Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 23:26   #61
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
SA aint coming to VM sooner the people accept this the better
You don't have any credible source for your )belief, do you? It is coming within the next two or three months, and it may be sooner than that.
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2013, 23:28   #62
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You don't have any credible source for your )belief, do you? It is coming within the next two or three months, and it may be sooner than that.
and where is your credible source saying that you don't have one do you the fact is no way will VM pay the over the top asking price sky are asking for SA and sky have never dropped price on anything unless forced to by Ofcom SA aint coming anytime soon and another reason sky don't want to make VM better value than sky which it would be if sky give SA to VM no way sky will want to lose customers to VM and remember sky think SA is a big selling point in people choosing sky other other platforms SA will only go to now tv no where else
Old 06-08-2013, 23:29   #63
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Whilst your asking Dave for his credible source you won't mind me asking you for yours ? It may well come who knows , certainly not us that's for sure.
Old 07-08-2013, 00:14   #64
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Quote:
and where is your credible source saying that you don't have one do you the fact is no way will VM pay the over the top asking price sky are asking for SA and sky have never dropped price on anything unless forced to by Ofcom SA aint coming anytime soon and another reason sky don't want to make VM better value than sky which it would be if sky give SA to VM no way sky will want to lose customers to VM and remember sky think SA is a big selling point in people choosing sky other other platforms SA will only go to now tv no where else
As I mentioned in a DS forum post, Sky make a loss on Atlantic excluding new subscriptions. If you base it on Ad Revenue/Rights alone, the viewing figures are too low. By being available on VM they have a guaranteed amount of money coming in each month. Most of their recent subscriptions in the last 1/2 months are probably for those wanting BT Sport, the buzz around Atlantic has died down a little.

If sky operated Atlantic and they didn't have any other channels and they didn't own a platform and it was getting the current amount of viewers it would crash and fall. The last few years the subscription uptake has helped fund that and I'm sure the guaranteed income from Virgin of probably keep it afloat.

If we said SD and HD came with SD at 25p per customer and HD at 30p per customer (baring in mind VM is now around £3 better off per customer a month at the moment)

4 million M+ to XL recieve SD = £1 million
1.8 million XL recieve HD = £540,000

So virgin pay Sky £1.5 million a month for Atlantic, if I was Sky I'd probably shake on that, it's equivalent to 77,000 basic Sky subscriptions without any additional cost. Especially now the hype for it has died down.

And before you say where would they get the money, Virgin used to pay ESPN (based on £3 per XL customer has quoted previously) £5.5 million (without any non-XL subs), so they have the more than enough money going spare.

Now TV is great but can you expect 154,000 people signing up? That what they would need to get the same amount of money as VM, plus they have additional costs involved in hosting the streams (they already host them with sky go, but the additional bandwidth required).
Old 07-08-2013, 00:25   #65
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
As I mentioned in a DS forum post, Sky make a loss on Atlantic excluding new subscriptions. If you base it on Ad Revenue/Rights alone, the viewing figures are too low. By being available on VM they have a guaranteed amount of money coming in each month. Most of their recent subscriptions in the last 1/2 months are probably for those wanting BT Sport, the buzz around Atlantic has died down a little.

If sky operated Atlantic and they didn't have any other channels and they didn't own a platform and it was getting the current amount of viewers it would crash and fall. The last few years the subscription uptake has helped fund that and I'm sure the guaranteed income from Virgin of probably keep it afloat.

If we said SD and HD came with SD at 25p per customer and HD at 30p per customer (baring in mind VM is now around £3 better off per customer a month at the moment)

4 million M+ to XL recieve SD = £1 million
1.8 million XL recieve HD = £540,000

So virgin pay Sky £1.5 million a month for Atlantic, if I was Sky I'd probably shake on that, it's equivalent to 77,000 basic Sky subscriptions without any additional cost. Especially now the hype for it has died down.

And before you say where would they get the money, Virgin used to pay ESPN (based on £3 per XL customer has quoted previously) £5.5 million (without any non-XL subs), so they have the more than enough money going spare.

Now TV is great but can you expect 154,000 people signing up? That what they would need to get the same amount of money as XL, plus they have additional costs involved in hosting the streams (they already host them with sky go, but the additional bandwidth required).
yes I have used that argument about SA in past that they make much more money but sky don't seem bothered about that there using it to try get people to get sky and I don't think they have changed there stance on SA
Old 07-08-2013, 00:56   #66
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Quote:
yes I have used that argument about SA in past that they make much more money but sky don't seem bothered about that there using it to try get people to get sky and I don't think they have changed there stance on SA
But the people who really want Atlantic would have moved by now, the latest new Sky subs are people who are moving for BT, now Sky are going to have to be reliant on advertising revenue, but even the biggest show around at the moment (Game of Thrones) has struggled to pull in over a million every week despite the fact the channel is available to 10 million people.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:07   #67
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
But the people who really want Atlantic would have moved by now, the latest new Sky subs are people who are moving for BT, now Sky are going to have to be reliant on advertising revenue, but even the biggest show around at the moment (Game of Thrones) has struggled to pull in over a million every week despite the fact the channel is available to 10 million people.
yes I agree lets hope I am wrong and it will come but I cant see it coming
Old 07-08-2013, 01:21   #68
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Whilst your asking Dave for his credible source you won't mind me asking you for yours ? It may well come who knows , certainly not us that's for sure.
Woah, Woah, Woah people.

This is the coming soon thread - The words 'credible' and 'sources' are banned on here
Old 07-08-2013, 01:28   #69
OB81
cf.member

Services: M Broadband XL Television
OB81 is an unknown quantity at this point

ESPN America removed from guide!
Old 07-08-2013, 01:30   #70
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB81 View Post
well that channel no more in uk only ESPN and ESPN HD now
Old 07-08-2013, 01:36   #71
JohnR5573
Inactive

Services: 120 Mb, TiVo plus 2 v+, xl TV, sports and movies, xl phone
JohnR5573 has a spectacular aura about themJohnR5573 has a spectacular aura about themJohnR5573 has a spectacular aura about themJohnR5573 has a spectacular aura about them

I am given it serious consideration to moving to sky, as I am a rugby fan and BT have the rights. I emailed the CEO's office and received a phone call today. I was not offered any reductions or offers, the woman I spoke to just apologised for the uncertainty and advised me to wait a bit longer before moving to sky as I am out of contract.
Whether she was just trying to keep me as a customer or there is news coming is any ones guess.
I'm happy to wait a bit longer though as the first match isn't till September. If no news by then I will find it hard not to switch. Although I would definitely miss TiVo, superior BB and guaranteed picture in bad wether.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:38   #72
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
ESPN Classic was removed too.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:55   #73
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
ESPN Classic was removed too.
But alas nothing added but lets hope that changes soon.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:00   #74
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR5573 View Post
I am given it serious consideration to moving to sky, as I am a rugby fan and BT have the rights. I emailed the CEO's office and received a phone call today. I was not offered any reductions or offers, the woman I spoke to just apologised for the uncertainty and advised me to wait a bit longer before moving to sky as I am out of contract.
Whether she was just trying to keep me as a customer or there is news coming is any ones guess.
I'm happy to wait a bit longer though as the first match isn't till September. If no news by then I will find it hard not to switch. Although I would definitely miss TiVo, superior BB and guaranteed picture in bad wether.
Ongoing theme here. This is what I find so unprofessional about VM. it's not the not being able to get the channel saga. I understand they're trying to get us the channel on the best terms.

It's just the ongoing lies from the company about it all

"we'll have good news in a few days"
"dont do anything yet we have a break through"
"expect information by the end of the week"
"hold tight dont leave virgin yet we have an announcement soon"

Again i don't care if they thought they would have a deal soon but then it collapsed. DO NOT HINT AT ANYTHING IF THERE IS A POSSIBILITY IT MAY NOT COME TRUE. It makes you look unprofessional, amateur, desperate/panicky to keep customers and makes the whole organisation look like its run by chuckles the clown.

Thats why i'm tempted to leave VM. i know they're trying to get us a good deal but its the amateur way they're calling me every day hinting at some sort of deal which quite clearly is never coming
Old 07-08-2013, 11:29   #75
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
During the days of NASN and the early years on ESPN America it was a great channel for all American Sports fans sadly it has gone down hill over the last year and now is no more.
Closed Thread