Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky do it all wrong...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky do it all wrong...

Old 11-09-2011, 16:16   #1
jordyGFC
Inactive

Services: Virgin XXL Internet, Sky+ HD All , BT Phone, iphone 4
jordyGFC is on a distinguished roadjordyGFC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jordyGFC
Sky do it all wrong...

Theres no doubt that sky have an excellent T.V service (apart from not having bbc iplayer, 4OD etc.). But sky go is an absolute shambles as was sky player, who ever sets it up and comes up with the ideas needs sacked. Why can i only have 2 devices registered? i want my mac, iphone, xbox, and pc registered but i cant and why? well no reason at all! apart from sky thinking im giving out my details to others so they can get the same crap quality, lower than SD, sky go i get! Well no! its not on, sky have the worst mobile on demand service ever!

jordyGFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2011, 16:26   #2
Jameseh

Re: Sky do it all wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordyGFC View Post
Theres no doubt that sky have an excellent T.V service (apart from not having bbc iplayer, 4OD etc.). But sky go is an absolute shambles as was sky player, who ever sets it up and comes up with the ideas needs sacked. Why can i only have 2 devices registered? i want my mac, iphone, xbox, and pc registered but i cant and why? well no reason at all! apart from sky thinking im giving out my details to others so they can get the same crap quality, lower than SD, sky go i get! Well no! its not on, sky have the worst mobile on demand service ever!

As opposed to what other mobile services? TVCatchup are the only company who support more than one device and no other company even offers live TV so far as I know.

If you want it across multiple devices, get a Slingbox or wait until mobile networks start offering more than 1kb of internet so that content providers will see how big the opportunity is.
Old 11-09-2011, 17:29   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
or wait until mobile networks start offering more than 1kb of internet
Would point out that Virgin Mobile are now offering tariffs with 5GB worth of data

http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...hly-offer.html
Old 11-09-2011, 18:01   #4
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter

T-Mobile offer unlimited data packages from £20 a month.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 20:27   #5
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordyGFC View Post

Well I totally disagree , I have my IPad setup and my smartphone and the quality is excellent , looks especially good on the iPad. My only gripes are it needs more channels adding to mobile devices and an on demand feature but this will arrive sooner or later.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 20:56   #6
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Do you mean they are "coming soon"?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 21:09   #7
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Do you mean they are "coming soon"?
Indeed I do
Old 15-09-2011, 21:48   #8
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

Coming soon? Lol
Dukefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 09:20   #9
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Well I totally disagree , I have my IPad setup and my smartphone and the quality is excellent , looks especially good on the iPad. My only gripes are it needs more channels adding to mobile devices and an on demand feature but this will arrive sooner or later.
Agreed, A friend lends me one of his logins so i can use it on my ipad. Excellent product which i wished we had with VM

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 20:38   #10
daggman
Inactive

Services: 30MB broadband XL, thats all now after Price rises and F1 for 22.50, so sky tv for me.
daggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of light

SKY go is a fantastic product i use it to watch football mainly thru the xbox, quality is excellent, just want an app for android, that would be cool.
daggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 20:56   #11
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggman View Post
SKY go is a fantastic product i use it to watch football mainly thru the xbox, quality is excellent, just want an app for android, that would be cool.
I agree, handy on the ipad
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 20:58   #12
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggman View Post
Coming Soon Later in the year
http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Using-Sk...es/td-p/133523