Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky+ app do you use it ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky+ app do you use it ?
View Poll Results: Do you use the Sky+ app ?
Yes use it all the time 14 73.68%
Occasionally 3 15.79%
My device isn't supported 0 0%
Never use it 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-02-2013, 19:58   #1
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Sky+ app do you use it ?

With some of the new features available on Android and the full suite on iOS do you use the Sky+ app ?

I find I now schedule the majority of my recordings/series links and generally organise my planner via the ipad app , it's also handy for viewing the On Demand catalogue without disturbing your viewing and starting it downloading to the STB.

What future features would you like to see ? Personally I'd like an 'Away' mode like the VM TV Anywhere app currently has allowing you to edit your planner on the move , the ultimate would be the ability to view recordings off your Sky+HD box in the app.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-02-2013, 20:04   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sky+ app do you use it ?

Yup, I use it on my iPad and iPhone. Excellent app, very handy to be able to manage the Planner without using the box & remote.

I agree with your dream features.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 20:52   #3
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO

I use it on my iPhone/iPad daily, I even use it as my remote control aswell to change channel, delete recordings, browse ondemand and set downloads/recordings.

I don't know how we lived with out such things , how did we ever think it was acceptable to interrupt our viewing and reduce the main screen to less than 1 quarter of screen size just to check the planner is beyond me. I love second screen tech.
Old 19-02-2013, 21:16   #4
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

I use it on my phone alot to set recordings and delete stuff from my planner. I use the iPad app to look at On Demand content as well
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 22:05   #5
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

I use it as a TV guide, it's quicker and smoother than the Virginmedia app

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 22:40   #6
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

They should bring out a Never Miss app integrated into the Sky+ app in someway.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 22:44   #7
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
They should bring out a Never Miss app integrated into the Sky+ app in someway.
That's a brilliant idea , its been said many times on numerous forums. I regularly use the Sky Never Miss service however I'd love to get notifications via an app allowing me too directly set a series link through my tablet/smartphone rather than via email.
Old 20-02-2013, 08:54   #8
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
I use it as a TV guide, it's quicker and smoother than the Virginmedia app
I used to do the same when I was a VM customer.

Now I use the app all the time to set up recordings and browse the TV guide and On Demand. I really like the highlights section of the app as well, I've discovered several good programmes because of it!
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 18:51   #9
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

I use it all the time.

It's the best thing since sliced bread.

I dunno how I lived without it.

Agree about nevermiss.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 20:02   #10
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Just set something to record on the iPad app and it told me that the items will clash and automatically gave an alternative airing for one of the items. Thats much better than me trying to work it out and find another airing
Old 21-02-2013, 18:46   #11
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Just set something to record on the iPad app and it told me that the items will clash and automatically gave an alternative airing for one of the items. Thats much better than me trying to work it out and find another airing
That's the Clash Manager at work!!

Brilliant ain't it
Old 21-02-2013, 18:47   #12
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I use it to wind Peter up by controlling the Box from the other room
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 19:50   #13
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
That's the Clash Manager at work!!

Brilliant ain't it
I like it. They just need to bring that to the STB now oh and to android devices as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
I use it to wind Peter up by controlling the Box from the other room
Lol that sounds funny, make him think its a ghost
Old 22-02-2013, 16:07   #14
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
I like it. They just need to bring that to the STB now oh and to android devices as well
Probably but personally I don't ever use the STB's interface since I started using the sky+ app so I am not really bothered.
Old 22-02-2013, 23:18   #15
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
Probably but personally I don't ever use the STB's interface since I started using the sky+ app so I am not really bothered.
I'm pretty much the same , it allows you to schedule recordings , edit your planner without disturbing your viewing and the highlights section looks brilliant on the iPads retina display.