Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Playstation Home Exclusive Invitation

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Playstation Home Exclusive Invitation

Old 28-11-2008, 12:11   #1
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Playstation Home Exclusive Invitation

Anyone else get an email from Playstation last night with an 'exclusive' invite code to download Home?

Email is below:

Quote:
PlayStation Home is a 3D, interactive, evolving service, exclusive to PS3™. It's free to download and easy to use.

To take part please redeem your unique promotional code below using your PLAYSTATION 3 and join us in Home.

How to redeem your Promotional code and access Home

If you haven’t already done so, register for an account on PlayStation®Network, then follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your PlayStation®Network account via your PLAYSTATION®3 system.

2. Once signed in, select [Account Management].

3. Choose [Redeem Code]

4. Enter your x character promotion code and select [Continue].
NOTE: promotion codes are case sensitive and must be entered exactly as displayed.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to redeem the promotion code.

[Code removed for obvious reasons]
Redemption expiry date: 01/12/2008

Note: Promotional codes can only be used once.

Please understand that your participation is subject to our Terms of Use which will be presented to you the first time you connect to Home. Please keep all discussion of your experiences within Home limited to the official SCEE forums or within Home itself.

Visit SCEE’s PlayStation forums here:
http://community.eu.playstation.com

Welcome to PlayStation Home.

Yours,

PlayStation Home Community Team

================================================== ===============================

Please note that this is an automated e-mail, so replies to this address cannot be responded to.

©2008 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-11-2008, 12:33   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Playstation Home Exclusive Invitation

No I didn't get one.

Did you try it ? is it it actually any good?

There will be an open beta before the end of the year anyway so don't mind too much if I don't get on the closed beta.
Old 28-11-2008, 12:39   #3
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

Got it as I was going to bed last night, so haven't had a look. Will have a look when I get home and let you all know.
Old 28-11-2008, 12:54   #4
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Yep I posted asking in the PS store update thread. There was around 500,000 codes sent lastnight from 5pm until late in the morning.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 18:24   #5
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Yep I posted asking in the PS store update thread. There was around 500,000 codes sent lastnight from 5pm until late in the morning.
Must have been a completely random selection.
Old 28-11-2008, 18:30   #6
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Bubble View Post
Must have been a completely random selection.
It was announced a couple days back. They were going to send them monday and there email filter took it as spam so most failed to get through. They resent them lastnight with thursdays planned invites. It was around 500,00 invites I believe.

Its to stress test the servers. Open beta for everyone is just a couple weeks off now to.
Old 28-11-2008, 19:11   #7
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

It does also say you aren't supposed to discuss it with anyone outside of Home or the Home forums

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

But I did get one
Old 28-11-2008, 19:23   #8
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
It does also say you aren't supposed to discuss it with anyone outside of Home or the Home forums

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

But I did get one
Were only saying if we have it or not. supposidly the NDA has been lifted anyway. Plus it shows up on your PSN name lol. Either way nothing being said apart from confirmation of having it.
Old 28-11-2008, 21:05   #9
Paranoimia
Inactive

Paranoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really nice

Had it for a few days. Pretty boring at the moment, since there's nothing really available.

But I like what I've seen, and the potential is huge!
Paranoimia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 21:09   #10
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

So what does everyone think? Personally, pretty, but bland. Glorified chat room with money-making possibilities for Sony as people fork out money for furniture & appartments in a virtual world. Nothing in the shops at the moment, which is disappointing. Maybe they should have given us all x amount of points or whatever and let us buy some things. 1 good thing is the echochrome game in the bowling alley. Ok, that's my hour on the PS3 for the next 3 months!
Old 28-11-2008, 21:41   #11
icestar2
Inactive

The thing is at the moment its easy to become bored. Its not so bad if you have your friends on and I believe its really good for getting groups together and launching games. Not Home game PS3 games.

It is only small at the minute and even then alot of the features are not yet being used but I think it has massive potential especially with the club's that you can join of your favorite games etc etc.
Old 29-11-2008, 00:17   #12
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I've had it since Saturday.

Found it very boring so far, & rather lifeless & pointless.

There simply isn't enough to do. All a bit "meh" at the moment.

While I understand that it's just a Beta, & there is certainly potential for it to be a whole lot more, I really don't get why it has taken them so long to come up with this...

Still...Open Beta by the end of the year, plus allegedly a "big update" within a week or so...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 00:35   #13
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I've had it since Saturday.

Found it very boring so far, & rather lifeless & pointless.

There simply isn't enough to do. All a bit "meh" at the moment.

While I understand that it's just a Beta, & there is certainly potential for it to be a whole lot more, I really don't get why it has taken them so long to come up with this...

Still...Open Beta by the end of the year, plus allegedly a "big update" within a week or so...

I just think that even when they've put things in the shops and added more arcade games and some movies, it's just going to be something that people skip, unless they want to chat with friends. It's just a huge amount of effort to create this 'thing' that everyone will tire of in a week or two.
Old 29-11-2008, 00:37   #14
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

So how do you explain Second Life?

Personally I agree with you. Why do I want to sit online pretending to be at bar/cinema/bowling alley
Old 29-11-2008, 00:43   #15
icestar2
Inactive

What people seem to be missing is it will be used to create groups and launch games with friends all from the same place. You can join clubs for your favorite games and I would expect with this you can run compertitions and challenges with friends and other fans of the games etc etc

These are all things that will help it. At the moment is very basic as its only a Stress Test. The clubs etc etc are what I'm looking forward to. If its done right it could be great.