Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Schedule - Summer 2018

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Schedule - Summer 2018

Old 08-11-2017, 19:26   #31
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: TV Schedule - Fall 2017/2018

Just added Knightfall if you want to check it out. Looks very similar to Vikings apart from this is a British story.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2017, 22:11   #32
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I haven't made my mind up about Valor yet. At face value it is ok and I enjoy the military side of it but I think it is going to dig itself a hole and go OTT with the drama and conspiracy side of things.
Valor has been cancelled by the CW after one season.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 22:57   #33
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

good, each episode has been doing my head in even more, it is actually quite laughable in some places. It doesn't matter where they are, whether they are in the helicopter, having a BBQ with friends, in the locker room with a tonne of other military guys......."we are going to take a two minute break from the main story and talk about the conspiracy in front of everyone that we are trying to keep secret for the millionth time".

The thing which let this series down is that there is only 5% of what I wanted to see which is military action in the helicopter. The rest is stupid conspiracy plot and family drama. I was going to drop it anyway because I prefer Seal Team and SWAT started last week as well. The best by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar though if you like military stuff is The Long Road Home which started last night. I watched it this morning and loved it. It is a proper military story Band of Brothers style based on the Iraq war. I am hoping it is not a one-off and they pick up another story in season 2. Considering it has been produced by National Geographic it has been very very well done and so far I am not having any issues at all with my "realism factor". I would gladly ditch the other series and take this one if I had to choose between them.
Old 17-11-2017, 00:18   #34
General Maximus
Ran Away

Old 19-11-2017, 17:47   #35
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
The Brave has already been cancelled.
Quote:
Are you watching The Brave? Recently, NBC praised the ratings for the freshman TV show. Could this mean a season two renewal?

According to NBC, ratings for The Brave have increased over 60% since it debuted in September. Currently, the drama is earning an average rating of 1.05 in the 18-49 demo and 5.147 million viewers, placing it above popular shows likes The Blacklist and Blindspot.

Read more details from NBC below:

“The Brave,” which is in the midst of its 13-episode season, has been a steady performer for the network. This past Monday’s episode equaled the show’s high in 18-49 since Oct. 9 and, despite airing opposite “The Good Doctor,” the season average for “The Brave” has outrated CBS’ “Scorpion” on eight of eight Mondays so far in 18-49. It also ranks ahead of several rival 10 p.m. dramas, including “NCIS: New Orleans,” “Blue Bloods,” “S.W.A.T.,” “Kevin (Probably) Saves the World” and “Madam Secretary.”

In L+7, “The Brave” has increased by +60% in 18-49 and +3.2 million viewers overall (5.3 million to 8.5 million). With the addition of projected non-linear ratings, the L+7 figure grows to a 1.96 in 18-49.

“Dean Georgaris and our executive producers and cast have created a compelling drama, with top-notch production values, that have captured the intense pressure facing our military personnel in the field and the analysts back home in their unrelenting fight to protect our freedom,” said Jennifer Salke, President, NBC Entertainment. “We couldn’t be prouder of the work they all do.”

A decision on a second season will be made at a later date.”
Old 19-11-2017, 18:59   #36
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

We shall see, the site I use still lists it as cancelled.

Quote:
NBC refutes the cancellation, however, insiders stress that it is in their interests to do so, and the show is nevertheless “toast”.

Incidently, I have no idea why they renewed "Blindspot" either, that was expected to die, and didnt, and its not doing very well again.

Old 19-11-2017, 19:41   #37
General Maximus
Ran Away

I can't believe it is doing so well. Before I saw that article I read this one:

Quote:
CBS GIVES FULL SEASON ORDER TO “S.W.A.T.”AND PICKS UP THREE ADDITIONAL EPISODES OF “9JKL” FOR THE 2017-2018 BROADCAST SEASON

CBS has given a full season order to new drama series S.W.A.T. and has picked up three additional episodes of new comedy 9JKL for the 2017-2018 broadcast season.

S.W.A.T. is averaging 10.36 million viewers, 1.9 in adults 18-49 and 2.8 in adults 25-54. Its Thursday, Nov. 2 premiere at 10:00 PM was the best performance in the time period with entertainment programming since Jan. 6, 2016, averaging 10.52 million viewers with live plus 7-day ratings. It also had the time period’s best rating among adults 18-49 since March 3, 2016, averaging 1.9.
You just cant believe that **** like The Brave can out do so many other respectable tv series. Apart from SWAT I don't watch any of the others but I know Blue Bloods used to be huge and is very well respected.

Edit: I have just read both articles again and they are picking which figures they use to make it sound good. SWAT and Blue Bloods (don't know about the others) are 10+ million viewers a week and The Brave is only 8.
Old 20-11-2017, 00:10   #38
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Interestingly, 9JKL is also apparently for the chop, despite the extra episodes ;

Quote:
CBS has cancelled 9JKL after one season, according to reports.

Per insiders, the low-rated sitcom will not return for Season 2.
The early cancellation comes despite the network ordering back-up scripts last week.
http://renewcanceltv.com/9jkl-cancel...s-no-season-2/

Old 22-11-2017, 21:44   #39
General Maximus
Ran Away

I have started to update the main post with the returning dates for after xmas. Some of them aren't available yet so the season premiere dates for the relevant series are still at the top of the list with returning dates in the second half. As the info becomes available I will update and move them around accordingly.
Old 04-12-2017, 17:27   #40
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Sky Acquires ‘SEAL Team’ & ‘Instinct’ In Deal With CBSSI

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2017/12/sky-...ct-deal-cbssi/
Old 04-12-2017, 19:40   #41
General Maximus
Ran Away

cool, Seal Team is defo worth the watch.
Old 22-12-2017, 20:58   #42
General Maximus
Ran Away

just done a semi-final update for post-xmas. Pretty much all the return dates are available now. Make sure you check out the new series, there are only a few of them but they look really good.

Last edited by General Maximus; 23-12-2017 at 08:10.
Old 22-12-2017, 21:14   #43
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Where did you get the date for the 100 from ?
Ive been looknig out for that but not seen any date yet.

Old 23-12-2017, 19:06   #44
General Maximus
Ran Away

I don't know and it is really flipping bugging me now. I didn't put that in yesterday, I did it a couple of weeks ago when I started updating the thread and the reason why I started updating it is because the site I use started posting articles for return dates. As I was going through them there was a article about The 100 and one of the side bits of info was the season 5 premiere date which I surprised about and I distinctly remember reading it because when I saw March I thought which is why I put the next to it. I wanted to give you a link to confirm it but I can't flipping find it now. I think they must have edited the article and removed it. The dates haven't been updated on my tv calendar or epguides yet either. I am going to leave it in there because I wouldn't have moved it off the TBC list if I wasn't absolutely sure and it defo isn't coming any time soon.
Old 08-01-2018, 15:33   #45
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

The 100 Season 5 starts on April 24 (2018)
iZombie Season 4 starts on February 26 (2018)
The Originals Season 5 starts on April 20 (2018)

Timeless is currently set for the summer of 2018, no exact date yet.