Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 18-05-2013, 16:58   #1516
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Oh Chad dear chap your master still has much to do to learn you the proper meaning of all that is good in this world but come over to us and pledge yourself to our teachings and you will be saved forever from the doom of Skydor.
But who will spread the love of 50% off codes if I return to Virgin? If only every TV provider would give new customer 50% off for a full year I wouldn't be so torn.

I'm going to start a 50% off for a year campaign over on the Virgin Community Forum. Let's shake up the TV market!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-05-2013, 17:05   #1517
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

We got a letter offering us VIP for £99 plus £14.99 line rental.
We already have VIP for £114.55 including rental
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 17:13   #1518
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Raised the 50% issue off at the Virgin community forum:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...e/td-p/1844782

Let's see what feedback and abuse I get Would love to see some guys from here posting their thoughts on the matter, positive and negative. I'm not asking Virgin to do anything they haven't done before, I'm just asking that they do it more often.
Old 18-05-2013, 17:13   #1519
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Unlim up2 20mb BB, Unlim Anytime Phone and upfront line rental on BT, plus Sky World HD is £99.50 (£83.50 for 6 months). £15.05 saving. (£31.05 saving for 6 months)
if can get sky half price = £66.60 (£50.60 for 6 months)
£670.80 saving over next 12 months
Old 18-05-2013, 17:22   #1520
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulsontom View Post
Unlim up2 20mb BB, Unlim Anytime Phone and upfront line rental on BT, plus Sky World HD is £99.50 (£83.50 for 6 months). £15.05 saving. (£31.05 saving for 6 months)
if can get sky half price = £66.60 (£50.60 for 6 months)
£670.80 saving over next 12 months
Here is the deal I got 6 months ago. My broadband speed is only about 16Mb however it's totally unlimited with very consistent speeds and just £3.75 per month! Remember this includes ESPN:

Old 18-05-2013, 17:24   #1521
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Just to prove a point, l was with Sky for many years and the price was approx £50 in the time l have been with VM it has only gone up to £72 they normally increase by £1 / £2 per year which is cheap.

How can VM justify increasing the price THREE times over a period of eighteen months that everyone has spoken about.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 17:25   #1522
coulsontom
Inactive

Good Deal.

But £66.60 includes BT!
Old 18-05-2013, 17:35   #1523
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Good Deal.

But £66.60 includes BT!
Sorry I missed that.

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
How can VM justify increasing the price THREE times over a period of eighteen months that everyone has spoken about.
I agree. That was the final straw for me. I'd seen my package jump up by almost £11.00 per month in a 10 month period without seeing any real significant change to my services.

The problem is Virgin increase their prices, people moan but people end up staying and paying the new price. People will phone retention's threatening to leave over the price increase but in the end don't. People post on virgin Facebook page and Twitter page threatening to leave over price increases but don't. Why would Virgin worry about future price increases? They know people like to moan but can't be bothered switching provider.
Old 18-05-2013, 19:45   #1524
coulsontom
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Don't want a dish and my street isn't fibre enabled and won't be for some time.

4mb is 15x less than 60mb and 2 tuners is less than 3, unless you're stupid.

Plus are Sky going to offer me a recordable multiroom box free for the life of my contract?
On This point as just discovered.

You can get a 2TB HD Box in 1 room for £149 one off cost
and a normal Sky + HD (250gb) box in the 2nd room for free and £10.25pm
Old 18-05-2013, 20:27   #1525
Jameseh

Quote:
On This point as just discovered.

You can get a 2TB HD Box in 1 room for £149 one off cost
and a normal Sky + HD (250gb) box in the 2nd room for free and £10.25pm
So £10.25pm versus £0.00pm.
Old 18-05-2013, 20:49   #1526
coulsontom
Inactive

Quote:
So £10.25pm versus £0.00pm.
Yes.

I was just showing you the option that was available in terms of space and equipment size.

One thing I never quite understood about that offer for the free V+hd "for life" was what "life" meant. Does it mean until you cancel or for the rest of time?

Overall the Sky package works out cheaper when grouped with other things. (100mb virgin internet is only giving us 11mb)
Old 18-05-2013, 21:09   #1527
Jameseh

Quote:
One thing I never quite understood about that offer for the free V+hd "for life" was what "life" meant. Does it mean until you cancel or for the rest of time?
Until you remove TV XL.

Quote:
Overall the Sky package works out cheaper when grouped with other things. (100mb virgin internet is only giving us 11mb)
Well you should have rang Virgin the day you first noticed it.
Old 18-05-2013, 21:12   #1528
coulsontom
Inactive

Quote:
Until you remove TV XL.

Well you should have rang Virgin the day you first noticed it.
That was on a speed test I did an hour ago.
Sometimes it reaches 40+ got 60 once.

Can I ask another question, when you cancel Virgin (and send back the TiVo), can you keep the box to watch freeview channels?
Old 18-05-2013, 21:14   #1529
Jameseh

Quote:
That was on a speed test I did an hour ago.
Sometimes it reaches 40+ got 60 once.
Again, if its anywhere near that low, why haven't you complained.

Quote:
Can I ask another question, when you cancel Virgin (and send back the TiVo), can you keep the box to watch freeview channels?
If you keep Virgin internet and phone you can get TV M for free which is basically Freeview, yes.
Old 18-05-2013, 21:16   #1530
coulsontom
Inactive

Quote:
Again, if its anything that low, why haven't you complained.

If you keep Virgin internet and phone you can get TV M for free which is basically Freeview, yes.
Ah right, thanks ok.

I thought that it was normal not to get outright 100mb.
Plus to be honest I think a lot of it is down to the computer. Most of those speed test things use flash to run them which doesn't run well on my laptop.