Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky package change questions

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky package change questions

Old 12-08-2011, 08:06   #1
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Sky package change questions

Let me take you on a journey back in time. It is the year 2010. In fact it's August 2010, and the football season is just about to start. I am a Sky TV subscriber, and I decide that for the first time I want to subscribe to Sky Sports 1. What are all the methods I can use to do this?

Two weeks later, I remember I actually hate football, and want to end my Sky Sports subscription, but keep my other channels. What are all the ways I can do this?

All people, places and events in this post are fictitious, and any resemblance to actual people, places or events living or dead are purely coincidental. Well, apart from the bit about me hating football. That really is true
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2011, 10:27   #2
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sky package change questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Let me take you on a journey back in time. It is the year 2010. In fact it's August 2010, and the football season is just about to start. I am a Sky TV subscriber, and I decide that for the first time I want to subscribe to Sky Sports 1. What are all the methods I can use to do this?

Two weeks later, I remember I actually hate football, and want to end my Sky Sports subscription, but keep my other channels. What are all the ways I can do this?

All people, places and events in this post are fictitious, and any resemblance to actual people, places or events living or dead are purely coincidental. Well, apart from the bit about me hating football. That really is true
Is there a point here
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:55   #3
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Yes.

I suppose I could load up an old version of their website on archive.org, but I thought someone here might already know the answer.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:07   #4
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Yes.

I suppose I could load up an old version of their website on archive.org, but I thought someone here might already know the answer.
Enlighten us then
Old 12-08-2011, 12:13   #5
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

It's good to know what the competition are up to.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:38   #6
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

To upgrade you can use online , telephone or interactive , I believe to cancel you have to give 31 days you can cancel via phone or email.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:51   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Thanks. On the telephone, do you have to speak to a person, or is it all automated? And is it a chargeable number?
Old 12-08-2011, 13:15   #8
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Thanks. On the telephone, do you have to speak to a person, or is it all automated? And is it a chargeable number?
You speak to a person , the call is chargeable for non Sky talk customers. Seems way off your job description this
Old 12-08-2011, 22:14   #9
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter

Quote:
Its just like Virginmedia

If you're on a Sky phoneline you ring 1500 and its a free call or a 0845 number if you're off network.

On Virginmedia you ring 150 and its free if your using a phone on there network or its a 0845 if you're off network.

Too subscribe to skysports1 you ring, use "mysky" online or do it via your sky box. Too unsubscribe after having sky sports 1 for 30 days you ring up and they will turn it off. Exactly the same way VM do it.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 22:28   #10
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

But is that how it was a year ago? (When did "mysky" first allow package adds?)
Old 12-08-2011, 22:43   #11
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter

Quote:
But is that how it was a year ago? (When did "mysky" first allow package adds?)
Yes thats how it was a year ago, what are you trying to find out? If you're wondering about Skysports contract terms they have always been for 31 days "I think".

Although there was an offer, if you took skysports for 12 months you got ESPN free for 3 months. That was last year and tied you into a 12 month skysports contract.

The mysky upgrade has been around for a longtime but not sure how long.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 14:09   #12
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Spider plant is working on the sky sports upgrade app me thinks ;-)