Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Kelly Communications

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Kelly Communications

Old 05-08-2009, 01:43   #16
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050
Re: Kelly Communications

Ah buggery, wish I had seen this before. I have a telephone interview on Friday. Buggery..
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2009, 16:46   #17
zacharie
Inactive

zacharie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I have just completed an interview with Kelly communications, and I would like to warn the other ppl who have been contacted by them. They would hire me, but I'm going to refuse the offer....

1. There aren't any positive feedback on them so far.....it's quite obvious sign to stay away from them

2. They seem not to give a **** about anything.....for example they have promised to send me details via email, but they did not (maybe they are afraid of this because it can be used as evidence against them later)....after I left a voicemail they have replied via !!!!TEXT!!!!.....so unprofessional.....and they have done this on several occasions, even when we have tried to arrange the interview!

3. they're not honest, they have tried to cover details, and when I asked they did not provide clear answers

4. they did not mention that I need to pay for equipment, travel etc, but I have heard from previous and current techs that Kelly's going to refund it from the salary

there's a way too long list of concerns about this matter, too long to post it here, but if you read this, PLEASE AVOID KELLY COMMUNICATIONS for your own good!

and I would like to say thanks for everyone who have started threads about these vicious *******s, I would have ruined my life!!!
zacharie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 21:22   #18
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

2005 > 2009 - looks like they not even learnt from their mistakes...
Old 30-09-2009, 23:51   #19
mikey d
Inactive

mikey d is an unknown quantity at this point

do not under any circumstances work for kelly communications, avoid like the clap!!
with the current pay scheme , even if you are on a daily rate, ever since they sacked their pay role department and out sourced it they charge you 60 pounds a month "admin fee" which cannot be claimed back on your tax return, the company siply take it from your wage , essentially you are paying for the privillage of getting paid . if the work dries up a little you get a call one afternoon to say you have a day off the next day and wont be paid, i have only recently resigned from kellys after 15 years after they lost the virgin media contract , no golden hanshake for me though, just the threat of deducting my wage if i didnt hand my used!!! uniform in, thats how this company opperates, stay away. reports of them winning a large contract for the hughes group on behalf of camelott are over stated, all it is is satalite installs or upgrades, ie: crawling round on your hands and knees in pokey grubby little corner shops or in large supermarkets during the night for no extra money, i'm sure before long they'll manage to cock this one up too !!!!!!
mikey d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 22:20   #20
Keef G
Inactive

Services: 20mb, XL TV
Keef G is an unknown quantity at this point

Not bitter at all then Mick????

You could do a bit of research before you spout of though fella to be fair, as "reports of them winning a large contract for the hughes group on behalf of camelott are over stated" is so far wide of the mark it isnt even in the same postcode area as said mark!

Very childish post, but then I dont expect anything else really
Keef G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 22:54   #21
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I take it you work for Kelly then ?

(and apparently know each other since you referred to him as "Mick").

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:33   #22
Keef G
Inactive

Services: 20mb, XL TV
Keef G is an unknown quantity at this point

I do work for Kelly's and have done for 13 years now.

And yes, i do know Mick.
Keef G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 16:05   #23
cablewill
Inactive

cablewill is an unknown quantity at this point

i work for kelly coms also, they are possibly the worst company on the planet!!!
DO NOT WORK FOR THESE PEOPLE you will regret it!!!!
cablewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 01:54   #24
nicky666
Inactive

nicky666 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive got interview tomoz with them. Bugga thing is have to go ... but after i have seen the posts on here i think ill tell them to stick it, as i have heard as well , it working on a basis of being self employed :S , so not happy about that either!
nicky666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 21:13   #25
gazza175
Inactive

gazza175 is an unknown quantity at this point

just been having a laugh reading the comments on here,and thought i would throw a comment in.i have worked for kellys for 10 yrs on and off and i have to agree with the do not work for kelly comms people.Just lately things seem to be getting worse,so even though i do still work for them(love the job hate the company)i would recommend finding something else.
gazza175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:12   #26
Brett_p
Inactive

Brett_p is an unknown quantity at this point

hi. i went for the interview on thursday (3rd) and he told me that i will be paye. i will also get a diesel card, mobile phone and van and my salary will be £24,000pa. on average i will have to do 4 installs. sounds gravy to me . any 1 know what to expect from the weeks training i have to do?

Brett P
Brett_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:07   #27
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_p View Post
hi. i went for the interview on thursday (3rd) and he told me that i will be paye. i will also get a diesel card, mobile phone and van and my salary will be £24,000pa. on average i will have to do 4 installs. sounds gravy to me . any 1 know what to expect from the weeks training i have to do?

Brett P
I suggest you read the rest of this thread as well as the one your in

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/10...ntractors.html

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 18:22   #28
Brett_p
Inactive

Brett_p is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers fella. hopefully i will get the answers im looking for as im leaving quite a good job
Brett_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:32   #29
madant
Inactive

madant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_p View Post
cheers fella. hopefully i will get the answers im looking for as im leaving quite a good job

how did you apply as the website always says no jobs, i am an servce and install tech for virgin media i got in though an apprentership an being doing it 2years now, 16 jobs a day 22min per job routed by people who cnt read a map and pda's from 2001 an 18,000 its wack

kellys sounds like a walk in park

any feedback about the job or were u applied

cheers
madant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 00:34   #30
bazza106
Inactive

bazza106 is an unknown quantity at this point

I start my training soon with Kelly's, is it really this bad?
Was told I will be earning between £80-£120 a day.
And again training pay is £40 a day for 2 weeks and then 1 week will be
On the job paired up with someone, I'm in the herts area..... Also with the promise
Of loads of work coming up
bazza106 is offline   Reply With Quote