Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Bakers who refused to make 'gay cake' say they felt 'victimised'

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Bakers who refused to make 'gay cake' say they felt 'victimised'

Old 07-01-2022, 18:46   #196
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Bakers who refused to make 'gay cake' say they felt 'victimised'

Well as my niece is in a same-sex relationship, her and many of her friends would never go near the place, even if it was that or nothing.

As would I.
Old 07-01-2022, 19:48   #197
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Well as my niece is in a same-sex relationship, her and many of her friends would never go near the place, even if it was that or nothing.

As would I.
And that is as it should be - personal choice.

Nobody should be permitted a right to inflict their own views on others.
Old 08-01-2022, 22:08   #198
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It’s not unusual for a business to have an ethos which it expects its employees to have due regard to. There are plenty of companies, for example, that explicitly identify themselves as vegan and cite ethical reasons for being so. They may or may not insist their employees are vegan (though that might not be legal) but they will expect employees to toe the line and be sufficiently in sympathy with the company’s aims and objectives to be able to do their jobs, whether that be product design, communication, sales or marketing or whatever.
Yeah, good point about the vegan thing although I think that is then part of that company branding in a way this objection to gay marriage isn't but I can see the company having an ethos.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote