Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | If I already have a Sky dish do Sky change it for a new one at install?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

If I already have a Sky dish do Sky change it for a new one at install?

Old 06-10-2011, 11:37   #16
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age
Re: If I already have a Sky dish do Sky change it for a new one at instal?

Thanks.

I don't currently have a landline so I will have to pay a one off fee.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2011, 12:37   #17
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: If I already have a Sky dish do Sky change it for a new one at instal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
Thanks.

I don't currently have a landline so I will have to pay a one off fee.
If the forums are to be believed its £25.00 , but you would have to ask.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 15:15   #18
LexDiamond
Inactive

LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age
Re: If I already have a Sky dish do Sky change it for a new one at install?

It is £25 for the instal with no landline. I called and asked while I was ordering online because there is no option for this on the online sign up. The engineer will have to ask for the charge to be added.
Old 09-10-2011, 14:58   #19
LexDiamond
Inactive

The installation guy came around and actually refused to install a second dish on my wall

Said he didn't have the time.
Old 09-10-2011, 15:40   #20
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The installation guy came around and actually refused to install a second dish on my wall

Ring and complain then , tell them as a new customer you are entitled to one.
Old 09-10-2011, 18:35   #21
DES_1001
Inactive

DES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes muppetman11 is right, the dish you have up is your propety! he has no right to use it!
Ring syk to complain, tell them the dish you have is your propety and you use it for freeview.
Tell them as a new customer you are entitled to a full install, also state you wish to make a formal complaint agains the engineer / installer, also state that you have wasted the day waiting for the install.
DES_1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 19:03   #22
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

As the other two have already said.. Ring up and complain.. The engineer was being lazy and trying to do the job on the cheap (and probably will end up with a dish to sell on the side)
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 19:23   #23
DES_1001
Inactive

DES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of light

Customer Complaint, Sky Subscriber Services Ltd, PO Box 43, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 7DD

You can also contact us by telephone on 08442 411 653 in the UK or 0818 719 819 in the Republic of Ireland. Our advisors are available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:17   #24
LexDiamond
Inactive

Thanks. I called and am due a call back from them today.

Really annoying thing is that first VM messed me around and now Sky have.
Old 13-10-2011, 13:05   #25
DES_1001
Inactive

Did you get the outcome you wanted?
Old 19-10-2011, 18:55   #26
LexDiamond
Inactive

Yes I have, thanks. Installation is this Sunday.

The lady also clarified the position of Sky on the matter which was that all installations should be with new equipment and the old equipment should be removed (for customer convenience) unless the customer request to keep it.
Old 23-10-2011, 20:21   #27
LexDiamond
Inactive

All installed today. Very pleasant chap arrived and went beyond what he needed to do to make the instal neat and tidy.
Old 23-10-2011, 20:39   #28
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
All installed today. Very pleasant chap arrived and went beyond what he needed to do to make the instal neat and tidy.
Glad to hear your sorted , let us know your impressions.
Old 24-10-2011, 07:43   #29
LexDiamond
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Glad to hear your sorted , let us know your impressions.
Thanks mate. First impressions are that Sky+HD stb is much slicker than the Sky+ box I had when I last had Sky. The EPG and menu in general are much better.

I last had VM in April 2011 so don't know if things have changed with VM but Sky's channel order is much better than VM's. E.g. I never understood why FX was 160 on VM when IMO it is one of the major pay tv entertainment channels.

I'm used to three tuners so that is the downside of Sky+HD but not really a huge issue as there is a workaround by using search function to get repeats informations.

PQ same as V+ for HD and SD, same as Tivo for HD but better than Tivo for SD.
Old 24-10-2011, 13:05   #30
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Thanks mate. First impressions are that Sky+HD stb is much slicker than the Sky+ box I had when I last had Sky. The EPG and menu in general are much better.

I last had VM in April 2011 so don't know if things have changed with VM but Sky's channel order is much better than VM's. E.g. I never understood why FX was 160 on VM when IMO it is one of the major pay tv entertainment channels.

I'm used to three tuners so that is the downside of Sky+HD but not really a huge issue as there is a workaround by using search function to get repeats informations.

PQ same as V+ for HD and SD, same as Tivo for HD but better than Tivo for SD.
It's worth registering for a SkyID if you have not already done so , here's a few of the services you can use
http://www.sky.com/mysky/makethemost/

Never miss and remote record are pretty good as is Sky Go.