Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | channel 4 & 5 missing?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Digital TV Services Discussion

ITV 3 - freeview problem

Old 02-11-2004, 20:30   #1
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Question ITV 3 - freeview problem

Has anyone else had a problem with viewing ITV3 on freeview?

I can hear it just fine, but not actually SEE it

I've retuned the box - and done a full reset.

Still no joy.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2004, 20:31   #2
Graham F
Inactive

Graham F has reached the bronze age
Graham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze age
Re: ITV 3 - freeview problem

what make of box u got?

has this just started or is has it been like that all day?
Graham F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 20:35   #3
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby
what make of box u got?

has this just started or is has it been like that all day?
It's a sagem box....

Unfortunately it's also the box I have at work and I'm not back there till friday...

It was like that all day...

ALL the other channels work just fine tho.
Old 02-11-2004, 20:36   #4
Graham F
Inactive

Graham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze age

well i work for daewoo and was watching itv3 on there freeview box just fine!! you haven't deslected the channel on favorites or anything have you?
Old 02-11-2004, 20:38   #5
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
well i work for daewoo and was watching itv3 on there freeview box just fine!! you haven't deslected the channel on favorites or anything have you?
Nope, nothing like that

Thanks for your help btw
Old 02-11-2004, 20:41   #6
Graham F
Inactive

where abts do you live and can you see itv 2 on channel 6 ok?
Old 02-11-2004, 20:51   #7
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
where abts do you live and can you see itv 2 on channel 6 ok?
I live in bedfordshire, Yup I can see itv2 ok.... I live in Sandy which is only about 4km from the Sandy Heath transmitter.
Old 02-11-2004, 20:53   #8
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

I went up to my mum's earlier today and updated her freeview box, ITV 3 worked perfectly, channel 34.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 20:54   #9
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
I went up to my mum's earlier today and updated her freeview box, ITV 3 worked perfectly, channel 34.
Must be the box then. Oh well
Old 02-11-2004, 20:57   #10
Graham F
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
Must be the box then. Oh well
seems strange that all the rest of your channels are fine, usually if its the box it would have trouble putting all of the multiplex on to the box but you have itv2 which is on the same one!!

weird
Old 02-11-2004, 20:59   #11
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
seems strange that all the rest of your channels are fine, usually if its the box it would have trouble putting all of the multiplex on to the box but you have itv2 which is on the same one!!

weird

It is peculiar, The audio stream works just fine, that's what's really weird.
Old 03-11-2004, 18:50   #12
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Ok, so I go round the mother in law's house tonight as she has a bush freeview box. Guess what? Only audio on ITV3 on there too..

I'm getting really confused now. I think I'm gonna call freeview and bbc tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2004, 23:50   #13
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
Ok, so I go round the mother in law's house tonight as she has a bush freeview box. Guess what? Only audio on ITV3 on there too..

I'm getting really confused now. I think I'm gonna call freeview and bbc tomorrow.
Any developments Dill ?
Old 05-11-2004, 00:51   #14
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
Any developments Dill ?
I was told to call the manufacturor of the boxes.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:44   #15
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

update.

It started working yesterday!!!

I flicked over and it was ok. apparently it's now ok on the mother in law's box too...

Maybe a transmitter problem?

Anyway it's ok now