Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Fair Usage Policy Vivid 200 ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Fair Usage Policy Vivid 200 ?

Old 22-04-2017, 23:05   #1
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road
Fair Usage Policy Vivid 200 ?

Hello (I just posted this on the Virgin Media support forum too)

This evening I have been getting 1-50 meg on my Vivid 200 connection and 500ms pings. Normally I always get full speed and no ping issues.

I called up technical support on 150 and was told that my download has exceeded some limits and so my connection is being throttled. I explained that I'm pretty sure this only applies to upload, but he said that I had broken the Fair Usage Policy and my account says "the customer is being traffic managed as they have used all of their data allowance".

He was adamant that both my download/upload were now restricted. But also said my general usage was low (e.g. 2 GB yesterday). Apparently there is a work order WO: 37507830 against it. The person I spoke to was called Rapan.

Any ideas whether this is true or he has misunderstood the FUP and actually I just have a fault restricting my download?

Appreciate any advice

Last edited by david_w2k; 22-04-2017 at 23:08.
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-04-2017, 02:10   #2
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack
Re: Fair Usage Policy Vivid 200???

Defo something up. im getting a ping of 291ms and that's the furthest server i can get on speednet.. Dunedin in New Zealand ..

Lower Ping should be expected if you are pinging a Uk server..

Local Server 9ms:

London 22ms:

Getting Traffic managed would affect download/upload speed while throttled but it would not affect your ping.
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 09:49   #3
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_w2k View Post
Hello (I just posted this on the Virgin Media support forum too)

This evening I have been getting 1-50 meg on my Vivid 200 connection and 500ms pings. Normally I always get full speed and no ping issues.

I called up technical support on 150 and was told that my download has exceeded some limits and so my connection is being throttled. I explained that I'm pretty sure this only applies to upload, but he said that I had broken the Fair Usage Policy and my account says "the customer is being traffic managed as they have used all of their data allowance".

He was adamant that both my download/upload were now restricted. But also said my general usage was low (e.g. 2 GB yesterday). Apparently there is a work order WO: 37507830 against it. The person I spoke to was called Rapan.

Any ideas whether this is true or he has misunderstood the FUP and actually I just have a fault restricting my download?

Appreciate any advice
Either he's lied to you or you're on one of the packages that has an actual download cap. Double check you're not on this (doesn't look like you are) and ensure you've not been put on it at some point thinking you were getting a good deal from retentions or whatever.

I'd call up again and speak to someone else.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 13:10   #4
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your replies. Definitely on Vivid 200 and no changes to my package.

Never had speed issues before, but this is really noticeable. On the speed test it sits at 1-2 meg for a few seconds and then spikes up.

david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 13:35   #5
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Give someone else a call, I think the FUP excuse is rubbish.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 13:40   #6
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Are you doing heavy uploading at the same time as the test?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 20:41   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I wouldn't waste any more time on this to be fair dude. If it has only just started this evening I would give it the benefit of doubt and at the very least wait till tomorrow morning to see if it has been resolved. There are a number of reasons why it could be flaky this evening and the fact that there is a work order in place might indicate some work is going on somewhere which would affect your connection.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote