Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Single thread/stream download problems

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Single thread/stream download problems

Old 07-12-2016, 22:03   #31
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation
Re: Single thread/stream download problems

Here's one from my 200/12 with 12 down 2 up channels on RiverDelta CMTS

It sure seems to be a worsening problem and TBB's monthly data this month is showing a 46% decrease in average peak time single thread speeds in November which is significantly worse than October and September, I believe the data during June/July only showed a 26.5% decrease in the evenings.
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-12-2016, 00:47   #32
RainmakerRaw
cf.addict

Services: Gig1
RainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of light

VM have finally posted officially on their forum's thread addressing this issue. It doesn't explain how or why, but does at least admit it's a problem and says it'll be resolved with upcoming network upgrades. So... 2025 then.
Old 16-12-2016, 21:30   #33
The PIT
Inactive

The PIT will become famous soon enoughThe PIT will become famous soon enoughThe PIT will become famous soon enough

Well it's not a hardware issue which then indicates it's some of broken traffic management or management they didn't expect someone to notice.
Remember originally before more people complained the answer was "this is by design" which makes sense if this applied to areas which are busy.
I'm in Sheffield which always has capacity issues so it makes sense to limit traffic to prevent congestion.
However if it is deliberate traffic policy they are then misleading customers again as the only way to use your full bandwidth is use software which opens multiple connections to the source.
The PIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 20:40   #34
The PIT
Inactive

The PIT will become famous soon enoughThe PIT will become famous soon enoughThe PIT will become famous soon enough

LOL Finally got a response from virgin on their forums.
They won't have it that it also effects other kit.
So despite them checking my hub and seeing zero problems I've got to start a duplicate thread and put my tests results in there.
The PIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 20:34   #35
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Those of you who still haven't been switched to a new CMTS (like myself), are you still having slow single thread speeds?

Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 20:47   #36
JordanTheToaster
I Toast Bread

Services: Vivid 350?
JordanTheToaster is on a distinguished roadJordanTheToaster is on a distinguished road

Ayy

JordanTheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 20:55   #37
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation

I still have the single thread issue (old CMTS still), t's very annoying considering the price of the service but there's not really another option!
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote