Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV (What's on soon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV (What's on soon)

Old 18-08-2013, 23:16   #31
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: Virgin TV (What's on soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The Long Firm on the Drama channel on Wednesday at 9 might be worth a look.
Great book but disappointing adaptation IMO.
Old 18-08-2013, 23:21   #32
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Under the Dome, channel 5 (and hd), Monday 19th August recurring. Post apocalyptic American stuff, might be worth a look.
It's very good i'm watchingthis at cbs pace it's slow to start but picks up. All i'm going to say is stick with it
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 23:21   #33
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
It's very good i'm watchingthis at cbs pace it's slow to start but picks up. All i'm going to say is stick with it
Agree
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 09:14   #34
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan247 View Post
I am a bit of a US tv fan- there are some interesting shows due to premiere in new Fall Season. One show i am looking to see which Uk channel picks it up is ABC's Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (premieres in the States 24 September)
I'll be amazed if that goes anywhere other than Sky
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 11:39   #35
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

[QUOTE=cityfan247;35 - there are some interest ing shows due to premiere in new Fall Season. One show i am looking to see which Uk channel picks it up is ABC's Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (premieres in the States 24 September)[/QUOTE]
http://www.tvwise.co.uk/acquisitions-scorecard/
Sorry mate according to this its unsold in the UK
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 12:38   #36
undertakereddie
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB Including 2 Mini-boxes SKY as Pay As You Talk Sky Unlimited Broadband Fibre Max
undertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
http://www.tvwise.co.uk/acquisitions-scorecard/
Sorry mate according to this its unsold n the UK
Channel 5 are rumoured to have secured the broadcast rights to marvels agents of shield in the united kingdom. According to an article i found on geektown.co.uk that someone posted up on that website.

We might found out at the end of this week because this thursday 22nd til 24th August 2013 its the edingborugh television festival from the guardian newspaper. Bosses from BskyB, UKTV, BBC, ITV, CHANNEL 4, CHANNEL 5 and DISCOVERY etc will be there.
undertakereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 12:52   #37
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertakereddie View Post
Channel 5 are rumoured to have secured the broadcast rights to marvels agents of shield in the united kingdom.
Well if they do get it, they'd better not treat it like Person of Interest, where we are a full season behind in the UK.

One thing you can say in Sky's favour is that they started the trend of showing US shows close to the US air date. which they do for many of their US acquisitions. They are still behind on a few though; e.g. why have they only just started showing the third season of Nikita?
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 14:53   #38
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Gold Divers Discovery HD 22.00 to 23.00 20th August
Old 19-08-2013, 14:55   #39
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold

I will be pleased if any channel i can get acquires S.H.I.E.L.D as long as i can watch it though it would be nice if i can watch it not long after it airs in the US and not 6-12 months later- I might have to watch via VPN if not.

i agree Persons of Interest is a great show as well - i only stumbled upon it by chance- Channel 5 gave it no promotion at all. Hopefully the next season should be on C5 before too long along with Sons of Anarchy.
cityfan247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 23:46   #40
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Under the Dome, channel 5 (and hd), Monday 19th August recurring. Post apocalyptic American stuff, might be worth a look.

You obviously haven't read the book. This is not a post apocalyptic story.

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

Emily Owens MD was cancelled after the first series.

---------- Post added at 22:46 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
Trollied returns on Thursday at 9pm on Sky 1/HD and Celebrity Big Brother launch night is on at the same time over on Channel 5/HD
Trollied. Thank God.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 15:35   #41
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

American Underworld Discovery HD 21.00 to 22.00 22nd August
Old 20-08-2013, 16:08   #42
undertakereddie
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB Including 2 Mini-boxes SKY as Pay As You Talk Sky Unlimited Broadband Fibre Max
undertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant future

Brand New Series 4 of Covert Affairs Returns To Really on Wednesday 11th September 2013 at 9pm INFO From Digiguide.com

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

Brand New Series 6 of True Blood Returns on Monday 30th September 2013 at 10pm on FOX & FOX HD.
undertakereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 18:31   #43
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 View Post
You obviously haven't read the book. This is not a post apocalyptic story.

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

Emily Owens MD was cancelled after the first series.

---------- Post added at 22:46 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

Trollied. Thank God.
I haven't read the book, and don't know the premise. But, despite knowing little about it I think it will be worth trying out.
Old 21-08-2013, 14:17   #44
denphone
Still alive and fighting

A League of Their Own Sky 1 HD 21.00 to 22.00 23rd August
Old 22-08-2013, 09:48   #45
nn012
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media TV, Broadband and Phone.
nn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Channel 4 acquires UK rights to 'Marvel's Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D.' http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/08/chan...f-s-h-i-e-l-d/

It'll probably end up on Sky when they realise how popular it's become on C4.
nn012 is offline   Reply With Quote