Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Please document any V6 issues here.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Please document any V6 issues here.

Old 15-05-2017, 13:23   #286
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

I agree with OLD BOY (and it's not often that happens!). You have some problem with your LAN and/or Powerlines.

To be honest, I didn't reply to your Friday post because I couldn't work out what you had connected where. But you suggested the V6 was the one thing working, which kind of ruled out a V6 problem. A drawing may make it clearer.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-05-2017, 09:02   #287
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies guys.

As both Tivos and the superhub were installed by Virgin, I would think they would come out OB, but I'm not holding my breath!

Having the lounge connected by ethernet cable today.
Hope that helps.....The Tivo In the bedroom will still be on powerline so
whether they'll play nicely together is anyone's guess.
dazed&confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 21:43   #288
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

Bbc iPlayer screen goes black and have to restart box to fix the problem
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2017, 08:36   #289
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Curiouser and Curiouser said Alice. Ethernet successfully installed. All devices running OK Tried to connect the two boxes No joy. Then tried running a 25m cable direct from the superhub to the second box. Now both boxes connected to the same hub no powerline. No joy.
Disconnected the ethernet cable put back the original cable connected to the powerline and guess what.....................Yes playing nicely No idea why.
dazed&confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2017, 18:22   #290
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post
Curiouser and Curiouser said Alice. Ethernet successfully installed. All devices running OK Tried to connect the two boxes No joy. Then tried running a 25m cable direct from the superhub to the second box. Now both boxes connected to the same hub no powerline. No joy.
Disconnected the ethernet cable put back the original cable connected to the powerline and guess what.....................Yes playing nicely No idea why.

Dodgy/Loose connection - resolved by disconnecting and re-connecting?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 16:46   #291
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I keep finding that my remote isn't carrying out commands as expected, in the way that they can misbehave when the batteries are running low.

Changing the batteries hasn't helped however

Also, someone else wants to know if they would still be able to play their recordings indefinitely once their internet connection is lost.

I believe that SP once said that they would play for a short time before becoming unavailable in these circumstances, but could be getting confused with something else.

Obviously, VOD stops working immediately.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 21:32   #292
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I keep finding that my remote isn't carrying out commands as expected, in the way that they can misbehave when the batteries are running low.

Also, someone else wants to know if they would still be able to play their recordings indefinitely once their internet connection is lost.

I believe that SP once said that they would play for a short time before becoming unavailable in these circumstances, but could be getting confused with something else.

Obviously, VOD stops working immediately.
It's worth reporting, Richard. It may well be your remote.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 12:16   #293
Impith
Inactive

Impith is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

I had exactly this issue - I made a quick call to customer services, and about three days later I had a nice new working remote. No quibbles, no hassle.
Impith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 13:17   #294
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Thank you- I'll give them a call
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 10:18   #295
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Had Soccer special on SSN last night when I went to change channels nothing happened changed the batteries in the remote I even used the one from the 2nd V6 again nothing

I had to do a full switch off and back on again to get it working no idea what the issue was
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:39   #296
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

I decided to see if my V6 works over wifi and found a strange problem. It connects happily over 2.4G but wont connect over 5G. The only odd thing I can find is that the SSID has a "minus" in it. All the other devices that use wifi have no problem with the minus in the SSID.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:53   #297
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I have a '-' in both my 2.4 and 5GHz networks - they each have their own name as I added a '5' to the end of one.

Not had any issues connecting to 5GHz only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
I decided to see if my V6 works over wifi and found a strange problem. It connects happily over 2.4G but wont connect over 5G. The only odd thing I can find is that the SSID has a "minus" in it. All the other devices that use wifi have no problem with the minus in the SSID.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 14:14   #298
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

I changed the SSID name and it connected once and after that refuses to but will connect to the 2.5G OK. Perhaps it want to be rebooted when you change things? Anyway its now back on the Ethernet.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 17:29   #299
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I'm the same 2.4GHz works fine, but 5GHz is pants, maybe because the 2.4 signal goes further, not really sure though..
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 17:42   #300
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I'm the same 2.4GHz works fine, but 5GHz is pants, maybe because the 2.4 signal goes further, not really sure though..
And yet for me, it's the reverse, and only the 5Ghz works properly with my V6s.

As Spider says, it seems to vary according to the local environment.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote