Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky MultiRoom - Any installers on here?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky MultiRoom - Any installers on here?

Old 29-01-2012, 15:25   #31
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sky MultiRoom - Any installers on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Yeah, I've not thought of people using multi-room in a separate house before. I can see how that would be a major problem for Sky.

I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as Sky are prepared to install it properly and don't just set up the box and then leave it with no phone line causing me problems in the future.
How many boxes do you have ? I'm going down the wireless extender route I know it's at my cost but it's neater.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-01-2012, 15:34   #32
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
How many boxes do you have ? I'm going down the wireless extender route I know it's at my cost but it's neater.
I have 3 boxes with VM at the moment and would like to keep the same amount when I move to Sky. I'm still not convinced about leaving my 50mb (soon to be 100mb) broadband behind though. In this case, where I just have TV with Sky & no BB or phone line; Do they still allow you to take multi-room?
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 15:39   #33
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I have 3 boxes with VM at the moment and would like to keep the same amount when I move to Sky. I'm still not convinced about leaving my 50mb (soon to be 100mb) broadband behind though. In this case, where I just have TV with Sky & no BB or phone line; Do they still allow you to take multi-room?
I'd hang fire mate and wait until Sky open Anytime+ upto other ISP's then you could keep your VM BB if you wanted and still get OD , I believe with TV only you can still have multiroom.
Old 29-01-2012, 15:54   #34
Doz007
cf.geek

Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
I'd hang fire mate and wait until Sky open Anytime+ upto other ISP's then you could keep your VM BB if you wanted and still get OD , I believe with TV only you can still have multiroom.
Yeah, I don't think it will be too long before the allow other ISPs to access Anytime+. With it being a VM phone line, I wasn't sure if that was acceptable. If I ever put my number in Sky's or BT's website it comes back showing nothing at all as though the number doesn't exist. Will the Sky boxes still be able to call home?
Old 29-01-2012, 15:58   #35
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think it will be too long before the allow other ISPs to access Anytime+. With it being a VM phone line, I wasn't sure if that was acceptable. If I ever put my number in Sky's or BT's website it comes back showing nothing at all as though the number doesn't exist. Will the Sky boxes still be able to call home?
I had Sky installed initially on a VM phoneline with no issues at all , if you need fast Internet VM will serve you better currently than Sky can , I personally have no need for 50/100mb speed as I basically browse/email , stream iplayer , Anytime+ , Netflix all of which my line copes with easily and I like the thought of no traffic management.
Old 29-01-2012, 17:37   #36
Doz007
cf.geek

That's pretty much all I do along with downloading games on Steam, Xbox Live etc as well as HD movies from iTunes. Does 9mb allow you to stream HD movies? I do rent a lot of HD movies on Apple TV so a decent reliable connection is an absolute must.
Old 29-01-2012, 18:04   #37
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Mine streams with no issues at all , but obviously I don't know the ins and outs of your line.
Old 29-01-2012, 19:26   #38
thunderlips
Inactive

Services: XL TIVO, 200 MEG BB, PHONE , 4 MOBILES
thunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of light

i have 3 multiroom boxes with VM thats why i was asking about the wirless conecter for sky anytime+ i have many firends who have switched to sky from VM and they all said best thing they ever done and yet i have looked on the net and read some horror stories about people switching !
thunderlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 19:59   #39
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderlips View Post
i have 3 multiroom boxes with VM thats why i was asking about the wirless conecter for sky anytime+ i have many firends who have switched to sky from VM and they all said best thing they ever done and yet i have looked on the net and read some horror stories about people switching !
It's like anything VM will better for some were Sky will be better for others. I choose Sky because as a Sky world subscriber I receive Sky 3D free and all my sports channels in HD plus a superior range of mobile apps however I never had any issues bar contention with my BB when with VM and would consider returning if things changed.
Old 29-01-2012, 20:02   #40
thunderlips
Inactive

thunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of light

i know what you mean MM its just taking that step, and that old saying frightend of jumping out of the frying pan into the fire ! lol
Old 29-01-2012, 20:09   #41
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderlips View Post
i know what you mean MM its just taking that step, and that old saying frightend of jumping out of the frying pan into the fire ! lol
Trust me if your happy with VM then don't move , they offer a good service and as you have 3 boxes they'll probably save you money, what's the old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it
Old 29-01-2012, 20:10   #42
thunderlips
Inactive

you know what MM your totaly right !
Old 30-01-2012, 12:47   #43
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

How many Sky STBS can you have?

Can you have muiltple Dishes?
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 13:07   #44
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
How many Sky STBS can you have?

Can you have muiltple Dishes?
Why would you need multiple dishes an octo LNB will feed 4 STB's.
Old 30-01-2012, 13:07   #45
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Why would you need multiple dishes an octo LNB will feed 4 STB's.
I am just asking!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote