Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 07-08-2017, 09:01   #4891
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

I thought that as well. The other thing I was thing in the back of my mind was how the whole place was managed. They said the humans were in charge but it it appeared to be massive yet made of up various extensions/chunks over the years and I couldn't wrap my head around how they would power and maintain the whole thing and actively circulate air round it. It is one of those things that seem to exist because of the idea of it and without any thought as to whether it could actually exist. That was my bug with the film from the get go but once I settles into it I charged my frame of mind and just took it as a scifi film where things exist that may not be explained right now. With regards to the water coming out of that aquatic farming section, (and the pressure it would have come out at) I assumed they would have safe guards in place and some kind of force field in the event of a hull breach.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2017, 22:52   #4892
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

The Purge: Anarchy - 7/10
more of a dumb action film than the first, but quite exciting, if a bit silly
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 23:01   #4893
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

The Purge: Election year - 7/10
Like the previous one, a silly but enjoyable action film.
Don't know what we'll watch next, should probably mix it up a bti and watch something "good"
Old 14-08-2017, 23:29   #4894
admars
cf.mega poster

The Dark Knight Rises has been on our pending pile since it came out on Blu Ray(we didn't get round to it at cinema), so we watched Batman Begins, next we'll watch The Dark Night again.

Batman Begins was as good as I remember, still a solid 10/10
Old 15-08-2017, 06:48   #4895
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Delta Force - 8/10.
Years since I have seen this, a good enjoyable Chuck Norris action film.

Valerian - 7/10.
Entertaining Sci-Fi, but weird in places, and while I know sci-fi isnt real, I expect them to at least try and make it all believable - which parts of this were not, like when he took the short cut, doing a ton of damage, and yet no massive liquid leaks, and no mention of the carnage caused.
Lone Wolf McQuade was one of my favourite Chuck Norris films.
Old 15-08-2017, 09:05   #4896
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
The Dark Knight Rises has been on our pending pile since it came out on Blu Ray(we didn't get round to it at cinema), so we watched Batman Begins, next we'll watch The Dark Night again.

Batman Begins was as good as I remember, still a solid 10/10
this is one of those occasions when you have missed out big time. I went to see all of them at the cinema and I agree that Batman Begins is 10/10, it is a fantastic origin story and probably the best one I have ever seen. It made the second one a must see at the cinema and at the time I think it broke the world record for highest opening weekend ever.

You should take a look at mine and Pauleh's movie list for this year (and there will be another one for next year as well), watch the trailers and make your own list of films you want to go and see at the cinema. The list isn't a I list I make willy nilly for every film coming out, it is purely for this reason and your example that I started making it about 15 years ago. I got really annoyed that I would watch films when they came out on video/dvd and thought "****, I wish I had been to see that at the cinema" so every year I now watch all the trailers and make a list of films that I want to see at the cinema so I can truly enjoy and appreciate them. I went to the cinema a lot anyway to see the big releases but there was always one or two that slipped through the net (the most annoying being The Last Samurai).
Old 15-08-2017, 10:24   #4897
admars
cf.mega poster

We saw Batman Begins and Dark Knight at cinema but circumstances change so going to cinema isn't so much of an option any more. We used to go at least once a month
Old 15-08-2017, 23:54   #4898
admars
cf.mega poster

Dark Knight 9.5/10, Still really good, but tries to be a bit too clever, and a few too many silly bits and doesn't flow quite as well as the first one, but still really good. ppl bang on about Ledger, but I forget how good Morgan Freeman is in these films as well
Old 16-08-2017, 00:03   #4899
General Maximus
Ran Away

Morgan Freeman is my second favourite actor ever, my first being Denzel Washington.
Old 16-08-2017, 23:51   #4900
admars
cf.mega poster

The Dark Knight Rises 9/10
Really enjoyed it, I remember when it came out ppl moaned about it, Bane mostly I think or maybe were just disappointed by it, but we liked it, even if it did have a bit too much cheesiness in places.
Old 17-08-2017, 14:37   #4901
admars
cf.mega poster

Cars 3 7/10
Am mixing it up a bit now the missus got some free cinema tickets so took the kids to see it. I think they all enjoyed it more than me, haven't seen cars 2, and saw Cars 1 at cinema but not seen since then. I think it has the same problem as the first, the characters aren't as interesting or as likeable as Toy Story etc, and parts of it seem like a tech demo of how talented the team is.

I enjoyed the short before it, that was really good.
Old 29-08-2017, 14:54   #4902
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Mediocre to rubbish - can't remember the last really decent film I saw.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 23:31   #4903
General Maximus
Ran Away

I have just been to see T2: Judgement Day at the cinema in 4K remastered 3D and it was superb. I was too young to see it when it first came out and I can remember my parents going to see it, coming back and telling me how good it was and I had to wait for it to come out to rent (on tape). It is was amazing to see it in all its glory and you could easily release it today as a new movie and not change anything and it would still be great. I hope they do more of this and bring back the blockbusters from the 80s and 90s to watch on the big screen again. Who wouldn't want to see Aliens at the cinema?
Old 29-08-2017, 23:44   #4904
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Same as you mate. Just out of a showing. It looked amazing and thanks to practical effects still looks great.

There was a trailer for the rerelease of Close Encounters due next month too.

Aliens was out last year with the first one I think. Cineworld used to due showings of classic films a lot. Got to see Blues Brothers and Ghostbusters a few years back.
Old 29-08-2017, 23:53   #4905
General Maximus
Ran Away

Interesting, i didnt see Aliens advertised last year and there defo wasnt a trailer for Close Encounters this evening. I'll check the advanced dates tomorrow because i am in bed now