Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Voicemail on landline

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Voicemail on landline

Old 05-03-2011, 20:07   #1
DoubleL2k
Inactive

DoubleL2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Voicemail on landline

Hi guys

I have voicemail on the landline, but everyday im getting a beep on the line so when i check the messages it says i have messages but when u playback it just goes to 'to listen to the message press bla bla bla, to delete it press bla bla bla...Because there is no message there does it mean they caller has hung up?

Also does anyone know how to record your own message? i dont get the option on my settings.

Thanks
DoubleL2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2011, 20:43   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Voicemail on landline

The may be a fault that needs fixing so you would need to call up and speak to an agent.

You will only have free voicemail if you want more options you will have to pay for it.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:44   #3
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleL2k View Post
Hi guys

I have voicemail on the landline, but everyday im getting a beep on the line so when i check the messages it says i have messages but when u playback it just goes to 'to listen to the message press bla bla bla, to delete it press bla bla bla...Because there is no message there does it mean they caller has hung up?

Also does anyone know how to record your own message? i dont get the option on my settings.

Thanks
what area are you in? If you are in the North west or Midlands(ex-Telewest franchises) then you will always have a broken dial-tone as this is a feature of those switches. It goes to a faster tone when you do have a message.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 23:12   #4
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
what area are you in? If you are in the North west or Midlands(ex-Telewest franchises) then you will always have a broken dial-tone as this is a feature of those switches. It goes to a faster tone when you do have a message.
That has just reminded me that when I joined VM I indeed had a broken dial-tone. I called up to ask why and they told me it was because there was call barring on the line which I had never requested. When I asked what it was I am sure they said premium calls were restricted so I asked them to remove the barring and hey presto, no broken dial-tone.

Never had it since.
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote