent /middle east as well as at my own county Essex and i do go to matches, we had a double header at chelmsford last year Englands Ladies take on New Zealand ladies and afterwards we watched Essex v Hampshire.

I guess i just prefer a full days play rather then a few hours though.

The 20/20 game has certainly bought increased attendances though.

Old 25-02-2012, 17:52   #1170
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Well Pakistan chasing 151 to win in the second T20 international have started very poorly and are 4-2 already.