Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | No, it can't be, they haven't....have they?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

No, it can't be, they haven't....have they?

Old 29-09-2013, 20:17   #16
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: No, it can't be, they haven't....have they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
That's the one I found on Google when I searched, too....
Correct Hugh , that's how I found it however I knew there were products out there as a friend has two units one with four satellite tuners and another with two satellite tuners and one terrestrial.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-09-2013, 20:41   #17
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Its about time Tivo can finally do this. One thing i dont miss when i had Tivo.
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 22:08   #18
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
There's this one that comes with two , it has an expandable slot were another two can be fitted , meaning you can record three whilst watching a fourth.

http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/v...htm#vuplusduo2
...and such good value at £670 for the 1TB, 4 tuner version. I wonder what the out-of-warranty maintenance charge is?

I'll stick to my 1TB, 3 tuner TiVo.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 22:38   #19
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
...and such good value at £670 for the 1TB, 4 tuner version. I wonder what the out-of-warranty maintenance charge is?

I'll stick to my 1TB, 3 tuner TiVo.
You asked 'when did satellite receivers get three tuners ?' I merely pointed out that there were satellite receivers out there capable of recording on 3 tuners , I agree its not something I'd buy way too expensive plus there's no legal way of getting it to work in the UK with Sky's pay TV services I believe. I'd suspect its used by people with motorised dishes or other uses.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 22:52   #20
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
You asked 'when did satellite receivers get three tuners ?' I merely pointed out that there were satellite receivers out there capable of recording on 3 tuners , I agree its not something I'd buy way too expensive plus there's no legal way of getting it to work in the UK with Sky's pay TV services I believe. I'd suspect its used by people with motorised dishes or other uses.
Correct on all points. Lovely box thou from that site, looks good
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 08:47   #21
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I should be more precise.

So......

...the vast majority of Sky customers only have access to receivers with two tuners.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 12:44   #22
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Quote:
When did satellite receivers get three tuners?
Some have 4!

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

Quote:

So......

...the vast majority of Sky customers only have access to receivers with two tuners.
Plus if they have multi room the can set different recordings on two boxes and stream between them, it isn't as all locked in as it is made to sound.

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

Quote:

So......

Ps each tuner in most new recievers can record 3 programs off the same transponder, so in theory if the sata III hard drive can keep up you could be recording 12 channels at a time!
You get what you pay for I suppose.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 12:49   #23
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
Some have 4!

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

Plus if they have multi room the can set different recordings on two boxes and stream between them, it isn't as all locked in as it is made to sound.

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

Ps each tuner in most new recievers can record 3 programs off the same transponder, so in theory if the sata III hard drive can keep up you could be recording 12 channels at a time!
You get what you pay for I suppose.

But if they can't be used with Sky, aren't they pretty irrelevant to the UK Pay TV market? (which this forum is about)

Would they work with freesat?
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 17:56   #24
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Back to subject of this thread, this is excellent news and one of those really annoying issues now resolved as can now schedule your pre and post recording buffers and not be concerned if you overlap on the same channel. I still have cases where this happens with multiple recordings at the same time across several channels, so forcing me to look for a +1 channel or repeat showing, so just more work when it should be simpler to set up recordings. Seems to be quite a few changes coming through according to the support thread link below, looking good!

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...ight/true#M105
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:19   #25
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Have we all been updated yet?
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:41   #26
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
Have we all been updated yet?
No.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 13:23   #27
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
No.
Again thanks!
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 13:30   #28
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Only those on the Netflix pilot have the update right now so can see the other changes I believe. Should not be too long though before general update for all.
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote