Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 19:36   #466
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
It's just weird. Why on earth didn't they secure History HD and C+I HD when they signed up H2 HD!
This is VM what did you expect?
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2017, 19:57   #467
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
This is VM what did you expect?
Only what l expect from you.....
Old 11-02-2017, 20:02   #468
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
It's just weird. Why on earth didn't they secure History HD and C+I HD when they signed up H2 HD!
I agree it's very strange but there must be a good reason for it.
Old 11-02-2017, 20:22   #469
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Only what l expect from you.....
I don't have a tv company though
I reckon you're a secret VM CEO
Old 11-02-2017, 20:27   #470
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I don't have a tv company though
I reckon you're a secret VM CEO
No the only job l would be fit for with them is the tea boy methinks.
Old 13-02-2017, 18:51   #471
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Irish Independent: Virgin Media backs new €3m TV3 drama as broadcaster develops indigenous programme output.

TV3 has secured funding from the Virgin Media group for a new €3m drama, as the broadcaster further develops its indigenous programme output.

TV3 also houses Virgin Media Solutions for the UK and Ireland, which is working on new 'addressable advertising' for the Virgin TV platform.

This will allow it to tailor ads to individuals.

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...dia-backs.html

Colors HD to launch tomorrow on Sky but Colors reveal that they are also in talks with other service providers.

"Colors UK has been an unprecedented audience entertainer which has provided diverse options for the South Asian audience for over seven years. We are committed towards showcasing top-notch content on our channels and are glad to join hands with Sky to bring HD quality content to viewers in the region, thereby making Colors UK HD the preferred entertainment destination for the audience. We are also in talks with other service providers and distributors in Europe to launch our HD service.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/tele...-14-feb-170213
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 13-02-2017, 20:31   #472
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Irish Independent: Virgin Media backs new €3m TV3 drama as broadcaster develops indigenous programme output.

TV3 has secured funding from the Virgin Media group for a new €3m drama, as the broadcaster further develops its indigenous programme output.

TV3 also houses Virgin Media Solutions for the UK and Ireland, which is working on new 'addressable advertising' for the Virgin TV platform.

Colors HD to launch tomorrow on Sky but Colors reveal that they are also in talks with other service providers.

"Colors UK has been an unprecedented audience entertainer which has provided diverse options for the South Asian audience for over seven years. We are committed towards showcasing top-notch content on our channels and are glad to join hands with Sky to bring HD quality content to viewers in the region, thereby making Colors UK HD the preferred entertainment destination for the audience. We are also in talks with other service providers and distributors in Europe to launch our HD service.

So vm customers can now expect a £3pm price rise then?
Old 13-02-2017, 22:31   #473
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

I'm surprised at this as Colors stated that the HD variant had been created by "holding hands with Sky", so I had assumed that it would be another HD channel that would be a Sky exclusive.

Quote:
I also wonder if the personalised ads will start with an apology for lying and messing long term customers about for three months and only doing the right thing after they received a solicitors letter?

From proactively wanting to help VM due to my opinion of Sky, I now view them as simply another service provider who will have to prove to me that they are worthy of each and every contract as they come up for renewal.

All this palava over a one off £10 overcharge will cost them dearly.
Old 13-02-2017, 22:35   #474
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I'm surprised at this as Colors stated that the HD variant had been created by "holding hands with Sky", so I had assumed that it would be another HD channel that would be a Sky exclusive.

I also wonder if the personalised ads will start with an apology for lying and messing long term customers about for three months and only doing the right thing after they received a solicitors letter?

From proactively wanting to help VM due to my opinion of Sky, I now view them as simply another service provider who will have to prove to me that they are worthy of each and every contract as they come up for renewal.

All this palava over a one off £10 overcharge will cost them dearly.
Mine is £340 apparantly despite me having letters saying i owe nothing but hey according to vm i'm a liar even a court ruled in my favour yet vm still persist.
Old 14-02-2017, 05:15   #475
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
You are very quick on the gun yet again Sir.
Old 14-02-2017, 10:55   #476
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Possibly. But whether we will also get Colours HD is another question! ��

Last edited by OLD BOY; 14-02-2017 at 10:59.
Old 14-02-2017, 11:41   #477
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

That channel doesn't sound like my cup of tea lol
Old 14-02-2017, 12:11   #478
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Possibly. But whether we will also get Colours HD is another question! ��
Is VM even in colour they seem to be so far behind everyone else
Old 14-02-2017, 12:33   #479
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
No surprise there then.
Old 14-02-2017, 21:49   #480
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Me neither, but it does say something about the level of immigration in the UK if such a channel can not only survive, but go HD when a lot of other channels are still in SD.

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

Euronews is to be renamed. Following a $30 million investment by NBC it will become known as Euronews NBC.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 14-02-2017 at 22:32.
Closed Thread