Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Kelly Communications

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Kelly Communications

Old 16-07-2013, 21:53   #46
shoot2thrill
Inactive

shoot2thrill is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Kelly Communications

Wilson12, if your ex BT and working in a two man team why is it taking you 10 hours a day to complete 3 to 4 jobs??
shoot2thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-07-2013, 00:27   #47
sweaty
Inactive

Services: SKY/BTBB/BTV
sweaty is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably because he is doing the job properly and not bodging it like you lot.
sweaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 22:15   #48
shoot2thrill
Inactive

All I ever do is bodge... the thought of running a cable and connecting two wires together at a designated point is just too hard to grasp!!
If only I could be a real "engineer" like the hard working boys at BT
Old 19-07-2013, 09:15   #49
sweaty
Inactive

Services: SKY/BTBB/BTV
sweaty is an unknown quantity at this point

Running a cable and connecting two wires together? You obviously don't work on faults like the real 'engineers' do...
sweaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 20:57   #50
shoot2thrill
Inactive

Nope.....just riding round on my horse bodging every job like the cowboy that I am.
I dream of one day aspiring to the heady hights of BT faults engineer. Do I have to go to university and get a degree In rocket science for that tho??
Oh well I'l just stick to my 30k a year bodging with no weekend work thanks.

KELLY'S....DOING TWICE THE AMOUNT OF WORK IN A SHORTER SPACE OF TIME THAN BT SINCE 1998
Old 22-07-2013, 19:50   #51
ladyelectrician
Inactive

ladyelectrician is an unknown quantity at this point
Help

Hello, i am new to this site and have just had my first days training with kelly communications and was wondering if there was any one who can just tell me the facts of the company, like the whole truth, ive just had a look at the contract they have given me and in all honesty its given me 2nd thoughts... HELP ME!!
ladyelectrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 00:06   #52
DLM2310
Inactive

DLM2310 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this is an old thread but please read and take note:

I cannot stress enough as a partner of an ex-Kelly Communications/Fault Finder Engineer -and this is very much my own personal opinion from my perspective of this company.........

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, IF YOU VALUE YOU'RE SKILLS, ABILITY, SELF-ESTEEM AND FAMILY/PERSONAL TIME

My partner was paid on average less a week than I was paid per day, in fact I can't remember any given week he earned more in a week than I earned in a day (ok so I am on a good daily rate but really.....he has far more technical qualifications and experience than me)

They sent him everywhere but the area where he lived, he worked no more than 3 weeks out of 7 months anywhere close to where we live and he has never had a job in the city we live in hmmmmmmm.

On his last day they couldn't have got him further from home if they tried apart from maybe sending him to Scotland which just goes to show as far as I can see the mentality of the company (my personal opinion). On his second from last day, they didn't give him any work at all, I can only guess that was suppose to be some glitchy-ish thingy (probably an IT thingy thing) hmmmmmmm

They would drop early morning meetings on him at the last minute and disrupt my early morning pre-arranged, pre-planned, well organised (some of us can plan more than 12 hours in advance) meetings and we have a child where childcare and drop off had to be arranged in advance.

His training was at best basic and he had no real on-going mentoring.

I would never have taken the communications from my managers that I saw come through from his and I work in a very male dominated industry but I have yet to have a manager speak to me in the context he received that I saw.

I have a son who is of army joining age and quite honestly (and you will not very often if ever hear a loving, committed and doting mother say this), I would rather he joined the army and fought on the front line in The Helmand Province than work for this company and that is my very honest heartfelt personal opinion, at least he would have a decent wage in comparison, some respect for his skills and role, decent training, relevant equipment and some self-respect.

Anyway, that's my opinion, take on-board what you will but this is my own personal opinion based on what I have seen, heard and lived. I begged my partner to give his job up and he didn't put up much of a fight about it, says alot in itself. I have even offered to pay any and all of his costs that he is required to pay such a training costs etc so that he can leave the company, that is how unhappy I am/was with him working for the company.

I actually worked out that he would take home more net earnings a week if he worked in a local shop on minimum wage between 9am - 3pm and I paid him £4.00 per hour childcare fees that I pay to our childminder (£95 per week).
DLM2310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 07:58   #53
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLM2310 View Post
I know this is an old thread but please read and take note:

I cannot stress enough as a partner of an ex-Kelly Communications/Fault Finder Engineer -and this is very much my own personal opinion from my perspective of this company.........

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, IF YOU VALUE YOU'RE SKILLS, ABILITY, SELF-ESTEEM AND FAMILY/PERSONAL TIME

My partner was paid on average less a week than I was paid per day, in fact I can't remember any given week he earned more in a week than I earned in a day (ok so I am on a good daily rate but really.....he has far more technical qualifications and experience than me)

They sent him everywhere but the area where he lived, he worked no more than 3 weeks out of 7 months anywhere close to where we live and he has never had a job in the city we live in hmmmmmmm.

On his last day they couldn't have got him further from home if they tried apart from maybe sending him to Scotland which just goes to show as far as I can see the mentality of the company (my personal opinion). On his second from last day, they didn't give him any work at all, I can only guess that was suppose to be some glitchy-ish thingy (probably an IT thingy thing) hmmmmmmm

They would drop early morning meetings on him at the last minute and disrupt my early morning pre-arranged, pre-planned, well organised (some of us can plan more than 12 hours in advance) meetings and we have a child where childcare and drop off had to be arranged in advance.

His training was at best basic and he had no real on-going mentoring.

I would never have taken the communications from my managers that I saw come through from his and I work in a very male dominated industry but I have yet to have a manager speak to me in the context he received that I saw.

I have a son who is of army joining age and quite honestly (and you will not very often if ever hear a loving, committed and doting mother say this), I would rather he joined the army and fought on the front line in The Helmand Province than work for this company and that is my very honest heartfelt personal opinion, at least he would have a decent wage in comparison, some respect for his skills and role, decent training, relevant equipment and some self-respect.

Anyway, that's my opinion, take on-board what you will but this is my own personal opinion based on what I have seen, heard and lived. I begged my partner to give his job up and he didn't put up much of a fight about it, says alot in itself. I have even offered to pay any and all of his costs that he is required to pay such a training costs etc so that he can leave the company, that is how unhappy I am/was with him working for the company.

I actually worked out that he would take home more net earnings a week if he worked in a local shop on minimum wage between 9am - 3pm and I paid him £4.00 per hour childcare fees that I pay to our childminder (£95 per week).
I had the misfortune to have worked for Kelly's as a contractor installing cisco routers. They are the perfect example of what you would describe as Victorian work house employment. I left as soon as I possible could and would NEVER EVER recommend anyone works for them, If you have any chance of getting any other job and that includes burger flipping take that first..

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 18:41   #54
bag of ntts
Inactive

bag of ntts is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there I have been offered a job with Kelly in cornwall are they all round bad to work for or is the cornwall area ok to work in please help as they would like me to start Monday coming
bag of ntts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 20:19   #55
crapgame
Inactive

crapgame is an unknown quantity at this point

Stay away from this firm as they are criminals, Irish Mafia. And they will kneecap ****ing head.
crapgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 17:54   #56
crapgame
Inactive

crapgame is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know a guy called Spencer, W, Yorks area?
crapgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 18:31   #57
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapgame View Post
Anyone know a guy called Spencer, W, Yorks area?
I think you will find its against forum rules to post peoples names on here.

Old 24-10-2013, 18:36   #58
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Nothing wrong with that as there's probably a lot of people called Spencer W in Yorkshire or Spencer in West Yorkshire just as long as no further personally identifiable information is posted.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 18:37   #59
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Nothing wrong with that as there's probably a lot of people called Spencer W in Yorkshire or Spencer in West Yorkshire just as long as no further personally identifiable information is posted.

Old 22-11-2013, 14:07   #60
Doodledandy
Inactive

Doodledandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello fellow cable guys,
I've been offered a position with Kelly's as an Overhead installation Tech, on the BT Openreach contract. Minimum of four jobs a day. This is on a Self Employed basis. Paying £25 per complete install and £10 if incomplete for any reason & £15 for BT Vision installs. My tax & NI are taken care of through Work force construction at a cost of £32 per fortnight. I have also been informed that should I leave with in 12 months I will be charge £500 for cost of training. So PLEASE PLEASE can you guys advise me as to how Kelly's currently work and how the employees are treated any pay issues and work conditions

Thanks
Doodledandy is offline   Reply With Quote